Ordering vinyl from Amazon UK to states

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by thetman, Dec 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thetman

thetman Forum Resident Thread Starter

has anyone ever ordered vinyl shipped from amazon Uk to the states? I know even in the states their packaging can be iffy at times. Not sure if they take extra care in packaging vinyl for overseas orders. i know order single cds from them it just comes in a heavy cardboard sleeve. But the new police cd box set was packaged nicely.

2. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Most of my LP's come double boxed...meaning an Amazon LP holder inside a larger, Some people just get it in the LP holder.

i haven't received just an LP holder since 2012, I did notice that the cardboard used on the LP holder has gotten flimsier in the last year.

So it varies. But so far no damage.

3. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

make sure you check the "gift" option (even if its to your own address) on any Amazon site which ensures they come properly boxed. I never had any issues with the records so far except for one or two lost packages over the past year or so, ymmv.

Antenociticus and GentleSenator like this.
  4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i'll have to remember to do that next time. every single time i've ordered from amazon uk the boxes arrived looking like they were run over by a truck.

5. thetman

correct- learned that even ordering from US amazon. well maybe I'll give it a shot to see how it works out. suppose if damaged have to send it back t the UK

Antenociticus likes this.
  6. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I order LPs from Amazon UK a couple of times a year. Sometimes the prices are a lot cheaper on an album from them versus any US supplier, even with the extra shipping.

I've gotten great service and even though the packaging often looks pretty sketchy, I've never had a problem with damaged albums. I like the gift option, though. I hadn't thought of that.

7. Antenociticus

Antenociticus Forum Resident

I've had mixed results buying vinyl and box sets from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de.
    Obviously I only make purchases whe it makes economic sense, thanks to the Brexit effect on the $ to quid rate as well as the VAT reduction, I've been doing it more frequently recently.
    They tend to use some rather obscure shipping companies - especially for heavy box sets: tracking becomes a little opaque.
    Packaging is a crapshoot: I once recieved an empty cardboard sleeve that supposedly contained the Rolling Stones Stripped . When I informed Amazon.co.uk they hot-shotted a replacement to me within two days.
    The suggestion regarding gift packaging makes a lot of sense - I think I'll give that a go next time.

8. thetman

well lately ordering vinyl from Amazon US its jut showing up in a padded envelope, no more cardboard. I'm very hesitant to order any vinyl overseas. I've sent three copies of Scorpions love at first sting back this week. they keep sending it in the same envelope and each time the jacket is all bent. I try to order other things with the vinyl just so the item will be in some type of box- but to no avail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.