The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Netflix Messiah...any idea if this is going more than 1 season? 1 eppy in...OK, so far.

2. Michael

after all is said and done this was terrible and a huge disappointment...and supposedly another Season to follow next year...I really think they cannot save this...

3. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

American Soul. In this episode Don Cornelius gives his young a gun and tells him to kill a possum but he refuses. Years later the son gets revenge by executive producing this show. Sub plot: Soul Train goes on a road trip on a bus through the South. What could possibly go wrong?

4. George P

George P Notable Member

[​IMG]

SUPERB first episode! I will be VERY sad to see this show go!

5. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Just finished bingeing season 1 of the Handmaid's Tale. Wow, really outstanding work!! But the tale's as dark as they come.

6. The Little House On The Prairie episode "Country Girls."
    I love this episode so.

Michael likes this.
  7. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Playing catch up. So much good tv and not enough time.

2 on the go at the mo:

'AHS1984' - Dunno if I'll stay with this. 4 episodes in and it has not grabbed my attention at all. It's no 'Asylum'/'Coven'.
    'Big Little Lies' - 2nd series. 3 in to this. Slow burner. Streep's character is an uncomfortable watch.

8. bmasters9

bmasters9 Forum Resident

The Untouchables, original 1959-63 ABC series w/the late Robert Stack-- on Season 2, Vol. 2, Disc 3; it's actually gotten pretty good lately.

9. Jimmy Disco D

Jimmy Disco D Forum Resident

Me too, I'm going to watch the last one tonight, I've enjoyed it so far, but I hope there's going to be a satisfactory ending.

Michael likes this.
  10. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Monty Python's Flying Circus (season 1 episode 9) The Lumberjack Song and the Pinteresque Visitors sketch highlight this 1969 episode.

Jimmy B. and fabre like this.
  11. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Just finished The Witcher
    Last week I finished season 2 of You
    Watched the pilot of Deputy with Steven Dorff... not sure how long I'm gonna stick with it... Dorff is charismatic, but it's just another cop show... was surprised to hear "Go Faster' by The Black Crowes featured in the episode.

Next up is Dracula on Netflix and finishing Mrs. Fletcher on my DVR.

12. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

Hilarious!

13. Michael

how many seasons are we going to get? has it been announced yet?

14. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Dracula, 3 part Ntflx mini series. First 2 parts VERY good. Nailed that gothic castle and voyage to Jolly Olde England. Once it settles in England, meh. Despite the last episode letdown , performances by the actors playing Dracula and Dr. Agetha Von Helsing were flat out great and make the series worthy of at least a non rave recommendation.

15. Michael

Messiah...quit it after 3 episodes...not for us.

16. Michael

we loved all three episodes...wish it was longer...no complaints after all.

DLD likes this.
  17. Michael

1 season 3 episodes...

18. Michael

we love all of the episodes in the series...my wife and I enjoy this every few years...now we have all of them on BD....they look fabulous!

Jimmy B. likes this.
  19. Jimmy Disco D

Jimmy Disco D Forum Resident

I don’t know, but I did just watch the last one.....

No satisfactory conclusion, what a surprise! They just left us guessing and waiting for another season to find out whether he is the Messiah or just a very naughty boy.

I did enjoy it overall though.

Michael likes this.
  20. Michael

well that's a drag...especially if it's not continued with a second season.

21. That's great! I only have the first on Blu-ray (and originally bought 1-4 on DVD, so still have through season 4). I want to get more sometime on Blu-ray when I can.
    It's true, the quality is outstanding.

Michael likes this.
  22. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I watched Dracula and then Chernobyl over the past few days, I was waiting to watch Chernobyl on Blu-ray for some reason, a quality-related reason I guess I guess and had recently bought a copy. I had seen the first episode and some of the last episode before but it was still really good to see the rest of the episodes as it's very good. Dracula was good too, love Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss' writing.

23. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

"Lincoln Rhyme: The Hunt for the Bone Collector." Typical watered-down, glitzy, illogical pablum from NBC.

24. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

"Family Guy"

25. George P

George P Notable Member

Medical Police - new funny show on Netflix - good, not great.