Vinyl shopping in Barcelona

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Noise Annoys, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noise Annoys

Noise Annoys Forum Resident Thread Starter

Recommendations would be greatly appreciated (main areas of interest: '60s, soul, jazz, indie)

Gracias.

2. Noise Annoys

Noise Annoys Forum Resident Thread Starter

Nada?

I'll need something to do while dodging all the pro-independence demonstrations...

3. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

I did some buying there in 1991-1992, most of the stores had gone all-CD, the vinyl dealers were mostly small shop owners with a garage door and no heat, but winters there are pretty mild. The swap meet was pretty frenzied, more than a few dealers will be more flexible on price if you can negotiate/argue in Catalan.

Noise Annoys likes this.
  4. albelTW

albelTW Go beyond

The only place I can think of is Casa Beethoven at the beginning of La Rambla. It has a fair amount of vinyls, mainly Classical Music ones, but if I remember correctly it sells jazz ones also.
    I liked the shop a lot and paid a visit almost every day during my 5-days stay 2 years ago. Definitely worth a visit in my opinion.

Noise Annoys likes this.
  5. Jamesharvard52

Jamesharvard52 Member

The Barcelona vinyl is the best guys. But there are also some places where the vinyl is more good.

6. I was just in Barcelona and a little disappointed in my findings. Madrid was much better. Avoid Edison at all costs—it’s a hoarder’s nightmare.

7. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Not much in Barcelona. Too many dealers there now. Cool city though. Go there under a full moon.

Bill Why Man likes this.
  8. Agreed. The beach area is beautiful.

9. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I found a few interesting things at the flea market, and there was at least one pretty good store in the Gothic District. Probably the coolest record I found was a 7" EP of Sandie Shaw singing her hits in Spanish.

But I will agree that Barcelona is not one of Europe's best locations for vinyl fiends, and Spanish pressings are not known for being especially good.

It's still an amazing city with terrific energy and some outstanding architecture. I especially loved all of the outdoor restaurants that come alive late at night.

Bill Why Man likes this.
  10. roxy17 likes this.
  11. roxy17

roxy17 Well-Known Member

Being in Barcelona on Oct. 2020, i found most interesting a small record shop “Revolver Records” (as in previous message mentioned), with a lot of vinyl and cd records (Carrel Dels Tallers str. - La Rambla, very close to Plaza De Catalunya). Also fnac shops around Barcelona, have dome good offers (sometimes).

12. Johnny Ryall

Johnny Ryall Forum Resident

You were there in future???

13. roxy17

roxy17 Well-Known Member

Opps, so sorry, mistaken 2020, instead of "Being in Barcelona on Oct. 2018''!

Johnny Ryall likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.