Alice Cooper's "Easy Action", "Killer" and "Welcome to my Nightmare" on Rhino coming 1/23/18! *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by If I Can Dream_23, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

The Killer on black vinyl was - the one before the cv reissue. The cv of Killer did not get stated as done with most care and does not get anywhere near an original. You may have the reissued mixed up. Or I have read your post incorrectly. If so I apologize in advance. I'd like to think the cv of Killer sounds amazing but it's not what I read.

2. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

No worries, I probably did not explain well but I do have the previous reissue of "great" Killer on 180g black vinyl which I think came from the EU although I can't recall who I ordered from. Most likely Amazon. It gets confusing with so many reissues!

3. Dodgytc

Dodgytc Forum Resident

Still waiting on a version of Easy Action that does not play Killer. I purchased one, complained to Rhino, and they sent me another copy of the exact same thing.
    I asked if they could send me a copy that had been opened and checked, that was a couple of months ago, not heard from them since.

TC

Jack likes this.
  4. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

Me too!

5. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

Just a heads up, Alice Cooper Welcome To My Nightmare purple vinyl is like $11 on Amazon for some reason.

Raysdeathmachine and superstar19 like this.
  6. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I think they just drop every now and then. I got Special Forces on Amazon UK for £10 a couple months ago

Electric Sydney likes this.
  7. fitzchris72

fitzchris72 Forum Resident

I bought a copy of both “Easy Action” and “Killer” last week hoping that if they were screwed up I’d still have both. Unfortunately the “Killer” album was actually “Easy Action”. So I opened “Easy Action” and it’s..... “Easy Action”. So now I have two copies of Easy Action. Is there any way to differentiate which “Killer” you are getting without opening it? Would love to get a correct “Killer”. I am aware of the UK pressing but hoping to find a corrected one locally if possible.

8. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

I have a gold "Killer" with "Easy Action" labels inside a "Killer" jacket. Message me if you're interested in completing your screwed up set!

9. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

This must mean that the method of correcting the screw-up in at least some cases was to switch out mixed up pressings and ignore that the result with be wrongly printed labels.

That is if you did not do any switcheroo yourself.

Was the shirk wrap stickered about the Rocktober / Colored vinyl. And you did not fix this album yourself?

10. bloodlemons

No, I just swapped the discs between the two original mispressings. So I have a red Easy Action with a "Killer" label, too.

11. Dodgytc

Dodgytc Forum Resident

I took a chance on a 3rd copy of Easy Action, this one had the "record store crawl" sticker and plays the correct tracks. Finally !
    The first two incorrect copies did not have the sticker, if that helps anybody. Picked it up at Amoeba LA.

TC

12. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

I picked up an early Canadian reissue of Easy Action last week on the Warner olive green label, Kinney Music on the label so from 1971-early 1972. This is the first time I have had this on vinyl and really gave it a few god listens. It's actually a pretty good album. Worth taking a chance on for sure.

Raysdeathmachine likes this.
  13. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Got a great pressing of this and the SQ is excellent
    [​IMG]
    Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare
    Purple vinyl

14. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

I have this one too, and it is quite nice.

tinnox and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  15. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

I am late to the game on these reissues ( missing out on love it to death and BDB) but I've managed to pick up the rest of these colored vinyl reissues including RSD dragontown. have to say, I have been very pleased with these reissues. They look and sound fantastic. Some of the best vinyl I picked up this past year I think. Hopefully someday they will reissue the ones I missed and also schools out and Muscle of love someday.
    [​IMG]

16. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I’m hoping for Muscle of Love and School’s Out this year. It’s strange they got skipped.

17. BOZMAN

BOZMAN Forum Resident

The complexity of replicating the original packaging is most definitely the issue holding these up. I hope they are released eventually though.

18. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

good point.
    Die-cut not so much a problem but the cardboard box I think would pose the biggest problem. As far as paper underwear goes?

BOZMAN likes this.
  19. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

Are we saying the technology in the early 70's made it easier and more cost effective to create the packaging? I'm not trying to smart here but labels pulled this off almost 50 years ago. Also, I would think the incentive is there even if it is more expensive. Is Rhino paying attention to how the Billion Dollar Babies reissue did? Thank God I found a forgotten copy at cost at a Barnes & Noble when flippers were already selling them for over $80 (now at $150).

They can charge what they want if or when they produce these. The label will not absorb the additional expense AND they will sell out as fast as they make them if Rhino continues to emulate the original packaging combined with beautifully colored vinyl. C'mon Rhino! Get these pressed already! :waiting::mudscrying:

BOZMAN, Porkpie and bloodlemons like this.
  20. BOZMAN

BOZMAN Forum Resident

So yes, I was just trying to make the point that it may not be as cost-effective today as it was 40 years ago to put these out exactly as they did for their original release, simply for the reason that during the '70s there was the potential for selling millions of copies of each of these albums, as opposed to today where sales are most likely only in the 1,000s, given the limited nature of these releases. I'd be willing to pay a little more for these, but you have to wonder at what point does Rhino/Warner simply figure it's not worth it if the profit margin is so minimal.

Ben Adams and bloodlemons like this.
  21. bloodlemons

This is true, but if Rhino reissues Armed Forces and Dada on fancy colored vinyl, they're going to need to do School's Out and Muscle of Love too. That is just physics.

JRose likes this.
  22. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

All the period packaging doesn't really matter to me. It was a point in time, and that's over. Most of us aren't 16 anymore and all those extras in a modern reissue don't really enhance the experience for me. I want a well done reissue that sounds good with a faithful reproduction of the basic album art and I'm good.

bloodlemons and Porkpie like this.
  23. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

This.

SteveCam likes this.
  24. bloodlemons

Totally agreed. I was thinking this yesterday.

SteveCam likes this.
  25. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Picked up the first four ACG colored vinyl reissues a couple of weeks back just listened to Killer. What happened to it? It’s like a blanket is covering the speakers. Totally lacks the clarity of the originals. Thankfully I have all my mint originals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.