Jeopardy! Who is the GOAT?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by daca, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yamfox

yamfox Forum Resident

No, on Hulu (w/ Live TV) all the on-demand stuff that you normally get with cable (which generally includes everything available in each network’s stand-alone app, especially when it comes to ABC which is owned by Disney as Hulu also is) are rolled into the regular interface, no extra effort required on your part. If you look up the program in question you should see yesterday’s episode available regardless whether or not you recorded it, along with today’s episode at midnight PST/3 am EST (the standard time for streaming video to go live)

The Hud likes this.
  2. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Cool, thanks!

3. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I just searched Hulu under Jeopardy and there it was. I missed recording the first episode, too.

The Hud likes this.
  4. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

Don't have Hulu only Direct TV. A good match last night.

5. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I didn't do the math when it happened--what would the final 2-game score have been last night, had Jennings got the final question correct? I'm guessing a close repeat of the first night results again, but with the really unlikable guy (still) winning this time?

6. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

James is working my last nerve. I predict Brad to come roaring back to win tonight, and for the overall contest to go to seven.

7. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Was Rutter's strategy to waltz in without doing any prep work? Jennings and Holzhauer are as impressive as ever, and he's falling on his face four games in a row.

OldSoul likes this.
  8. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

James is hilariously obnoxious and can be pretty rude. I'm guessing he's a bit of a loner. Trivia legend though. He's unbelievable with what he knows and the guts he has on his wagers.

GodShifter likes this.
  9. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

We got a kick out of the decades topic last night.
    1380s! 1520s! Man these are some serious trivia nerds
    Yeah it’s weird Brad seems a step off his normal game but it’s fun watching the machine and how Ken is trying his tack and really fighting. Fun fun match up

mrjinks and Bobby Buckshot like this.
  10. Bobby Buckshot

I'm enjoying it outside of the all the product placement sneakiness for these answers. It's at least more subtle than Ellen's Game of Games which is basically a Unilever or P&G commercial.

GodShifter and daca like this.
  11. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation Thread Starter

The really unlikable guy did not to get to participate in the second Final Jeopardy last night. He was in the negative.

MPLRecords likes this.
  12. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

Jeopardy isn't something I can watch where I live. I only clicked on this thread to see what 'GOAT' meant. I was thinking Let's Make a Deal. Thanks to Chris C for spelling it out.

13. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

It's kind of depressing how Jeopardy is becoming just a shill for advertisers. I know that advertising is how they make money, but it's not even sneaky any more, but simply brazen in its obviousness.

JohnK

14. applebonkerz

That really unlikable guy (to you, I haven't seen any issue with him these past two days) that ended in the negative, isn't nearly as unlikeable as the guy on the opposite end of the the game podiums -- to me anyway. o_O

15. MPLRecords

I didn't realize there was any negative feeling towards Holzhauer.
    To be honest, I haven't seen it anywhere but this thread!

OldSoul and daca like this.
  16. applebonkerz

This is the first time I'm ever seeing the two guys on the ends. But the earlier description given of Holzhauer as obnoxious and rude is being pretty kind for how he is presenting himself in my view. I couldn't stand having to be around someone like that in regular life.

17. daca

If Rutter hits a Daily Double in Double Jeopardy as the first clue AGAIN, Congress should investigate like they did the $64,000 Question.

Unreal. And fixed.

18. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Strong round for Ken. He's going for the kill shot!

daca and MPLRecords like this.
  19. MPLRecords

Tried to be more critical of Holzhauer, and still can't see how he's supposedly so bad. Every comment he makes is met with what seems like genuine laughter from the other guys.

Great round for Jennings. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't pull out the win tonight.

OldSoul and daca like this.
  20. MPLRecords

Not the first clue, but yet another Daily Double for Rutter. Something's up.
    EDIT: Both!

GodShifter and daca like this.
  21. daca

And ANOTHER. Got BOTH in DJ. This particular game is fixed.

If Holzhauer gets them, game. Set. Match. I know this, you know this, Alex knows this and Jeopardy! knows this.

GodShifter and MPLRecords like this.
  22. MPLRecords

All three of them were hilarious at the end there! I really do think Jennings (congrats to him for tonight) would be a good replacement for Trebek.

daca likes this.
  23. daca

I agree.

Bonus for the night. The answer is: “Holzhauer and Rutter”

Question: Who are the winners of Games 4 & 5 in the Jeopardy! Greatest of all Time tournament?

MPLRecords likes this.
  24. MPLRecords

Guaranteed.

daca likes this.
  25. Bobby Buckshot

Everyone in Tallahassee watching this show was screaming "GARNET" at the TV for James' Daily Double. Can't believe he missed that one!

PhantomStranger, daca and JAuz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.