Beatles - Get Back new book

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jack, Jan 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack

Jack Senior Member Thread Starter

2. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Experienced writer, if not in Beatles / music circles.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I will get this! thanks for the link!

4. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

Certainly looking forward to the Peter Jackson film but do yourselves a favour and listen to the podcast Something About the Beatles where they dissect these sessions on a day by day basis. Enthralling stuff.

5. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I like this period of the Beatles for the music, the three or four awesome hit singles, songs, and their timeless coolness looks.

Exciting to see what has been unearthed by now at this late point.

6. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

It’s been done...

[​IMG]

;)

7. docwebb

docwebb Forum Resident

"authorized story ". May be watered down....

8. FredV

FredV Senior Member

[​IMG]

9. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

I wonder what, if any, effect this will have on the book surely to be included in the SDE of LIB50, presumably out in MAY 2020...?

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  10. Paulismyname

Paulismyname Forum Resident

Could there be two books in the SDE? One a reproduction of the original from 1970 and the other like the past sets with essays, track information, etc?

nasa09, Hep Alien and beatleroadie like this.
  11. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Thats what I am hoping for , and from what I've been reading from various comments is what is being implied.

12. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

It's a companion piece to the "new" Let It Be film so it will be interesting to see what's new about it. The film will be the telling of the story from a different angle? You can't change history but I guess you can rewrite it.

Hep Alien, supermd, DTK and 3 others like this.
  13. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Yea, i’ve been thinking about that too - a nicely-bound hardcover of the original book, plus a comprehensive accounting of the Get Back / Let It Be story “From Twickenham to Savile Row”.

14. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

So ultimately we are getting 3 books about Get Back/Let it Be in 2020.

1. Anniversary Edition book with essays, photos and all tracklist info and liner notes
    2. Reproduction of the original Let it Be book
    3. "The Beatles Get Back" book, a companion volume to the Peter Jackson documentary

15. Muddy

Muddy Large Member

[​IMG]

Now, that's pretty funny, right there!

16. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

1 & 3 are definite.
    2 is hopefully.

And hopefully without the pages falling out. ;)

17. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

The original release of ' Let It Be ' in Canada came with this book.
    I cut out the pictures to make a Beatles scrapbook.
    WTF was I thinking?

18. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

I think your last sentence might be backwards. Although nether of us have seen the film, so it's all a guess.
    But, both the Let It Be film and the new Get Back film are all culled from the same hours of film. So, that stuff you can't rewrite, whatever shows up on the film, is actually what was happening.
    Every documentary film maker has a story he chooses to tell, both Lindsey-Hogg and Peter Jackson had/have an agenda. If Jackson shows it wasn't as bleak as Let It Be showed, that there were good things going on as well. Then that could change history. We could have a number of people thinking, "wait...I thought they were miserable and in the middle of breaking up the whole time on this one." That could change your perception of the these sessions. Because you're seeing stuff you've not seen before. At that point you're seeing history changing.
    A pretty good example of history changing is the idea of American Indians being the bad guys. Nothing but savages. When I was a kid we played cowboys and Indians, do any kids play cowboys and Indians anymore? We pretty much know that things were very much reversed from what we were taught as recent as my elementary school years. History has changed. All it took was more information. Let's see how everything shakes out in May. But, one more comparison that is really close to what we're talking about. The Get Back album that was sent to some FM stations here in the states on acetate and then called back, was a pretty fun listen, at least I thought so. I recorded it off the radio at the time and listened to it as a new Beatles album for a long time.
    When Let It Be finally came out it was a bit of a downer for me. I liked the warts and all Beatles (as nature intended) of Get Back. I think May is going to be a great time for Beatles fans.

19. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

Don't feel bad, all the pages were going to fall out anyway, you were just ahead of the game.

Past Masters, Suncola, ARK and 10 others like this.
  20. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Or maybe it’s not a huge conspiracy theory and they’re just going to show more footage, and provide actual historical context??

21. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Hope so. I left the theater feeling depressed when it was released. I'm ready for happy Beatles.

2141, saborlord123 and DK Pete like this.
  22. I did exactly the same! I had an excuse though: it was falling apart, and at the age of 13 I didn't know any better...

forthlin, notesfrom, 2141 and 2 others like this.
  23. Arnold Grove

I believe that Hannibal Lecter, when he was a wee lad, also started his "career" by cutting out the pictures to make a Beatles scrapbook. :hide:

ARK, nasa09, maywitch and 4 others like this.
  24. Arnold Grove

mikedifr0923 likes this.
  25. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Now, THAT'S a gif!!!
    I could think of a million things George could be looking up at, saying, "It's been done.", and driving away!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.