Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

You’ll be fine. Just be diligent in your follow-up and all should be good.

2. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i wouldnt call DD shady at all

Planbee, Matt I, Juggsnelson and 2 others like this.
  3. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Someday I'll post some background. I'm not in the mood right now; but the short version is they destroyed most of their competition with shady business practices. DD is owned by Alliance. They are a wholesaler, previously known as Phantom & then Super D. Alliance bought up Super D & almost all of the larger mid sized net retailers except Movie Mars & one other who's name I can't remember at the moment, & just long enough to put a lot of us out of business, lowered their retail prices on 10-15 major sites to below wholesale. Once they'd killed off a number of retailers (including myself) they raised the prices back up on all of the sites.

slipkid and Juggsnelson like this.
  4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Sounds like capitalism to me. I've never been disappointed with prices or service from these entities. If I were, I wouldn't be a frequent customer.

5. moomoomoomoo

I see it as more of a monopoly attempt than capitalism. (Yes Amazon, Walmart & Movie Mars do still exist).

jhm, slipkid and Juggsnelson like this.
  6. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Their customer service can be a hassle but they always did right by me in the end. Their prices are hard to beat usually, especially on some imported items.

Greenalishi likes this.
  7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Well, they shipped all of it except for the two that were out of stock. They refunded me for one of those already so I requested that they cancel the other. Guess this is going to get done the hard way.

8. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Well.....I guess they ship fast.:sigh:

slipkid likes this.
  9. hutlock

That’s about the only good thing so far! I did get them to cancel the other record that didn’t ship and the refund is processing so that’s 2 down I guess. We shall see how easy the return process turns out to be.

slipkid and Juggsnelson like this.
  10. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I had a similar experience as you with the cart thing btw, having things added that I was not expecting to be in there. I think that what happened to me - which might have happened to you - is that one night I added a bunch of things to the cart. I did not check out yet though for whatever reason. A couple days later I went back and the cart showed as empty. So I added them again, along with other stuff. Then I went to check out and apparently I was not logged in, so I logged in as prompted. That took me to the final order screen to enter shipping address/payment info and the finalization part of the order. Only then did I notice that there was a lot more in my order than what I just put in the cart that night. It had remembered what I ordered b4 and added all that in despite showing nothing in the cart b4. I think the cart actually stays associated with your account somehow, what happens depends on what you put in the cart b4/if you were logged in b4, if you are logged in now while shopping again etc....probably not explaining that right (I'm zzzleepy after some multiple 12 hour shifts)....

Matt I, hutlock and Greenalishi like this.
  11. moomoomoomoo

Yes, on many sites the cart is associated with your log in. On some, it's just cookies.

slipkid likes this.
  12. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

I try and check my cart carefully after similar experiences on many sites. The biggest mistake I've made is ordering several items of something I only wanted one of. Because of this I try to be more vigilant.

slipkid likes this.
  13. hutlock

This is exactly what happened. Only in my case the cart was from several weeks ago. But same thing basically.

Greenalishi and slipkid like this.
  14. hutlock

I hadn’t been through the CDs in the Blowout Bin for a while so I paged through last night... lots of good new listings there, and they STILL have Pink Floyd’s The Wall for less than $7! Geez!

15. blewmaearsout

blewmaearsout Forum Resident

Lovely prices on some items, but buyer beware -- horrible packaging. I knew before I even opened the woefully thin mailer that my order was very, very warped.

And, of course, postage makes it too expensive to attempt an international return... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  16. hutlock

Yeah I try to consolidate my orders so there is enough in there that they will have to send it in a box at least.

blewmaearsout and psulioninks like this.
  17. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member Thread Starter

NEWYEAR

15% off until 1/15 noon CST

18. blewmaearsout

blewmaearsout Forum Resident

That does sound like a sound practice, but I think we can both agree that the retailer should bear the onus of responsibility to make sure things arrive safely, not the purchaser.

I did remember that I had used PayPal when purchasing, so I guess I get to test their Return Shipping On Us program, as well as Deep Discount's refund policies. :-popcorn:

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  19. hutlock

Yes, we definitely both agree on that.

blewmaearsout and latheofheaven like this.
  20. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

I guess I was very fortunate then. They sent my 2 Death In Vegas and Insomnium albums in a decent box. Maybe as mentioned above it might have been because of ordering 2 double and 1 single album together...

hutlock likes this.
  21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I haven’t experienced a packaging issue with DD or related companies. Several have come in those corrugated press packages that many don’t like so much but even those have been surprisingly effective.

latheofheaven likes this.
  22. hutlock

Yeah I haven’t had any issues either, even in those packages. Though I do prefer to order in larger quantities to ensure a box of possible as I mentioned upthread.

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  23. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

The 2014 LP remaster of Destroyer from Kiss is $7.14. You can get 15% off your order with code NEWYEAR. Coupon expires Wednesday January 15, 2020, at noon CT.

24. moomoomoomoo

Anyone notice any great deals?

Greenalishi likes this.
  25. hutlock

The Bargain Bin is full of them.

Greenalishi and GentleSenator like this.