Beatles in Mono LP Set

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by tonewheelz, Jan 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonewheelz

tonewheelz Member Thread Starter

Is it still possible to find these sealed for under $1000? Is there anywhere else I should be looking other than eBay and Discogs.

I missed the boat in these, but definitely want them new/sealed if possible. Any advice on where to look or things I should watch out for (regional issues, etc) would be greatly appreciated.

lightbulb likes this.
  2. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Honestly, you’ve missed the boat. Someday, there’ll be another, IMO. But until then, the ones that are out there now ain’t going anywhere but up.

Neonbeam likes this.
  3. Why do you only want it sealed? I’d prefer it opened and gone through personally because if something’s defective you’re not going to be able to easily replace it. Unless it’s solely for collecting purposes.

I’d watch the FS forum and make a WTB post in the related classifieds forum with the price you want to pay. I’ve gotten a lot of good stuff from the community here

G E and lightbulb like this.
  4. tonewheelz

Fair point! On the flip side, just worried that the description of mint may not accurately reflect the records themselves. Definitely plan on playing them. Will check our the classifieds here as well.

5. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  6. bettsaj

bettsaj “I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing.”

Does it have to be the box set sealed?....... I couldn't afford to buy the box in one go, so I bought the individual records, sealed seperately. It took me about 3-4 months to get the lot.

Ok I don't have the box, or the book, or that funky piece of foam... But I'm happy to have all the records now in NM condition as I bought them all sealed but have now played all of them. The individual records are still widely available sealed......

Izozeles and DrZhivago like this.
  7. bettsaj

wellhamsrus likes this.
  8. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

I almost managed to round up all the individual ones. Still looking for the copy of MMT. Some of the individual ones (SPLHCB) are becoming a difficult find. If I was starting from the scratch I would consider getting the CD Mono Box until the next opportunity. CD Mono Box sounds fab too.

Regards

9. bettsaj

They are out there..... But expect to pay big bucks

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour (Vinyl, UK, Europe & US, 2014) For Sale | Discogs

10. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

11. 12" 45rpm

12" 45rpm Forum Resident

If you want them for sound quality, I would suggest looking into getting the Blue box BC13. It sounds cleaner and brighter to my ears. You can find it for $200-300 on ebay and discogs..

G E likes this.
  12. tonewheelz

These are mono and also cut straight from the master tapes as well? Aside from the box and book, any other differences that you’re aware of?

13. 12" 45rpm

12" 45rpm Forum Resident

Blue box is stereo and all analog from master tapes ( probably a generation closer to master tapes ). I read somewhere that for the 2014 mono box they had to create new master tapes.. There is no book with blue box

14. tonewheelz

Ah, I definitely want them in mono. As I understand it, all of the LPs in the mono set are cut directly from the original master tapes with the exception of Please Please Me, which had to be transferred to another tape first.

15. tonewheelz

Thanks for your help guys. I managed to find a set unplayed and mint (no shrink wrap on outer box) for $700 shipped.

I’ll kindly kill myself if the set is reissued in the next 12 months lol

ispace likes this.
  16. justice0_14

justice0_14 Active Member

My wife bought me both the regular and the mono for xmas when they first came out then a year later sunrise records closed their store here and everything was 50% off so i grabbed the other mono sealed case...was lucky!

17. G E

G E Senior Member

Your best bet is to pick them up individually. Pepper will be the priciest. The FS forum here is really good. Lots of good traders. I sold my Mono set there and a loose AHDN, still have my loose white album which I haven't decided to sell yet.

18. merlperl

merlperl Forum Resident

True story! My sgt pep was warped when I bought my set. I bought a replacement off amazon the next day. Now...perfect.

19. merlperl

merlperl Forum Resident

Crap was I supposed to keep my foam?!

20. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

Hello folks - A quick question for those in the know: where can I find the “FS forum?” Or am I already on it? LOL !

21. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I believe you need at least 50 posts to access it. You've got 44 to go.

22. Nicode70

Nicode70 Overspending completist

would you share where you found it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.