tower.com 35% off Thursday Jan 18

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ubsman, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Yep. 32.5 % off. Tower's not too good at math. That false 35% claim could be used against them in a court of law. ;)

2. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

The elusive discount

Could someone duplicate this error for me?

Go to Tower's home page, and search for "bob dylan." You should receive "Results 1 - 30 of 357 for bob dylan." The third item is "Essential Bob Dylan" at $17.99. Click on it, and the price increases to $19.49.

Is this happening to you?

3. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

I only got 10% with the coupon. What's all this talk of 35%?

:confused:

4. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Yes ... what's the diff between the third item "Essential Bob Dylan" ... and the fourth item "Essential Bob Dylan"? ...

5. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

Error

I don't know, but the same error occurs with that item. The initial $14.24 price in the search results is replaced when you click on the item by a price of $16.49.

I'll place my order when/if they fix the web site, and I suggest those who have placed orders to make sure they paid what they expected to pay.

6. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

See other threads above. Tower is claiming ALL of its CDs are 25% off this weekend. The coupon gives you another 10% on top of that.

7. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Same thing happens to me--the prices increase after I add CDs to my cart. Very odd--I've never seen this with Tower.com before.

8. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Hmmm, it appears they programmed the site to take 25% off of the list price of every item added to the cart, even if the site had offered a discount better than 25% before putting it in the cart. I should probably go back over what I ordered to see if I got screwed...

9. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Got it. I am skipping this sale, I think I can get anything in my cart cheaper somewhere else.

10. ubsman

ubsman Active Member Thread Starter

Is this a one-time use coupon? I keep thinking maybe I'm forgetting to order something that I will think of a little while later so do I need to be careful?

11. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

By the looks of the number of digits in the code, it looks to be a one-time use code, so whoever offered up their code at theeee start of the thread prolly just lost their coupon.

12. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Yes. It's a different code than my 10% coupon.

I ordered the last seven Living Stereo SACD's I was missing for $8.77 ea. + tax, free shipping.

13. ubsman

Nope. Worked just fine.

14. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Good news! That means no one used your code.

15. scottabs

scottabs Senior Member

I wish I had seen this yesterday. I got the email from them today and placed an order earlier. I was going to create a post about the 25% deal, but it looks like yesterday was the best time to order. They did have the Folk Singer HDAD in stock for $16.49, but it now shows as a Special Order.

16. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

Customer service

I received this reply to my e-mail to Tower customer service.

17. ubsman

Could be, but I was able to use it twice.

I guess I should be more careful posting these codes though, since maybe next it will work that way... yikes!

One of my items has shipped already (from Florida) by free Fedex 2 day:

Hot Doggers, Surfin USA (+4 Bonus Tracks) (JPN LP Sleeve) $20.92

Pretended to place an order today and it says Coupon Code (8KDWDXN3V8EW) expired on 01/18/07.

18. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

I used it too ... probably before you did ...

Half of my order shipped on Thur. ... Fed-X 2nd day (since Fed-X doesn's deliver on Sat. ... I won't get it 'til Mon. ... which is no big deal) ... unfortunately, a couple of items that showed Low Stock on my initial order ... are now showing Special Order ... hopefully they will appear at some point since they are IP and released fairly recently ...

19. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Chip, keep us updated on those Special Order items.

On another note, didya know FedEx Ground delivery does deliver to residential addresses on Saturdays? Strange, I know. But I don't think 2nd Day service will.

20. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I just realized, some of my order that says "Low Stock", also says Backordered under the order status screen.

One title (of 5) actually did ship, but via USPS.

21. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Good news, but very odd since my code is differen than your code. That should indicate a unique code. :confused: Strange.

22. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Here you go folks:

J7F4T3Y

This code will get you an additional 15% off at Tower, provided you purchase at least $40 worth of merchandise. I believe it's good through the end of January.

23. ubsman

Hmmm... wish I'd known about this a couple of days ago. Just tried this code today, and it works.

24. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Of course it works! Or I wouldn't have posted it here. :agree:

25. WestGrooving

WestGrooving Forum Resident

Saw this deal posted on another site and placed an order. Hopefully the order goes through. 11 SACDs and 1 DVD-A (Muddy Waters Folk Singer).
    All SACDs were Steve's work except for 3 Living Stereos, Bryan Ferry-Boys & Girls and Big Brother &HC- Cheap Thrills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.