New Survivor ' Island of the Idols '

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Wildest cat from montana, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Don't forget that Probst IS a producer on the show, and that he had a failed talk show a few years ago. At least some former "Oprah" people were involved in it, and I think we're seeing that talk show influence creeping in. This is bad and a waste of time. What's next, Jeff, discussing the 2020 elections at tribal? Pft.

Dan

2. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

If you think that was something, ya gotta watch his apology video up on social media. The crocodile tears are everything.

3. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I'll take your word for it. :sigh:

4. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

There must be only 3 or so episodes left before the finale so what say you all? Thoughts on who's gonna win? I'm sticking with my pick from the first couple of episodes - Tommy. His confessionals just seem to be those of a winner. Plus, my picks for final 3 - Tommy, Dean and Noura/Lauren (not sure which) indicates a vote for least objectionable.

5. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i hate to say this, but i think karishma makes to the final 3,,,,they all seem to think she is the perfect goat, which she is, unless the jury decides to make her the winner, which would end my watching of survivor forever.

i like the swimmer, but she has consistently sided with all the wrong people, and probably will go this week.

6. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

somehow i see Janet sliding by and making it to the end....which would be a fitting end to possibly the worst season ever

7. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

Final three , eh?
    Tommy ,Lauren and Elaine with Elaine winning.

8. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

While we wait for tonight's ep, here's some Survivor news that sort of ties into the whole Dan debacle. Silas Gaither, from Survivor:Africa (3rd season) was arrested in Tennessee on a rape charge first filed a year ago. I remember that season being particularly loathsome with the younger players running roughshod over the older ones.

9. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

And here's Silas getting what he deserved:

10. Wildest cat from montana

Either this thread is too boring or the season itself is. Maybe a combination of the two. ...
    But , God , this is one dull season of this show .

Humbuster and JohnBeas like this.
  11. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Yeah, I gotta agree with you there. I guessed Elizabeth was a goner and this week I'm gonna guess maybe Dan or Janet. Karishma, on the other hand, could be a real dark horse. And that's just sad.

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

tonight the always boring as **** 'visit from home". they will spend 20 minutes of the show on this drivel. the only positive about it is that we most likely won't have to see rob and sandra.

13. Wildest cat from montana

Maybe Sandra and Boston Rob' s loved ones will also make an appearance. Wouldn' t that be fab ?

14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

:doh:

15. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I think it is a reflection on the course this show has taken over the years. I don't watch mindless TV to receive direct scripted preaching. I watch to escape that.

Also tired of the constant recycling of previous players. I'm down to only watching one "season" a year because the other is often recycled cast. I wasn't going to watch this season until I learned that the returning players weren't playing. They really are a waste of air time this season. It will piss me off if Rob and Sandra get a vote or some other power at the end.

There is little fun to discuss when the episodes feel like a grind.

16. Trace

Trace Senior Member

Thank God for DVR & Fast Forward. I seem to be blowing thru this season's episodes in about 15-20 minutes after I forward thru the preaching and other nonsensical BS.

I'm still watching, though, so there's that!

17. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Ambuh.

18. Wildest cat from montana

Sometimes I' m unable to watch the show on first airing and have to resort to an ' On Demand ' tv-service we have in Canada.
    The show is available a day or two after the first airing but fast forwarding is not an option.

19. John54

John54 Senior Member

Well, Rob's loved one is Amber Brkich so yeah, that would be fab!

GlamorProfession likes this.
  20. Trace

Trace Senior Member

The only shows I watch live are the Evening News and Sporting Events. Everything else is on DVR so I can fast forward. In my case, $6.95/month for the DVR is money well spent!

21. Wildest cat from montana

Who's going tonight?
    ( the sound of blowing wind....tumbleweeds rolling by....more wind sounds)

22. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I'd like it to be Karishma but also wouldn't put it past the producers to put her in touch with yet another idol, this time courtesy of Rob & Sandra. So, I'm gonna say either Dan or Janet. Getting back to Karishma, I find it interesting that she's been so vocal about not being told what to do by others yet is in an arranged marriage that she's both expressed apprehension about then in the last few episodes, says she's appreciative of it. Editing is all over the map with her.

23. Wildest cat from montana

I've lost track of who has hidden immunity idols.
    Krishna has one and so does Elaine, right? And Lauren too.
    And Dean has what he thinks is a fake advantage and he has made a copy of it for God knows what reason but I guess we'll find out.

24. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Karishma and Lauren both played their idols on the last episode as did Dean with his forgery of the fake legacy paper that Jamal "gifted" him which means he still has the original fake. Yeah, stupid and confusing. I think Elaine has something but forget what it is at the moment. That may be it as far as current idols are concerned. IIRC, the idols doled out by R&S tended to have time restrictions but again, I'm fuzzy on Elaine's.

25. Wildest cat from montana

Oh , sweet Jesus! This illustrates how disconnected I am with this particular season---I forgot that last week I only watched the first half hour of the show and missed Tribal Council.Thanks for filling me in .

Manapua likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.