Blue Note Store Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kaloman, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

No pre-order stuff. Just stuff they apparently oversold, maybe? Never did hear a peep from them, though... until I got my refund.

hutlock likes this.
  2. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

Same! I’m tempted to cancel myself. 30% off is nice but not if I’m waiting indefinitely into the new year.

3. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but Blue Note's 30% off deal has a delivery caveat. My 1st order arrived within 2 weeks as all LP's had already been released. My next order included some of the TP's that are not due for release till late January. I received my confirmation and noticed that all LP's are scheduled for shipping on Jan. 23. For me, that's OK as I have enough "new" music to get me thru the post Holiday weeks. But if someone is expecting multiple shipments as the LP's are released, they are going to be disappointed.

I posted this in other threads a few days ago. Sent a note off to BN asking if they would do a split shipment as some other competitors do. I received a short email with a resounding "No" from them. So it's OK. I am saving a lot of $$ and I can wait. But be careful in the future if ordering from them not to mix already released albums with pre-ordered ones.

hutlock and RobCos02330 like this.
  4. RobCos02330

Thanks for this! I requested a cancellation of my sale order as I was ordering current releases but this is good info nonetheless.

paulmock likes this.
  5. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

Wow! I'm glad I did post that here. Don't know how I missed this thread initially.

6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Exactly. Especially if they are handing out free shipping, they aren’t going to hand it out for two separate shipments. That’s just throwing extra money away for them.

7. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

@hutlock Now, I know it's "apples to potatoes" but...Target in their 3 for 2 sales did indeed utilize split-shipments more than once for me. They also offered free shipping. Now THAT is service!

hutlock likes this.
  8. jewelsnbinoculars

jewelsnbinoculars Forum Resident

I ordered stuff that had been out for a while (Green and Burrel Tone Poets). Said to ship on 12/9 - haven’t heard anything since. Wtf. These were Christmas gifts.

RobCos02330 likes this.
  9. RobCos02330

Same here. I cancelled yesterday and they responded quickly with the refund.

10. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I received my replacement copies of the two scratched LPs from my order Monday, only a week and a half from my contact to new copies delivered. Count me very satisfied with how my order was handled, excellent customer support!

paulmock likes this.
  11. floyd

floyd Senior Member

What gets me is that as long as I have waited and the fact that undiscover had a sale that significantly beat blue note stores sale I could have canceled the blue note store order and purchased all through udiscover and saved $25.

12. RobCos02330

After I cancelled my order at Blue Note yesterday, I jumped over to Acoustic Sounds and they’re already on the way as we speak. Not the same discount but better than waiting indefinitely.

Customer service at Blue Note was excellent in responding to my emails and cancellation. If not for the wait, it was an A plus experience.

13. bresna

bresna Senior Member

I'm getting a little ticked off here too. I could've cancelled my order and gotten a better deal at the uDiscover sale but I had already gotten an E-mail from them saying that my "order is expected to ship on December 4, 2019". Now, here I am, 16 days later and no LPs so clearly, they did not ship on December 4, 2019.

floyd likes this.
  14. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

Just placed an order with UDiscover for a few more LP's since they are also 30% off. It advertises free shipping over $50.00. My order came to $64.66 pre-tax and I got nailed with a 10.64 shipping fee! Am I missing something here? I did immediately send a complaint/question to them but am sure it will be some time before I get a response.

15. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Agreed! Yes, sadly by the time it became obvious that the titles I ordered at the Blue Note Store were going to be delayed into the unknown future, that then those items were sold-out at uDiscover. I don't mind so much waiting a bit longer (as I have lots of new purchases on the stack of items waiting to be listened to) but it is the fact on actually paying more (even though the BNS did have a good sale) than I could have, yet having to wait and not being informed of this fact.
    At first when I saw the better deal at uDiscover (about $5 less a record for Tone Poets than BNS's sale price) I considered canceling that order and just reordering but I figured, ahh they will soon be on there way and I will have them.

16. bresna

bresna Senior Member

So I wrote them and this is the BS response I got this morning:
    Due to a production delay, your order #BNRXXXX containing the Tina Brooks - Minor Move LP (Tone Poet Series) is now expected to ship in February. Our apologies for any inconvenience this causes. Feel free to respond to this email if you'd like to cancel any portion of your order.

Thanks for letting me know Blue Note. Oh wait, thank me for getting them to let me know. Great customer service here.

BTW - if I cancel that "Minor Move", my total drops below $100 and I lose free shipping. Just great, huh?

paulmock likes this.
  17. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I ordered a Grant Green LP and 2 Art Blakey Live LPs on Black Friday. Finally got shipping notice this week and they are scheduled for delivery today. Blue Note said the delay was one of the Art Blakey LPs was backordered. Hopefully, they were worth the wait!

paulmock likes this.
  18. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

As a proud owner of both volumes of the Art Blakey Live LP's, I guarantee you that you will not be sorry you ordered and waited for them!

hutlock and JorgeGvb like this.
  19. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Thanks Paul. It was a blind by for me, but I thought you cannot go wrong with anything by Art Blakey so I bought them both. Glad to hear you enjoyed them!

paulmock likes this.
  20. hutlock

I second @paulmock in saying that both Blakeys are excellent!!!

21. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

They let me know my 3 tone poets won't ship until February at best now...

paulmock likes this.
  22. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

This is ...amusing. Got an email saying my order is being processed and will ship soon. But the arrival date remains January 23rd! I am sure they are going crazy busy. Perhaps not ready for what the 30% off sale brought upon them?

23. hutlock

Oh for sure. I also think the fact that the Universal sale is going on too was a huge factor because these sales were both drawing from the same reserve of LPs. So really no wonder that a lot of them sold out and are awaiting new stock when you have two huge sales going at once.

paulmock likes this.
  24. floyd

floyd Senior Member

They are shipping me two Tone Poets of the five I ordered, rest should come in February. I would cancel the others but they seem out of stock elswhere

paulmock likes this.
  25. paulmock

paulmock Forum Resident

Hmmmm...so maybe after complaints, they are bending their "ship all at once" rule? If so, kudos to them. Please keep us posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.