Amazon packaging.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Diorama, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

From their site ( under customer service ) :

• How much does it cost to ship to my country?
      We base the shipping amount on the actual weight of your order. We have discounted rates through FedEx and UPS so we can compare shipping costs and find the best rate.

We advise placing your order online and in the "Special Shipping Instructions" asking to have the shipping amounts emailed PRIOR to charging your card. This is the easiest and most effective way to learn the shipping amount.

2. Diorama

Diorama Forum Resident Thread Starter

mmm could be something to look into.

Myke likes this.
  3. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Get a quote first and make sure you are sitting down when it arrives. They have great releases but their shipping rates are very high for us foreigners.

4. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I use Elusive Disc for audiophile purchases...they pack well and offer free shipping in the US over $99 and for us foreigners they will rebate us the value of US shipping. I recently ordered 4 SACDs which came to $14 shipping...they refunded me $6 of it the next morning as that's what it would have cost to ship it in the US. $8 shipping for 4 SACDs from the US is extremely reasonable.

eelkiller likes this.
  5. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

That is very good, I will remember that should the an obstruction be built between the twin Saults.

6. Myke

Say wha ?

7. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

For the second time this year I received an LP from Amazon France packaged only in a plastic bag without any filling. Luckily it was still quite ok, but I would like to comment upon to Amazon. But how do I send feedback to Amazon without asking for a return? Anybody knows?

8. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

That's criminal!
    :bigeek:

Andy Pandy likes this.
  9. chromium

chromium The power of the riff compels me.

Actually the album pictured was sent to me from Amazon.com while I was in the US, they told me just to keep it and refunded my money as it was the last in stock.
    I did get a Bob Dylan box set sent without any cardboard box or protection, just an address sticker slapped on the box itself from Amazon Germany. When I phoned them, they told me to send it back and I would get a refund.
    The conversation turned quite comical/vitriolic (on my part) when I asked them how I was supposed to send it back as I had no original packaging. Customer service asked me if I didn't have a box of my own, I said sure...but it's going to cost you €5.00 if I have to pay for and use my own box. The operator clearly didn't know how to handle this, so it was kicked upstairs. They called me back within 5 minutes, totally different chap, had to explain the whole situation again and he told me he wasn't allowed to give me €5.00 for the box, not even in credit, that he just was allowed to refund me for my purchase, AFTER they received the damaged article back.
    When I told them that this left me only one option and that was to send the box back, totally unprotected just like it arrived which would probably do even more damage (it was a €80+ purchase) basically thrashing it, they told me that was the policy o_O

I would call up customer service, or have them call you on their dime, there is an option for that well hidden on the site. And rate the transaction one star with ample comment.

10. LostArkitekt

LostArkitekt Active Member

I ordered an LP yesterday through AmazonPrime. We'll see how it shows up. Uggh. I've already sent two albums back to Pop Market (on Discogs) that had pressing issues. I don't want to have to send stuff back to Amazon for bad packaging.

11. LostArkitekt

LostArkitekt Active Member

So, I got the album I was referring to yesterday. I ordered it with another item, and they both came in one box with the LP in a separate album mailer. Packed perfectly. However, the very outer (raised) area of the lead-in looked like it was gnawed on by a wolverine. Since the album was perfectly packaged and sealed, I'm assuming it came from the pressing plant that way. Worst quality control I've ever seen.

12. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

How do you complain to Amazon about their packaging?

13. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Phone them or email them through their web site.

14. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

My wife was just handed a completely empty box delivered from an Amazon truck! That’s an all-time low for us.

Myke, PhantomStranger and Spitfire like this.
  15. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I've had an empty package delivered before.

16. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Amazon just sent me an LP in this, with no other protection at all:
    [​IMG]

17. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

And? Any damage?

18. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Corners were all dinged, and the jacket was bent a bit. Could've been far worse, I suppose.

Customer service gave me a 20% credit.

19. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

SMH.

They just don't care. If it's something fairly inexpensive, I'd probably just let it slide as long as the record's OK, but honestly, there's no excuse.

I've ordered from Experience Hendrix, Radiohead (W.A.S.T.E.), jimmypage.com, Barnes & Noble, and others, LPs and packaging arriving in perfect shape.

No excuses for Amazon. I don't care how good they are with returns.

PhantomStranger and MusicNBeer like this.
  20. Antenociticus

Antenociticus Forum Resident

I've had one of those too. It was a box set from Amazon.co.uk. I contacted them and they hot shotted a replacement to the US in 2 days!
    The last CD I ordered from Amazon.com came in a flimsly oversized envelope that offered no protection to the contents.
    Conversely the last few CDs I've received from Amazon sellers have been very well packed.

21. Electric

I might have mentioned this before, but one time I ordered some books and CDs from Amazon.uk. They lined the CDs around the box to protect the books so every CD was totally smashed to pieces. Got them replaced quick, but what a waste.

22. Stan C

Stan C Forum Resident

I ordered many things from Amazon.ca in the past and I don't usually ask for a partial refund if the item is damaged. The last time I wanted a partial refund for two banged up Classical box sets and they refused to give me a refund. They said I needed to show them pictured of the damaged item before they would give me a refund. I stated that I don't have a regular computer (I use the library computer and only have a land-line phone so I couldn't send any pictures. I have bought hundreds of items in the past and maybe ask for a partial refund around 5 percent at times. I did talk to a supervisor and after talking around 10 minutes I finally got a 10 percent discount. The normal is 20 percent. I got a email and a somewhat apologetic message saying it is rare when items get sent to you damaged. Amazon.ca packing is never great and vinyl gets more protection but when they send heavy CD box sets in bubble wrapper they tend to get dinged about.

23. Electric

Absolutely untrue!

George McClellan likes this.
  24. Myke

Of course it's not true, what would you expect them to say ? :laugh:

25. Electric

I'm just really shocked at how disconnected customer service is to the shipping side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.