Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Archive Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jan 2, 2020.

1. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Hoping that Cello In The Ruins gets released.

tug_of_war, theMess, jricc and 8 others like this.
  2. Calico

Calico Senior Member

Should it be different from the version already released on the "Pipes Of Peace" reissue?

3. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

But then, without those B-side, how on earth do you flush out four bonus CDs for Flaming Pie? After all, we only got TWO contemporary outtakes across those three singles.

mrjinks likes this.
  4. Calico

Calico Senior Member

I have somewhere a couple of promotional radio interviews for "Flaming Pie" during which instrumental versions of several tracks from the album were played (but mostly with talk over them, unfortunately). Maybe those instrumental versions could be considered?

5. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

Blows me away on the number of comments here. I don't think this album got this much notice when it first came out.

Rockford & Roll likes this.
  6. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Agreed. It is a quandry. A few elsewhere have suggested a remix or 5.1 disc.

I'm banking on a whole pie of "new" material we aren't even aware of.

Album

Rexix or 5.1

Session B-sides and outtakes

Alternates

New to us bonus material and/or some Steve Miller jams. I'm willing to bet there are some Paul/Jeff/Ringo jams too.

7. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Perhaps there is stuff in the vaults in-known even to the die-hards. It happened before.

8. Flaming Pie get no notice when it was released?

905 likes this.
  9. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

It was his highest charting album in years. Old fans lost came back and new fans discovered him through discovering the Anthology. I was one of those. It was the first CD of new music I ever bought. I had just turned 11.

10. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Regarding issuing full Oobu Joobu episodes - it would be cool if they made those available to buyers as a part of the digital download. For the CDs proper, I’m hoping they’ve uncovered more demos and outtakes than we ever knew existed.

11. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

Ops! Wrong thread!:laugh:

Frank likes this.
  12. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

There’s eleven outtakes I can think of:
    When Winter Comes
    Cello In The Ruins (War Child version with Noel Gallagher and Paul Weller)
    Cello In The Ruins (Hog Hill version)
    Sweet Home Country Girl
    Soul Boy
    Boss Man
    Fast Blues
    Unknown fast blues song with Steve Miller
    Broomstick
    Looking For You
    3rd unknown jam song with Jeff Lynne & Ringo Starr.

somebodywhocares, Tord, 905 and 5 others like this.
  13. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

What about the song Paul wrote and recorded for Linda's birthday present one year that he never released? Was that around the time of Flaming Pie?

905 likes this.
  14. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Please no download only content:cheers:

15. agrasso77

agrasso77 Musicologist

16. agrasso77

agrasso77 Musicologist

I usually agree with you, but the Oobu Joobu full shows would be the only case to which I'll make an exception. To release them all on CD, it would take at least 10 CDs, and I think a box with 10CDs would be very unlikely (and anyway we know already that the FP box is just 5 CDs). They could put a selection of the shows in those 4 bonus CDs (inclusing unreleased outtakes, demos and soundchecks and the most interesting parts of Paul talking) but we would always have an incomplete thing; so only in this case I think the best solution would be the official download of all the full shows.

17. Headfone

Headfone Nothing Tops A Martin

Looks like 2020 has the potential to be a massive Beatle-related release windfall. No word yet on the possibility of an All Things Must Pass 50th, but...wow.

The Flaming Pie (original album remastered) vinyl reissue would certainly need to be spread out over two LPs, considering that the total playing time is 53:46. I, for one, wouldn't buy it if issued on a single LP.

Anyway, exciting prospect. Flaming Pie is a really nice album.

longdist01 and C_Jepson like this.
  18. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

So we can add at least:
    Whole Life
    Let Me Love You Always
    Hey Now (What are you looking at me for?)
    Dream Come True

Already makes it fifteen songs, not even counting the 1994 demos mentioned and the FP demo tape Paul gave to Jeff Lynne.

jammincrowe likes this.
  19. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

“Lynne’s participation in Flaming Pie began during early 1996, when McCartney called to tell him he’d be sending a cassette of 10 demos peformed with just an acoustic guitar. Lynne picked out three and traveled to McCartney’s home near Sussex, where he stayed in a guest house on the property and traveled to McCartney’s studio in the town each day.

At the end of the first session, Lynne says, “we’d talk about what we’d done and he’d say, ‘Fancy doing some more?’ Then he wrote a couple of new ones and said, ‘Fancy coming over to do these?’”

SixOClockBoos, Sean, Tord and 2 others like this.
  20. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

If Let Me Love You Always appears on the FP set than you can likely kiss a Fireman Rushes Archive goodbye.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Paul, put out a Rushes archive!!!

bward, Wingsfan2012, Yorick and 4 others like this.
  21. Afan

Afan New Member

In discussions of London Town?Back To The Egg Archive releases, it's good to see mention of the UK 1979 tour recordings. But how about Holly Days? I know, technically it is a Denny Laine album, but no more really than Band On The Run was a Wings album, don't you know? It was short and sweet but Holly Days is high on my list of fave Fab solo recordings. Is it so obscure that it is almost forgotten? And just to take this in another direction, when will the Classical, Fireman and One Off projects be integrated into the whole of the Archives, if ever? It's all Paul, folks.

Ryan Lux likes this.
  22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Well, in celebration of this upcoming Archive release, I know what I will be drinking this weekend:

[​IMG] ;)

[​IMG]

23. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Why wait for the weekend, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere. Cheers!
    :cheers:

longdist01, 905, Wingsfan2012 and 3 others like this.
  24. Diego Esparcia

Diego Esparcia Forum Resident

Will this FP timeline be included in the book? It should be!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Will the Flaming Pie boxed set include the guitar pick that was originally hidden in the booklet of some CD copies? Here's mine:

[​IMG]