uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

I have had my eye on it for awhile but it has always been around $30 here in the states. Interesting all the reviews say it is just as good as their first album and I guess the band was never happy with the sound on the first album and liked this more stripped down sound found here.

It is a steal at $13.99 especially since I don't have any of their music on vinyl.

hutlock likes this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i found out it's that damn band color vinyl 2xLP that's holding my order up, but like you said: the price for it is pretty unbeatable. here's hoping they'll actually be able to ship to us soon rather than bump us to their blanket "january 2020" date.

3. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

I figured that when I ordered it so I'm not upset it said preorder on the button.

4. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I had an estimated ship date of 12/5, and it shipped today, so not too bad. Just hope they get here undamaged.

5. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

The website is now showing Blue Note Tone Poet and BN 80 series releases for January available for pre-order; the discounts seem to apply.

The weirdness with certain BN Tone Poets triggering shipping charges don't seem to be happening with the January titles.

Art Blakey Buhaina's Delight is listed at $199.99 though, which is bizarre. Gotta be a mistake..

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

but you can get 30% off!

7. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Well, I just placed an order and got the discount..

EDIT: I included Turrentine Comin Your Way, Mobley Poppin , and Pete LaRoca Basra in my order, and the discount worked for all three

hutlock likes this.
  8. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

OK maybe I need new glasses.
    I read this as CAN'T get 30% off. Doh.
    Yeah, I thought about 30% off, then possibly another 20% but $100 is still too rich for the Blakey...
    I have a message into their customer service RE the apparent pricing mistake. We'll see if anything comes of it

GentleSenator likes this.
  9. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Apparently you can't get free shipping on the "free" titles, even if you surpass the $50 threshold.
    Got a pretty good haul:
    [​IMG]

10. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Well, it says there's $10.64 shipping, but it's not reflected in the total. You may want to proceed further down the checkout process and see what the total is on the final review page. If the total on that final page is without shipping added, screenshot it and save it and if you place your order and they add shipping later, you have an argument for not paying more than the total that was stated.

Seems more like a system error than an intentional effort to charge shipping.

11. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

When I had three of the "free" titles added, they wanted to charge me $30 shipping whether I was over $50 or not. Who knows.

12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I contacted them about this apparent pricing mistake, finally heard back today. They said "we do not understand your question; please clarify." So I went back to the uDiscover website, and price for Buhaina's Delight is now listed as $19.99.

Since this is a common list price for titles in the BN75 series, I checked the description to see if that is what it was, but it's listed as a pre-order for the upcoming BN 80 reissue, currently on sale for about $14. Next, I went to the Blue Note website, where it's also listed at $19.99! It is the only BN80 listed at $19.99, including the other January titles. All the other single lp titles in the series are priced at the standard list of $24.98. Go figure..

Anyway, $14 for the pre-order is a nice price, so I went ahead and put together another order. Not worth my time trying to figure out what's going on with this, but no matter, it works for me!

*EDIT* Super weird, it is now $24.98 on the Blue Note site, and I had checked just minutes ago and it was $19.98. (As I type this, the price of $19.98 still shows when you "mouse over" the title in the page view of multiple titles. Now going to check on the uDiscover site...it is still $19.98 there (for now anyway..)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  13. putz

putz Forum Resident

Placed an order on 11-30, supposed to ship on 12-3. Sent them a follow up since no notice of shipping. Received this reply:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, your order has been delayed arriving at our warehouse, and we now expect it to ship in January 2020. I'm so sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment caused! Once your order ships, we'll send you another email with a link to tracking information.

I ordered Beatles Singles and Nirvana Unplugged which I'm pretty sure other members here ordered and received. Annoying to say the least.

14. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I got the same message. I've already been charged for my order around the same time.

It is annoying, but given the great prices, I'm willing to try to be patient. There's also the weird glitches with their website that I detailed above.

Many of the items in my currently outstanding orders are pre-orders. But one is an lp that they had in stock when I ordered and is now "sold out". I have the sneaking suspicion they did not set a copy of that item aside for me, and that I will never get it. If that happens, I'll certainly register my displeasure. But at the end of the day, if I get the majority of my orders filled, I'll be OK with it. Modern corporate America is what it is. I don't like it but I can't change it. I'm the kind of person that will put up with quite a bit to get rock bottom prices on things. I've learned that about myself..

15. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

“Second” Christmas in January!!

:righton:

hutlock likes this.
  16. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

So what's the deal with the free records? You get free shipping too. You can order an unlimited amount of them?

I'm working on an order right now and still allowing me to place multiple of the free items in my cart.

17. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I believe that adding any of the free records to your cart cancels the free shipping. At least that was my experience.

18. aoxomoxoa

That does seem to be the case. So I passed on the free albums.

but now it's telling me I can only use the 20% extra coupon code one time. So I guess I'm only placing one order this time

19. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Here's another 20% off code: SURVEY20

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  20. aoxomoxoa

careful it only works once. I left something off my order and decided to place another one and it wouldn't let me use it again

21. JHC3

JHC3 Senior Member

As for that code, cart contents have to be less than $150.

hutlock and GentleSenator like this.
  22. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I have no idea when to expect my order to ship. One item, the Zappa Over-Night Sensation album was a "pre-order," though there was no release date issued so I suspect it's awaiting a re-press. I can't find any information on when it's supposed to become available.

23. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Update: My items arrived yesterday well packed in a proper LP mailer in less than a week from the date it shipped via UPS - no complaints here!

24. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

I inquired with customer service on my order delay. Was supposed to ship 12/3 but they say there's a production delay on Zappa Ruben and the Jets, so yeah maybe they're repressing some of the old Zappa BG cuts. Might need to jettison that one to get the wax moving my way.

25. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

I don't understand your post, I wrote earlier in this thread about the shipping not actually being included in your "total" even though it shows under the subtotal. You did get free shipping...