Help, I need somebody. Advice for Digital or Analog upgrade

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MisterKite, Dec 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Which NHT? I don't see something like that. Frankly I think subwoofers should have at least a 12" cone to fill bigger spaces. I like the ones where there are multiple ports and you can plug one or both to adjust the sound to your taste and space.

How are you mounting the speakers? Can you get/make small shelves matching the heirloom cabinet? That would look nice, instead of just stuck up on the wall.

mmmm...what was the model of your receiver? I wonder if that has any adjustments.

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

There is, but there's a HUGE restocking fee. :D

Archguy, beowulf and MisterKite like this.
  3. MisterKite

MisterKite Well-Known Member Thread Starter

It's the NHT 10" SS - I am running 1 8" sub and it is plenty for this space. I'd imagine using the BASH amp on this - its a steal. It uses the same amp as the ELAC sub.

And - my wife wanted them wall mounted because of space constraints. There are existing shelves to the right of the TV and I suggested that putting matching ones on the other side - and there wasn't enough space to make it evenly spaced/visually appealing. But - that was a terrific idea - but one that has been shot down before. So I obviously compromised there. And the rears are there because thats the only way they could be. End of story. She's a decor freak/OCD. If it's not appealing to the eye - then its a NO. I am surprised I talked her into 5.1 at all tbh.[​IMG]

4. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Hmm, speaking of which, consider that ELAC sub. Adjustable from a phone app, since I'm pretty sure your Yamaha doesn't have any correction capability. I've never heard the ELAC sub myself, just handy how it has some correction capability for not huge money.

5. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

I didn't want to the the one to suggest it... :shh:

MisterKite likes this.
  6. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Not to mention the expensive restocking fee once the attorneys are done.

MisterKite likes this.
  7. MisterKite

That's a good point, but the spec/value ratio is great for this model. I will look into ELAC a bit further. I just love my b6s. I think any audiophile entry level or not should own some. They really do impress. And I usually go against the grain with audiophile magazine recommended items, but it really really does punch above its weight.

I f i could have afforded it, i would have probably done b4s and a sub. But they are also rear ported.

8. llama

llama Forum Resident

We are running a similar 2 channel setup. Uturn custom>NAD1300 pre>parasound Hca1000a>elac debut 6.2. I’m pretty darn happy. You need to spend a bit of scratch to get a significant upgrade in my opinion. I’d work on the other system. Replace the HTIB stuff.

MisterKite likes this.
  9. MisterKite

I agree. And that requires way more space. Just trying to decide if the specs on the nht sub are best bang for the buck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.