uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I don't see any of the free records that he's referring to listed on his order summary. I'm assuming he removed them, that's why the shipping is now free.

2. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Correct, I realize that I did get free shipping despite the shipping charge showing up there. Though when I did have a few of the "free" records in my cart, the shipping charges were not removed in the final total.

3. floyd

floyd Senior Member

They sent me a email today saying - Today only free shipping + 30% off with code: freeship but haven't they been running that for at least a month? It says ends at 11:59 tonight.
    I wonder if it just a way to get free shipping if your order is less than $50 since it does not say anything about the $50 minimum order.

4. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Yep, no minimum purchase apparently.

5. SJTM

SJTM Well-Known Member

Received a coupon code for filling out online survey "SURVEY20". Stacked on top of current 30% discount with another 20% off. Bought Sgt Peppers Super Deluxe 6 CD/BluRay set for $84. Free shipping. Great deal.

6. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Their checkout is really frustrating. I have an order in and it keeps adding shipping. Reading a post above it says although it shows up on the check out you don't get charged but when I do the math I am getting charged for my shipping, I even take it to right when you click pay but the shipping is still reflected in the total. I have pulled items out and now I keep getting shipping charges. weird.

7. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Their ordering process (and site in general) is less than optimal - I'd even say inadequate. There are plenty of shopping carts that are easy to set-up and customize. I have no idea what they are using...something that was probably an afterthought though.

8. putz

putz Forum Resident

We are reaching out to you in regards to your order #xxxxx containing The Beatles' Singles Collection Box Set.

More units are on the way! Your order is looking like it will ship on or around January 24th. We understand that orders may be intended as holiday gifts and truly apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

I checked online and virtually everyone has this item in stock. Udiscover shows item ships on 1-10. Not going to cancel order since I'm in no rush but...

9. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

On page 2 of this thread, there are some details about how having certain Blue Note titles in your cart seems to trigger shipping charges.

floyd likes this.
  10. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I have an order in that contains The Band double vinyl of the self-titled album, I believe it is 45rpm. I ordered the colored vinyl version since the standard was sold out, besides it looked cool and with the sale the price was right. Now I see this item states it is a pre-order but nowhere do I see a due date for when this will be released, the black vinyl version appears to have been out at least a month. That is all fine, except it is part of a much larger order over $300 worth and the whole order is held up for this one item. I realize when you get free shipping this is part what you accept but at the same time $300 could reasonably quantify for a couple of shipments if the level of free shipping is $50 they could even break it into 6 shipments if needed (although there shouldn't be a need for that.) The other thing I worry about is what if other items in my order become unavailable in the time I am waiting for this one item to become available. If I end up missing out on items that become no longer available because they wait to ship they lost a lot of goodwill and trust I may have for them.

11. erbuan

erbuan Well-Known Member

Another thing I noticed......I put about 5 items in my cart but then left them in there without checking out and closed the browser. I then, about 30-60minutes later, got an email about "forgetting something" and the email gave me a code for another 20% off (which was on top of the 30% off). Just fyi

superstar19 likes this.
  12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Does anybody have a different 20% off code? It won't let me use the survey one again

13. erbuan

erbuan Well-Known Member

try "COMEBACK"

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  14. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

That worked!
    I thank you but my wallet curses you.

mrjinks likes this.
  15. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

When checking out from the UK site (which I do a lot) it's wanting to charge me ($70) for shipping when it's an order over $50 that supposed to include free shipping.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  16. International shipping from the UK site

They have a lot of nice stuff not available on the US site, but the shipping is a dealbreaker.

Davidmk5 and joelee like this.
  17. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I wouldn’t worry about that. I work in a business that ships from a warehouse—common practice is to pull everything and put it in a holding area until the full order is ready to ship for exactly that reason. We don’t sell records, but I’m pretty sure everyone does it that way for exactly this reason.

GentleSenator and floyd like this.
  18. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I had a full cart on that site & they wanted over $100 to ship it all , i walked ...bummed as they had more stuff i wanted .

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

get this: i tried to cancel the item that was in limbo from my order so i'd get the rest, and they e-mailed me back 24 hours later saying it was suddenly available and they could ship the whole thing to me if i'd like. it's the 2xLP band reissue, fwiw.

hutlock likes this.
  20. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Try the Canadian site — a lot of the same stuff from the UK but they will ship free to the US if you order enough.
    MusicVaultz

Davidmk5 and zphage like this.
  21. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

That is crazy they are essentially using our money on these orders for their business. I'm just glad to hear they have copies. I can wait until the new year as my order was small

22. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

thanks ! i had no idea that Existed ~ i'll take a look .

23. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Ordered Nov. 26 and still nothing. Not even shipped yet. Is this typical of UDiscover?

24. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Lots of us have gotten replies back from CS saying we are getting our packages in Jan

25. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

There's also this site from Canada: Shop | Umusic
    They ship free to the US for orders over $35 Canadian.

hutlock likes this.