Blue Note Store Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kaloman, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

My order arrived today in Los Angeles, I've just listened to Lee Morgan's Cornbread and the first side of Gil Evans' New Bottle Old Wine. So far so good, the sonics on the Evans LP are particularly outstanding.

2. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Havent seen anything yet

3. DigMyGroove

Two out of my eight LP order had scratches on one side. I emailed Bluenote and they responded the next day asking for photos of the damaged areas which I’ve now sent. Looks like their practice us to send replacements, not certain yet that they require a return of the defective records. Will report back on the final resolution.

hutlock likes this.
  4. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

No shipping notification, here.

5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Just curious: were they Tone Poets or BN80 titles?

6. DigMyGroove

Tone Poets, the Turrentine and Gil Evans LPs.

hutlock likes this.
  7. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

Also no notification, hmm, wonder what the hold up is...

8. hutlock

That is strange. Mine arrived within a few days of ordering, although my T-shirt hasn’t shipped yet. Maybe I just got in early enough to avoid the crowd?

9. sjmin209

sjmin209 Forum Resident

I got my records today, ten days after ordering. I also ordered a shirt, which also has not arrived. The tracking indicates that it's in pre-shipment--in the Netherlands.

10. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

That makes perfect sense.

11. DigMyGroove

I received a reply from the same Blue Note customer service rep who replied to my first note. After reviewing the photos of the damage they are posting me replacements, no need to return the scratched copies. She did note that the Stanley Turrentine Hustlin' LP was out of stock at the warehouse so that might be delayed a bit. A very positive customer service experience!

Dignan2000, hutlock and Juggsnelson like this.
  12. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

I emailed about my music order(the recent Art Blakey Live BN80 as well as a Grant Green) and they said they’re waiting for more from their supplier. My t-shirt, which I ordered separately, seems to be en route.

13. hutlock

My Hank Mobley shirt showed up just now. It’s really a nice quality print, looks better than I thought it would from the online pics.

14. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

15. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

If you don’t mind me asking, how large/small/tight do their sizes run? I’m weird I that some shirts large is perfect and an XL would be too big and baggy, but other shirts an XL is perfect and the L would be too tight.

16. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

I did some of the 30% off when it was 1st announced. Just HAD to go back and pre-order the TP's and get a few more BN80's. This will certainly be "The Roaring 20's" coming up for me!!!!!

hutlock likes this.
  17. hutlock

I got an XL and it is a little snug. Not quite a “slim fit” cut but also not a big roomy one either, so I would say just about true to size, maybe a tiny bit on the small side but not much. It’s a Gildan shirt if that helps.

recstar24 likes this.
  18. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Ha

MisterBritt likes this.
  19. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

awesome. I’ll also safely assume you’ve got the standard dad bod body type that i possess as well :)

hutlock likes this.
  20. hutlock

Absolutely correct!

recstar24 likes this.
  21. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I still havent received any albums. Pretty jacked up service BN.

RobCos02330 likes this.
  22. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I went ahead an canceled my order.

23. hutlock

Did either of you have pre-order stuff on there? It said on checkout when I ordered that the entire order would be held until the pre-order stuff was ready (in other words, they are only willing to ship complete).

24. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Id have to look. Im still trusting they will fulfill the order so Im not crazy stressed about.

But I do think its a bit uncool that they take your money without a product on hand.

Yes, its a good deal and I appreciate that. But still...they definitely lost my business as far as buying directly.

25. hutlock

I hear that. I don’t think I would order from them without the giant discounts anyway myself. It isn’t like they are some indie label that will benefit greatly from my direct business, you know? I’d just as soon order their stuff from whoever gives me the best deal. They are getting paid regardless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.