Elusive Disc "Blowout" Sale..

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by riverrat, Jan 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member Thread Starter

Elusive Disc "Blowout" Sale..

Not really a "blowout" - looks like 25-30% off in most cases. But there might be some scattered decent deals.

I looked through the jazz offerings, couple of BN80s for ~$20, Coltrane mono box for $99. But I didn't place an order.

Post any "good" deals here..

2. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

3. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

4. moomoomoomoo

Picked up the AF Sarah Mclachlan Touch SACD for $23.78 shipped

5. riverrat

Thanks ggerm. The sale is also linked to in my post via "Blowout"

In further sifting, I found they have the Craft Recordings KG remastered reissue of John Lee Hooker - Country Blues Of John Lee Hooker for $18.99, a few bucks less than I was able to find it anywhere else.

6. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Just for completion, they also have a Digital Blowout sale, for those not interested in vinyl.
    Search Results

PhantomStranger likes this.
  7. ggergm

You're welcome.

I added your John Lee Hooker to my order. It took me over the top for free freight.

Otherwise I went full jamband with my order:

Widespread Panic - Carbondale 2000 (5 LPs - 12/1/2000 show in Illinois. Multitrack recording)
    Allman Bros - Where It All Begins (studio album 1994 - 2 LPs - Friday Music - red & gold vinyl)
    Blues Traveler - Hurry Up & Hang Around (studio album 2018)

black sheriff likes this.
  8. riverrat

Does free shipping kick in at $99?

9. ggergm

Yes. I know this because one combination of albums got me to $98.97. No free shipping.

riverrat likes this.
  10. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I didn't know about the Widespread release.

I may copy you on that order. Looks great. :thumbsup:

ggergm likes this.
  11. ggergm

:cool:

You'll have to decide whether you want the vinyl for Where It All Begins in red and gold or black and blue. They have both.

If you don't have it, the Owsley recording of the Allmans with Duane sounds good. Not surprisingly, the highlight is the two-sided Mountain Jam. Plus it's 2 full LPs of music for just $19. Such a deal.

The American University Allman Bros 2 LP set is disappointing in its sound but there is 10 minutes at the end of You Don't Love Me that's simply breathtaking. I'm not sure I would have bought the box if I'd known how poor it sounded but I can't get rid of it because of that song. :uhhuh: Also on sale for $19.

12. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thank you for the heads up on the other titles. I have the American University on CD so I'm probably good with that, but the Owsley Recording I don't have, and the price is right. :cool::thumbsup:

13. ggergm

14. 111 SACDs available, mostly Classical with some random Pop/Rock albums. Does include some of MFSL's mono Dylan SACDs.

hutlock likes this.
  15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

There’s a handful of really good Japan-only single layer SACDs included too, but they are only discounted down to $49.99. Shame they couldn’t go a bit lower because there are some good titles (some Blue Notes, Bryan Ferry, PiL’s Second Edition, Captain Beefheart...)

Jodimilo likes this.
  16. moomoomoomoo

I saw those, gut $50 is not a blowout on my budget!

hutlock likes this.
  17. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Not on mine either!

18. Stan C

Stan C Forum Resident

I bought from Elusive Disc in the past and was going to buy some items and which was over 100 dollars and I got a quote that I qualify for reduced shipping. The cheapest shipped cost to Canada for the 6LP James Taylor vinyl set and a Mobile Fidelity single vinyl was 55 dollars and I was curious if I just ordered 2 James Taylor vinyl box sets and the total was over 75 dollars for shipping. Not worth the good prices with the high shipping cost to Canada.

19. moomoomoomoo

The USPS has raised international shipping costs literally over 1000% over the last decade.

20. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Get a warehouse account somewhere close to the US border. You're but a mere hour away from the US. Have everything delivered there, cross the border, get your stuff, cross back and only pay your province's tax if you declare it. Tada!

I do that and let packages accumulate, then make one big run every few months. I save a ridiculous amount in shipping that way. No duty fees to deal with either ; just taxes.

mrjinks and hutlock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.