Ever lost a record and you have no idea where it went?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ANALOGUE OR DEATH, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANALOGUE OR DEATH

ANALOGUE OR DEATH Forum Resident Thread Starter

I can't find my original copy of The Fall:The Wonderful And Frightening World Of The Fall.

Don't know where it went or when.It's not a record I would ever have considered selling as it's a favourite.I've searched everywhere,considered mis-filing etc.I'm sure nobody stole it.Can't see it anywhere.

First noticed it had gone walkabout a couple of years back,so I had to buy another copy for about £20.My original I had since first release so it's especially gauling.

Anyone else had this happen?

2. pathosdrama

pathosdrama Forum Resident

I think those are named "stolen records" :D

3. Quakerism

Quakerism Serial number 141467.

It’s called the “Angel’s Share”.

Records lost no but I did have a platter mat disappear sometime ago. It’s maddening.

4. ANALOGUE OR DEATH

Not this one.I do a complete body search of anyone going in and out of my record room,including the wife:).

5. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

Only once. My 13 year old daughter let some teen age boys in the house while we were not home and while I have no absolute proof my copy of Santana Abraxas MFSL Gold CD was never to be seen again. Oh well at least they had good taste.

frightwigwam, ARK, Buddybud and 5 others like this.
  6. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

My copy of Sgt Peppers is missing from my collection. I am sure I had it not to long ago (relatively speaking). This one is the big mystery.

I had a copy of Some Girls that I bought the day it was released. It disappeared when I was in college. I think I lent it out and never got it back.

I had several records that I did not listen to much disappear (decades ago). I think I left them at my parents and my dad sold them in a garage sale.

7. samurai

samurai Step right up! See the glory, of the royal scam.

It's an indication of smoking too much pot for much too long of a time.
    Things in plain sight start to get "lost".

Lemon Curry and chickendinna like this.
  8. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

“Now sir, what are these 12” squares jutting out from your back?”

“It’s my eczema”

“Very well, see you later!”

Buddybud likes this.
  9. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

:shake: Sorry to hear that!

What pressing was it?

10. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

It’ll come back. Sometimes they just need some fresh air.

ARK, Buddybud, Royce and 8 others like this.
  11. Dondy

Dondy Forumaniac

I was missing the disk of Roy Buchanan's "Buch an the Snakestretchers" CD while I still had the tray. For long I had no idea where the CD may be until it occurred to me that it must have still been in a damaged CD player that I had thrown away. Grrr, you bet! :realmad:

Zeki and geo50000 like this.
  12. ANALOGUE OR DEATH

Yeah but my Fall record wondered out over 2 years ago,so I think it must have Alzheimer's or something!

13. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

There have been a few; John Eller & the DTs Escape Trick (had to repurchase), The Ultimate Freddie King compilation, and disc one of the two CD Larry Corryel Vanguard comp.

14. Yes, it happened yesterday.

My sons girlfriend asked me if I had any Xmas albums.
    I said "yes I've got Bing Crosby Merry Xmas"
    And I went to grab it from where I thought it was and it wasn't there!!!

I then went crazy looking through my entire collection over and over thinking I'd overlooked it, can't find it and have no idea where it went.

Buddybud, GerryO and mark winstanley like this.
  15. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Normally it has been a case of loan someone a cd, and they disappear off the planet. I hate to not allow people access to music, but these days only one person gets to loan cd's off me. Tired of replacing, essentially, stolen cd's

16. Kingsley Fats

Kingsley Fats Forum Resident

Yes but i lose e-mails in my inbox at work much more often.

ARK likes this.
  17. James5001

James5001 Forum Resident

No not a record but cds have legs I'm pretty sure.

Chemguy and mark winstanley like this.
  18. Jbrownie

Jbrownie Forum Resident

'Songs of the Pogo'. I think it belonged to my sister, but the turntable definitely belonged to me. Eventually we both went our separate ways. Now I know where the turntable went. But the LP? We can't even muster a plausible explanation where it disappeared to.

Michel_LeGrisbi likes this.
  19. dividebytube

dividebytube Forum Resident

Back before I put in "stoppers" on the rear of my Ikea Kallax shelves, records would get shoved back and "lost". I would have to pull out every album one by one to find 'em.

Another possibility - a gatefold record was put back on the shelf improperly and covered up the album.

20. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I have a few that I've noticed are missing, some have been AWOL for years, I just assume they are here someone and one day, when I improve my filing system/have more space they will reappear, the weirdest one is Coltrane's "Kulu Se Mama", I still have the sleeve properly filed, but the record has vanished, I know I owned the record because I remember selling off a lesser reissue copy of it and wouldn't have done so if I didn't have a better copy and even if I wasn't quite OCD about returning records to their sleeve a lone sleeveless Impulse should stick out like a sore thumb, another Jazz one is Tubby Hayes "Mexican Green", I know I owned it, can even remember buying it as it was a lot of money to spend thirty years ago, but it's nowhere to be seen. My biggest loss is an original copy of Aphrodite's Child "666" in mint condition, I know when and where I bought it and how much I paid, but it has vanished without trace, I even had a conversation with the person who sold it to me as I was starting to doubt I'd actually bought a copy, he confirmed my memory of buying it as the collection it came with was very memorable, he does now like to occasionally remind me that I've lost a £1,000 LP as he finds it much more amusing than I do.

Zeki, Man at C&A and GerryO like this.
  21. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

My Charlie Danials Band, High Lonesome lp went missing a few years back so I just bought another one. Then a year or so ago the replacement disappeared as well. Nobody comes over to listen anymore so it’s here somewhere. I stared looking in the “Ds”, than the “Cs”, then in like artists but nothing. Then I began a systematic search starting at “A”. But with 6000 albums I get partway through and then forget where I left off lol.

Chemguy and Zeki like this.
  22. Eobard Thawne

Eobard Thawne Forum Resident

My Beatles 1992 EP CD box set is missing, over 20 years ago, I suspected my step-dad did something but can't prove or talk to him.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  23. Etienne Hanratty

Etienne Hanratty Forum Resident

A Monkees compilation, Straw Donkey by Carter USM, two copies of The Whole Story by Kate Bush, High Violet by The National and Magic by Bruce Springsteen (tho I somehow retained the cases for the last 2)

Lewisboogie likes this.
  24. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

I know that a copy of the Suburbs' "World War III" single made it from the store into my house, but I haven't seen it since the day I bought it. I think it fell behind something in the study but I have no idea what.

Lewisboogie and MEMark like this.
  25. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Not LPs but I remember a bunch of CDs and cassettes that I lost during a move to another apartment 13 years ago. 13? Wow, lucky number.^^
    Still feel they must be somewhere in the basement though.

Happened to me, too. Maybe that's the reason why I found CD cases but no disc inside.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Fullbug likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.