2019 Beatles UK Singles boxed set (Was: "Beatles Mystery Boxed Set")*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Monasmee, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yep, agreed that this video was probably in the works before Fremer’s review. Still, Fremer’s review probably hurt sales in some circles.

2. Delivered As Is

Delivered As Is Well-Known Member

Anyone know of online deals for a box set they’d like to share?
    I missed out on the udiscover deal a few weeks ago.

fishcane likes this.
  3. Henrik Jutbring

Henrik Jutbring Forum Resident

Or maybe the actual sound quality negatively impacted sales, independent of Fremer’s opinions?

4. Do you men people returning sets after they actually listened to them, or just not buying them after reading negative reviews?

5. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Does anyone know if the World Record 62-70 singles collection from 76 is in mono?

6. jordevi

jordevi Forum Resident

Turns out, it was an actual typeface. Here is your version 1.5 modified with the text redrawn. I haven't been able to enhance the odeon logo, but I might try that later.

Imgur

BeatleJWOL and Exotiki like this.
  7. Henrik Jutbring

Henrik Jutbring Forum Resident

The former. Or people refrain from buying the box after listening with friends.

8. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member

Interesting that Mr Magee suggests that the original She Loves You single does not suffer the level drop, indicating it was repaired or edited later. I’ve always thought the same, it is difficult to hear those edits on the original UK single.

9. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Woah! Great job dude! :righton:

If you could send me some 7” 300 dpi project files for the text I would gladly add it to the other fixes I am making for the definitive version 2.0

:cool:

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  10. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

I don't own an original UK 45, but I have a needledrop of what I thought was one, and the edits are as clear as ever. Does anyone have both the original -1N and later -2 cuts to compare?

11. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Faff - I like that word!

Tommyboy, CraigBic and Exotiki like this.
  12. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Be it one thing or the other (or neither), I don't think that video was made as "damage control", because they made similar videos for the most recent projects.

13. Exotiki

Yes, even though you can’t describe it. When you put it in a sentence everyone knows what you mean. It’s good

CraigBic and chacha like this.
  14. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

I can't hear the changes at "pride can hurt you too" on the -1N, but it's easy to hear on the -2. My needledrops aren't really up to snuff or I'd post some samples.

Exotiki likes this.
  15. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Yeah, I promptly deleted my post. Thanks!

lukpac likes this.
  16. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Someone just sent me a needledrop from their -1N pressing. The edit points don't stick out quite as much as on some releases, but they are definitely all there, complete with EQ changes. The "pride can hurt you too" section is the most obvious, but the other edits are definitely present too.

I suppose it's possible there was some degradation at some of the edit points over time, but they edits have definitely been there from day one.

Tommyboy and John Hatter like this.
  17. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I was just imagining if the 1963 Fabs were transported in time and dropped in here and observed the obsession over the minutia. They’d be in hysterics.

18. Exotiki

So compared to the 2014 mono masters which is to date the most damaged she loves you, where there are a complete dropout and tape stretch. How bad on a scale of 1 to 10 is the 1n compared to the 2014 as a 10

19. None of them would care. Certainly not Lennon Maybe a young Macca but probably he’d laugh too.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  20. Exotiki

Oh no i just remembered

John: This lot is so daft, Records are records: What the hell are you all on about. I got to go tell Eppie!

Me: Oh... yeah about brian :oops:

21. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Bet George Martin would be giving a "I told you so" grin!

googlymoogly and Exotiki like this.
  22. A well respected man

I think Lennon liked to give that impression, but actually he cared for The Beatles and the way they were perceived. Sometimes he trashed them on the press when he wanted to send a message, but he was very protective when someone else did.

23. Sure but these one second various mastering difference or a .5 second pre fade crap...he'd laugh at it all..

Exotiki likes this.
  24. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

There are probably less than 300 people in the world who care about this minutae. And 250 of them are on this forum!

25. A well respected man

Probably, but deep down he would be proud people would love so much the music he created with his pals.

Billy Budapest and Exotiki like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.