Do you count non physical product that are in your streaming library as part of "your collection"?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Price.pittsburgh, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocky's Owner

Rocky's Owner I Don't Rent Air

No, he was definitely audiophile. His ax just accidently bumped the EQ sliders at one point. He fixed them later.

[​IMG]

2. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Do you count non physical product that are in your streaming library as part of "your collection"?

If it's in your collection, is it not there?

schnitzerphilip likes this.
  3. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

No, if I stream it, I don't feel it's mine. On the other hand, if it's on my hard drive, than I consider it part of my collection, though I don't buy downloads. That said, I don't rule out buying downloads in the future.

4. Rocky's Owner

Has anyone heard of this thing called a homepod? Apparently it will play very low quality music, but people are finding its main use is as a cat scratching post.

[​IMG]

5. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

What’s your source for that: have you heard one in real life and are reporting on your findings. If so what did you feel it lacked? What could they improve on?

If not why do you feel it necessary to put this product down?

6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

7. Rocky's Owner

Yeah, heard one at a neighbor's house. No highs, poor mids, no bass, no depth, no clarity, no detail, poor soundstage, induced listening fatigue after only a few minutes, what little bass there was was muddy.

8. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

[​IMG]

Was it on?

Dave_L, Gaslight and schnitzerphilip like this.
  9. schnitzerphilip

schnitzerphilip "Modern Dad" Unlocked Award

Strange that any audiophile would criticize HomePod:

Audiophile Review: HomePod 'Sounds Better' Than $999 KEF X300A Digital Hi-Fi Speakers

Good article. It’s conclusion:

“I am speechless. The HomePod actually sounds better than the KEF X300A. If you're new to the Audiophile world, KEF is a very well respected and much loved speaker company. I actually deleted my very first measurements and re-checked everything because they were so good, I thought I'd made an error. Apple has managed to extract peak performance from a pint sized speaker, a feat that deserves a standing ovation. The HomePod is 100% an Audiophile grade Speaker.”

David67 likes this.
  10. Rocky's Owner

Yeah, that was the problem. It was on. It's all matter of air displacement. A speaker that size will not be capable of producing decent bass. Obviously. And the highs and mids sucked too.
    You know the audiophile saying "No highs, no lows, must be...Homepod."

To me it sounded like a bee buzzing around inside a tin can.

11. Ana Gray

Ana Gray New Member

To convert your lists, you can use MusConv, I find it great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.