Needing Measurement from a Michell Arm Board

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Helom, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helom

Helom Forum member Thread Starter

Can anyone here provide me a measurement for the bolt pattern where the Michell arm boards attach to their turntables? Specifically, I'm looking for the length between the bolt holes, center-to-center.

I recently bought a Jelco arm for my Thorens but I'd like to be able to use it with my AS Wow XL if the desire ever strikes. There are some Michell-to-Jelco arm boards available on ebay that I believe might work for me but the guy doesn't seem to keen on helping me figure this out and has trouble understanding my question. The arm board currently on my table has a 1.5" bolt spacing. That's what I'm hoping the Michells are.

2. blakep

blakep Senior Member

I have a Michell Jelco armboard here that I'd be happy to sell you but it is not even close to 1.5" bolt spacing in terms of where the armboard attaches to the chassis (or sub-chassis if you have an older plinthed Gyro as I do).

The Michell armboards are 4 7/16" inches in diameter and the bolt spacing between the 3 mounting holes is 3 7/16".
    I have the 6 holed Jelco board (to achieve different mounting distances for the Jelco arms on the Gyro, primarily 214 and 210 mm and I think you can also achieve around 217-218 mm as well with different arms that have a Linn mount) and those (6) holes are about 15/16" apart.

The central hole for arm pillar is about 1 6/16".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  3. Helom

Thanks! Exactly what I needed to know but bummed that it's nowhere close to what I need. Guess I'll have to break down and buy the expensive one from the AS distributor. :cry:

4. blakep

blakep Senior Member

No problem. Just curious. How much do they want for the AS armboard?

5. Helom

I saw it listed somewhere for $250. I could probably have one made locally for less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.