Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Ooh, nice! Thanks for the added info mate! :tiphat:

imarcq, Jimijam, floyd and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

:tiphat:

3. latheofheaven

That made the difference and I went back and shagged it! :D

imarcq, Jimijam and aoxomoxoa like this.
  4. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

Me too lathe.. I went over to real gone music and searched it there’s a bit of information on it over there.

latheofheaven likes this.
  5. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Shawn, JorgeGvb, Radio and 10 others like this.
  6. A wonderful deal. Hopefully this is also being posted in Beatle threads too.

But it's kind of like seeing a favorite album in the cutout bins. I actually already have it from iTunes (as well as the expanded version in paper), but I got it again, just because most of my ebooks are from Amazon, so I'm more used to the Kindle app, if that makes sense.

7. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

The deal is long over now, but my Amazon Warehouse Beatles White Album 4LP set finally showed up.

This thing was definitely a return...wrapping was off, the box taped back together and Amazon just slapped a big mailing label on it and shipped it that way. Amazingly the LP's look intact and even the box doesn't look all the bad. Has that "burned in" look so now I don't have to worry about guilt from scuffing it myself. :)

8. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

Now I feel a little guilty. I bought right after your initial post and it showed up in an unopened outer box with the inner box still shrink wrapped. Obviously too many in the warehouse. However, I would like to thank you again for giving us the heads up!

9. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

All good...mine was still a bargain and a half. :)

latheofheaven, Jimijam and J Luc like this.
  10. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

Yes as long as your LPs and inserts are fine it’s still a great bargain I’d like to thank you as well.

J Luc, latheofheaven and Gaslight like this.
  11. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

One of my favorite scores.

Too bad I didn't know about this Kevin Gray-mastered RTI-pressed version 2 weeks ago when it was $8.13!!!! :faint:

latheofheaven likes this.
  12. latheofheaven

Still, a pretty good deal at $13.xx. Mine just came today in a nice BIG box, and the deliverer was kind enough to put it on the only tiny dry place on the porch, thank Goodness! And, you all KNOW how brutal the weather is here in southern California. I mean, it actually was WET today, and the temperature got down to at least a very frigid 60 degrees or so. BRRRRRrrrr...! Those pampered wussies like @Jerry who have it easy on the East Coast just don't have a clue as to what we hafta go though! [​IMG]

I VERY rarely go for soundtracks, but after going through the songs on Amazon, I was quite surprised that I really liked it! Of course, the title theme is one of those extremely rare songs (at least to me) where it's simplicity, mood, and just bloody perfection really stands out as eternally timeless... I found that same mood carried throughout with most of the rest of the album (as well as the film itself, thus adding to it's appeal)

Jimijam and jasonsouza77 like this.
  13. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

If you liked that type of music Thomas Newman created, listen to the Erin Brokovich score. More of the same strange and great stuff.

I also love his symphonic stuff (Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, etc.).

Jimijam, ispace and latheofheaven like this.
  14. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

black sheriff, SJP, JasonA and 4 others like this.
  15. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

SJP and Greenalishi like this.
  16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I stared at the Physical Graffiti warehouse deal for a moment. Decided to pass but recall it was in VG condition. In warehouse speak, that could mean beat to heck or more likely, a new & sealed return.

As I look at my shelf with the boxes for IV, Holy and Coda, I probably should have got this. Hope it went to a good SHF home!

latheofheaven and Greenalishi like this.
  17. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

I already have this set- but curious to those that bought this set recently- was it advertised as a return that you were buying?

hobbes4444 and Greenalishi like this.
  18. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

IIRC they don’t identify what the source is. Could be a return, overstock, whatever—you just pay your money and take your chances.

Gaslight and latheofheaven like this.
  19. latheofheaven

Kinda like a night out with aomoxomoa...

20. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Yes but I clearly advertise that I have shelf wear.

21. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

interesting. Thanks for the info

hutlock likes this.
  22. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Now the Amazon Warehouse is selling two "used" Beatles White Album 4LP sets for $34.32 each, but the following text is in the condition section: "Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired." And one of them also says "Item not in the original case."

23. Tim Crowley

Tim Crowley Forum Resident

Still a good deal!

24. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Re the Amazon Warehouse deals, it's also nice that they're returnable!!

25. latheofheaven

[​IMG]

aoxomoxoa likes this.