Stereolab - 2019 Reissue Campaign and a live return

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kevimetal, Dec 4, 2018.

1. GordonM

GordonM Forum Resident

My Obi strip edition LPs arrived today. Sleeves look perfect. Bleep's packaging is good. Trivial note: the Obi numbers are the same for my two copies.

2. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

Does anyone else have missing numbers on their clear ME ?
    Mine has the appropriate stikcer but the place where the number should be is blank. All the copies being sold at my store (half a dozen, I would guess) were like this.

3. gomen ne

gomen ne -

I just got my obi copies today (they were supposed to arrive yesterday - DPD :thumbsdow). Sorry to make anyone green but I was lucky for the 2nd time (I got one last round) to get 5 matching Cliffs - this time with ME, which in my mind makes up for my bad copy of Cobra. Luck cancels out! I wonder if I send them off will I get two different prizes or just one? Should I send them off separately? o_O First world dilemmas.

4. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

They have stated before they will send you how many winners you get. No need to send them in separately I'd guess. I got a winner on my first one, but held off on sending it to see if I'd get more than one to save me the postage.

gomen ne likes this.
  5. hamicle

hamicle Forum Resident

No winners for me out of six cards, sadly

Neonbeam and zerbrechen like this.
  6. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

My clear ME is numbered.

7. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

Spinning ME - sounds superb, really thrilled with this edition. I never had "Rose My Rocket Brain" so delighted to hear this material at last.

8. octophone

Moved straight onto Sound Dust - did I under-estimate this album or what? Side one is right out there. For some reason I recalled this album as being quite uniform, even dull - why? why? why?

Maybe it was that first listen - I was on holiday in Canada when it came out so I bought it and listened in the flat I was staying in. Maybe the system in there sucked or something///but I definitely gave it a full spin when I got home. Ah well.

9. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

No idea why people sleep on Sound-Dust, it's soooo good.

10. BeardedSteven

I got my OBI CDs today. Along with another set supposed to go to some dude in Nashville.... I've reached out to them as to what to do. With only 250 I don't mind forwarding them as I have the address. Hopefully they can pay me somehow for the shipping... Hopefully they will get back to me. Not sure if it's appropriate for me to just send them to a stranger who I accidentally have his address?

11. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

They'll respond, eventually. I've been working with them over the last several months, still trying to get the second round - DPD lost my original shipment. What a pain....

BeardedSteven likes this.
  12. BeardedSteven

Did you just contact them via the generic support at bleep address? I'm not exactly sure the proper way to get ahold of them.

13. GordonM

GordonM Forum Resident

My copy ofME (clear) is not quite phenomenal unfortunately. On Side C in particular, (very noticeable on The Man with 100 Cells and the middle of the following track), there is a distinct grainy/buzzing quality in the left channel. I have the original vinyl and the new reissue CD with which to compare and I don't hear the same. I will do more listening and will contact Ochre via the web site. I hope this is isolated and no-one else has the same and that I can get a replacement disk.

14. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

This address was the one I used: [email protected]

BeardedSteven likes this.
  15. GordonM

GordonM Forum Resident

I'm still familiarizing myself with Sound Dust and have now listened through on vinyl. It sounds great - none of the issues I have on my copy of ME. The instrumental intro to Gus The Mynahbird is wonderful. Album highlight.

rancher likes this.
  16. Em.

Em. Forum Resident

Received my OBI copies of SD and ME a couple days early in California yesterday (ME's OBI is numbered 2/500, ME is 347/500).
    I haven't had a chance to spin them yet, but they sure look great.

17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

listening to ME right now and man does it sound good.

svet_so likes this.
  18. StevenTounsand

StevenTounsand Waxidermy Refugee

It really does and that last side F is the best extra stuff of all these reissues!

GentleSenator likes this.
  19. octophone

No Cliffs for me on the last round of scratchcards, boo etc. Fun idea tho'.

20. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Yes!

GentleSenator likes this.
  21. BeardedSteven

Since they sent me 2 sets of the OBI strip CDs and not the LPs I ordered, and I'm not going to hold my breath hoping they fix it :(, I picked up the regular clear sets at my local. These are the only 2 I never owned on vinyl and was looking forward to the most. At least I could still find the clears. Played Sound Dust last night. I think this is the one that has not aged nicely for me. :shrug:Cobra was the one that got a lot of flak in the press and whatnot, but that one has grown on me over the years. SD is the one that seems a little flat to me. The second half is a little too bland. The demos on the 3rd disc are the least inspiring of the bunch (and only on 1 side!). I will play it again though. I paid $27 at my local for them which I think is a ridiculously low price for a 3LP set so I won't complain much. And I do hope they fix my missing/extra order problem. I'd love to have the complete set of the OBI versions.

Very much looking forward to listening Margerine tonight as I have always always loved that one. And Instant O. I think that was the right thing to add that on the 3rd disc.

Devilscucumber likes this.
  22. rancher

rancher Unmade Bed

My fave is Double Rocker - have they played it on this new tour?

GordonM likes this.
  23. GordonM

GordonM Forum Resident

rancher and Echoes Myron like this.
  24. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

Just echoing what everyone else is saying about Margarine Eclipse. Just a great album and a great-sounding pressing! I had never listened to this one prior to ordering the clear set, so this is a very pleasant surprise.

25. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Listening to side B of Sound-Dust right now for the first time on vinyl, and for me this is one of those rare records whose beauty and intricacy is really revealed with the format. I'm hearing things that I never noticed on the original CD or on streaming versions. Such a delight. They really outdid themselves on these reissues!