Amazon has hit a new low... (Record shipped with no packaging)*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MusicNBeer, Dec 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MusicNBeer

MusicNBeer Forum Resident Thread Starter

My record was just delivered with absolutely no packaging! Just a shrink wrapped record. Not surprisingly, the jacket is ruined. Soaking wet. If I wasn't so annoyed now, I'd be laughing my butt off. Oh yea, and creases around all 4 corners around the record.

Matthew Tate and TaumpyTears like this.
  2. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Wow!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

This has been spoken about rather a lot. You have to click for extra packaging. Is it ridicuoous, obviously yes. However a bit of digging could have avoided this. Trust no one about anything.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Paul_s

Paul_s Forum Resident

Ah, Amazon's Frustration-Free packaging™ strikes again :shake:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Including your post?

6. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure they can sink lower, especially with regards to how they treat their employees.

7. drift

drift Forum Resident

Unbelievable. This isn't something you should be expected to know to take extra steps to prevent from happening. This should just never happen.

Edit: What record was it? Can we see a picture?

DaleClark, Matthew Tate and ispace like this.
  8. krisjay

I would render to your better judgement.:D

9. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

I've never had to do that. Thankfully I've only had one or two bad shipping experiences and Amazon always has great customer service. **Knock on wood**

10. MusicNBeer

Seriously, you have to special request useful packaging? I haven't ordered from Amazon for awhile but that sounds rediculous.

11. krisjay

Even when you do get the packaging, it is usually just thrown in a box, bouncing around the whole way. I have to believe this has been complained about by thousands of record buyers. Still haven't seen a change.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. MusicNBeer

That is true, the accept anything back. Then re-shrink wrap it and ship it out again. :agree:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. PooreBoy

PooreBoy Forum Resident

I’ve had this happen when it’s shipped from their Florida distribution center. The first was exactly like yours, no packaging, just the ups label. And yes it was junk when it got here. So I shipped it back the same way.
    The second one I received from the Florida distribution center they put the album in an under sized box, with no packing material whatsoever...sideways. So it arrived warped.
    So from now on if I see an album being shipped from that distribution center I’ll go ahead and start a return and back it will go.

Matthew Tate and elvisizer like this.
  14. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

More like PACKAGE-free packaging.

I had one of the Bowie vinyl sets (A New Career In A New Town) shipped like this a few years back. I wasn't happy about the condition in which it arrived, needless to say.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I’ve never had an album delivered from Amazon sans box or mailer....most times it’s both, and I’ve never had to click anything. Maybe because I’m a Prime member?

Matthew Tate and AZRunner like this.
  16. Pavol Stromcek

Pavol Stromcek Senior Member

Amazon normally ships LPs in cardboard mailers, but I think you may occasionally get an idiotic or disgruntled employee at the warehouse who doesn't know to use those (or couldn't be bothered). I recently had an LP arrive from them in nothing but a thin, non-padded plastic bag, and of course the cover was trashed. I returned it, and the second copy was also shipped in the same plastic bag. The third time, I checked the box to indicate that it was a gift, and that time they threw it into a too-big box with a few of those air packs, but at least it was undamaged.

Matthew Tate and MusicNBeer like this.
  17. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Not employees. Private contractors.

Helter Skelter and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. MusicNBeer

The record itself looks perfect so all is not lost, just half. By the way, the album is Skynyrd Gimme Back My Bullets. Maybe the employee hates them.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

These stories have been told here since I joined the forum in Spring of 2010.
    Nothing "new" about this at all.
    Also why I stopped buying vinyl from Amazon.
    The last time I gave an honest description of the people that were delivering Amazon here where I live, I was attacked by forum members, and a Gort, for being "insensitive and misogynistic," so I won't do that again, but that, in addition to reports of albums arriving completely trashed, was enough for me.
    I use Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct, Bull Moose, Barnes & Noble, Amoeba, Craig Moerer, and Sundazed. ALL ship in proper album mailers, some, like Acoustic Sounds are bullet-proof in their packaging.
    The best the pro-Amazon vinyl buyers can come up with is, "returns are really easy ! "
    I . Don't. Care. First, I don't want to go through the returns process.
    Second, once you've made "too many returns," Amazon bans you. Certainly not worth it.
    Still use Amazon Prime for a lot of other things, just not vinyl.
    I don't trust them.

20. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Amazon’s over and under packaging is a wonder to behold. I just received a package of Mofi inner sleeves packed in a too large box plus bubble wrap.

I think it was meant for the OP.

Matthew Tate and MusicNBeer like this.
  21. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I don't use amazon for anything anymore, very rarely anyway.

Matthew Tate and ClassicalCD like this.
  22. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

I never buy vinyl from Amazon. I've heard too many horror stories. I'll find it somewhere else.

Darryl

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. btomarra

btomarra Classic Rock Audiophile

Funny! When I complained here on the forum about Amazon, most were shocked having never experienced any issue. I was blamed instead. Looks like I’m not the only one. This is terrible.

I have had items get lost, paid for a guaranteed delivery date (not cheap) which cannot be guaranteed! They rarely come on time now. Amazon should just explicit say “estimated” or give a window of a few days. Have an issue right now of a delayed shipment. Last one came damaged! Through with them after this! A refund is getting to be more of a certainty. Given a number to call for the refund by Amazon and it’s a spam number

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

Hey, records come in their own box! :D

25. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

Oh. So condition is really irrelevant, then. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.