The SugarCube Is Here At Last...Clicks & Pops R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by DigMyGroove, Nov 12, 2017.

1. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Man, I'm getting really anxious to get my hands on my SC 1 plus. I'm chompin' at the bit!!!

r.Din and Hogues like this.
  2. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

My SC-1 mini unit updated overnight to SugarCube 2.0-1027-g20d8d1f9-20191203-0225-prod software version.
    Now I have permanently lighted up display with "System Failed. Call Support." message.
    Unit actually works, and can be controlled with apps just fine. Weird. I contacted support.

3. r.Din

r.Din Seeker of Truth

Factory reset and then update again?

4. Old Zorki II

Cannot find where is factory reset option... My app right drop down menu no longer work - asks for pairing, shich is given the state of display is not possible )).

5. Old Zorki II

BTW, I found the procedure on this thread to reset, but it is for SC-1 unit with back pairing button... I will wait for an answer from guys at Sweetvinyl.
    The weird thing is that unit actually works and removes clicks!

6. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I have a Mini too so I'll turn it on later today and get it to update and see if the same thing happens.

7. Old Zorki II

Update actually changed a little Web interface and now there is an open option to reroute output to external DAC, which is an excellent news.
    But something needs to be fixed )).

8. SweetVinyl

SweetVinyl Forum Resident

If this is Mikhail - we sent you an email on factory reset - please respond when you can and also email status and your S/N when you contact us as you did. There is occasionally a bug that affects the display only on a few units - and we will get this resolved.

Old Zorki II likes this.
  9. SweetVinyl

Mikhail, we know the bug and will need to push an update today with a fix- likely to be 1028 or later version - but appears to affect units where display options were changed if you can confirm that with us via email. You may want to wait to do a factory reset until we get the update done as it will likely come up with the same display error.

Old Zorki II likes this.
  10. Old Zorki II

Thank you so much, I got email, reset and everything now works as it was prior to update. Will wait for future updates, hopefully everything will be fine...
    Will go on a trip tomorrow, will be back in 2 weeks and check it )).

11. Old Zorki II

BTW, system now updated to latest version like a charm, no issues!
    Will test digital out in 2 weeks ))

12. Hogues

Hogues Forum Resident

Man, I really hate checking this thread. The wait is killing me!

Ben Adams and Strat-Mangler like this.
  13. SweetVinyl

We pushed on a new build to SC-1 Minis - SugarCube 2.0-1028 should now load to units. It should resolve any display failure issues, but if your unit has this please contact us and we will provide factory reset information and make sure you are back and running.

14. SweetVinyl

Marbles Mike caught an error that we tracked down so that the SC-Mini first units shipped without receiving an update before shipping. We fixed and had a slight issue on the displays of a few units - all units should now update t0 2.0-1028. Also there are improvements inline with the SC-1 and SC-2 2.0 versions that have been rolling out with the click and pop algorithm - so any critical listening sessions should reference this latest build.

marblesmike likes this.
  15. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Thanks, Dan...

Any updates on the SC-1 Plus units...?

(Couldn't resist the chance to ask...!) :D

- Kevin

16. SweetVinyl

Hi Kevin,

We just sent an update - let us know if you have any questions.

17. Dane Argentini

Dane Argentini Forum Resident

Just installed the new update on my Mini and the process was quick and easy. Thanks Dan.

18. r.Din

r.Din Seeker of Truth

"Consequently our ability to get the SC-1 Plus board in production has slipped – Our goal is to be shipping sometime in January "

Booooooooooooooooooooooo! Just kidding. Sort of. Better to ship when ready, and will be worth the wait.

19. vinyldoneright

vinyldoneright pbthal

Wow, must be nice to get an update, reset and immediately get another update..I wonder what that feels like

20. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Just got the newest update on my Mini. No issues here.

21. 926am

926am Senior Member

Still waiting for my update. Was hoping it would have happened by now. I just purchased the new Floating Points lp which has some pretty glitchy electronic sounds. May have to listen to it in bypass mode. Honestly, even with the update not sure the sugarcube wouldn't mistake some of the electronic sounds for pops...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  22. Phil Thien

Phil Thien Forum Resident

Feature suggestion for a future update: Reporting of amount of noise compensation required. So the web interface could show the current setting of the control on the front panel, and also provide a numerical representation of how much noise reduction is required at that setting. The web interface would also have a reset button to reset the value.

This could evolve into a standard way for people trading in spendy vinyl to communicate about condition.

Just a thought.

23. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Sounds simple but trust me when I say something like this would be extremely complex to implement.

24. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Deleted some back & forth commentary-- please keep the personal comments to Private Messages ("Conversations").

- Kevin

Old Zorki II and Strat-Mangler like this.
  25. keiron99

keiron99 Forum Resident

What's the hold up with rolling out v2 software to those of us with existing SC1 units?

926am likes this.