The Witcher

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by wayneklein, Dec 21, 2019.

1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it did inspire me to replay the 3rd game! i think the show has the potential to be much better though. and for the love of god, recast triss and fringilla.

2. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

Hmm, I'm only up to the 3rd episode, Triss seemed pretty good in her introduction, why should she be recast?

marmalade166 likes this.
  3. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

Between the constantly changing accents to follow, and the awful audio mix I honestly can’t understand half of the dialogue.

Smokin Chains likes this.
  4. Smokin Chains

Smokin Chains Forum Resident

Same here! My wife and I watched the first episode and were very frustrated constantly rewinding it to figure out what people were saying!

5. Martinn

Martinn Forum Resident

It's easy, it's usually something about 'destiny', or Geralt's 'f...' or 'hmmm', for there rest use the captions.

Smokin Chains likes this.
  6. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I thought both were good. The Fringilla intro was pretty innocuous/stealthy, but as she becomes more important later in the season, I liked the actress' performance. They look very little like their game counterparts, of course, but that made little difference to me. :)

rebellovw and marmalade166 like this.
  7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I had no problem at all with the dialogue with closed captioning.

8. danomar

danomar My spoon is too big.

I finished the first season this past weekend. It was... Good. The last few episodes were... Engaging and... Well thought-out.

Dang. They ruined a bad thing. :p

9. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I actually know nothing about the stories or the game, but now through episode 5 am finding it an enjoyable diversion. I finally keyed into the timeline thing around the end of the 3rd episode, though it hadn’t really bothered me. I think it’s pretty effective, as if you tried to tell the story chronologically it would be a hell of a lot longer.

JohnK

marmalade166 likes this.
  10. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

I was wrong about this series. First couple episodes were rough but episode 3 really kicked ass. I love the game and this does a pretty good job.

I’m glad I gave it a chance.

Brenald79 and marmalade166 like this.
  11. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Me too.

Scott222C likes this.
  12. Bruce Racket

Bruce Racket Forum Resident

As a D & D kid growing up, I can say it was one of the best Dungeons & Dragons shows ever made. Even though is has no involvement with D & D. :D

rebellovw and GentleSenator like this.
  13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Just finished watching this over the course of about a month (as in an episode just over a month ago and the rest over the last couple weeks). Notorious slow start but I feel rewarded by seeing it through. It comes across with clunky GoT and LOTR elements but carries through its own story at the end. I'm simple with this sort of thing. Entertain me. The Witcher did just that. I'll be looking forward to more.

Pros:

Dialogue zingers, but only about one for every ten we got with GoT.

Battle in episode 8, the use of magic to make a routine siege play out different than all the rest.

Cons:

Henry Cavill's Batman-esque grunts and pseudo-dialogue. Yet eventually he grew into the role.

Did I miss something, how did Yennifer suddenly gain control of her magic? I feel like something was lost in that transition.

Neutral:

I really only started caring somewhat for the characters during the last episode or two. At least we eventually got there.

When all is said and done, this scratches an itch for a fan of this genre. It is not a 10/10 production but few can rise to that level. Still very worthwhile.

GentleSenator and Brenald79 like this.
  14. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

I watched it all maybe a year or two ago? Thought it was OK. Enjoyed watching it. Did not know that it was derived from a game.

SJP likes this.
  15. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

Lol....truly a person of my heart...a forum friend got me into this stuff and these threads...

Michael likes this.
  16. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

is he still a member?

17. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

Lol....yes.

18. Michael

cool...

19. Michael

how much longer do we have to wait for the second season?

20. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Second season now on Netflix.

21. Michael

finally after a ridiculously long wait we have Season 2...does anyone know if this it it or will there be more seasons to come?...we enjoyed Season 1 very much.

22. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

really enjoyed this second season, for anyone who has watched it here's a really good after show video with interviews from all the main cast

23. Quincy

Quincy Senior Member

Season 3 was green lit last September.

marmalade166 and Michael like this.
  24. wayneklein

wayneklein Forum Fool Thread Starter

Well Covid probably played a role in the delay plus schedules for the returning actors.

Michael likes this.
  25. Michael

most likely but I still think it was a bit before covid...