uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. BRush

BRush Senior Member

2. Paulismyname

Paulismyname Forum Resident

My White Album SDE clear sleeve was a bit dinged in a spot, but could have been worse I guess.

3. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

I got my order in- that Beatles Abbey Road 50th Anniversary single LP I wanted? They sent me the 2009 remaster version instead.

This will be frustrating...

4. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

I seriously don't know who is running this site. It feels like the system is you put in an order and they try to track it down can take months. The they slop it all together. I would never order anything from them besides the color exclusives because their prices where 30-50% off those. Anything normal it is not worth dealing with.

5. BRush

BRush Senior Member

Double Shot distributors sure has been a Grinch this Christmas. I also ordered the 50th Abbey Road single lp. Glad I canceled my entire shipment

6. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

It was very much worth the risk/reward. I got the new Rated R repress for less than retail, the new Nirvana Unplugged for a great deal and THAT is going for a lot now, and I thought i was getting the new Abbey Road for $10. I've emailed them, if they dont send a replacement I'm sure I can offload the Abbey Road I got for my money back and still come out ahead on the others.

7. BRush

BRush Senior Member

Yes. There were some great deals. I had a few that sold out quick, VU White Light, some Tone Poets. I would have held out, but I’m moving across country tomorrow & couldnt wait.

8. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Agree i got the new Band and Nirvana colored editions at an incredible price and it is worth the risk reward for these type of deals

hutlock likes this.
  9. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

not sure if this would work for everyone but try it:

Thank you for being a VIP customer!

To show our appreciation, we'd like to offer you 25% off your next order + free shipping!* Just use the code below. But hurry, the code will expire in 7 days!

VIP-FCD-63O4O67E9

SHOP NOW

*Valid for one time use only. Free shipping only available to orders shipped within the United States of America. Total price of the order must be equal to or higher than $50 before tax and shipping for free shipping to apply. May not be applied to previous orders. Other exclusions may apply. No cash value.

GentleSenator, Bloom and hutlock like this.
  10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

11. putz

putz Forum Resident

I'd settle for the records they still owe me.

aoxomoxoa and hutlock like this.
  12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Yep. Me too

13. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

This just in..

"Thank you for purchasing from uDiscover Music!

We are reaching out to you in regards to your order #UDISCXXXXX containing the [Hank Mobley] Poppin' and [Stanley Turrentine] Comin' Your Way LPs.

Due to a delay in production, your order is now scheduled to ship in Late February. We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Once it's on the way, you'll receive a shipment confirmation email containing tracking information. Please feel free to reply to this email with any questions or concerns regarding your purchase.

Note: If your order contains multiple items, your order will ship once all items are available.

Sincerely,
    uDiscover Music"

GentleSenator likes this.
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

at least that echoes what other retailers are saying!

15. aoxomoxoa

I just cancelled two big orders I placed well over a month ago. No wait, no more.

16. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

A totally reasonable sentiment.
    I'm still in cuz I'm a cheapskate, trying to remain patient

GentleSenator likes this.
  17. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Just to clarify... these have been bumped everywhere to Feb 28, not just at uDiscover. Amazon just pushed their date too. So no reason to think this is uDiscover dropping the ball in this case, it is a genuine delay on the albums being released anywhere.

GentleSenator and riverrat like this.
  18. aoxomoxoa

Well with Paypal, I think you only have 45 days to file a claim. That's my max.
    I won't buy from these guys again.

19. putz

putz Forum Resident

Original ship date was 12-3-19, so one decade later and it's all good. And $148 was a good deal.

Your order is on the way
    Your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

Items in this shipment
    [​IMG]
    MTV Unplugged In New York - Color 2LP × 1
    [​IMG]
    The Beatles Singles Collection × 1

AdamChanSiuLung likes this.
  20. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

I got that same email regarding The Beatles Singles set, so hopefully this is an indication that my set is shipping soon.

putz likes this.
  21. putz

putz Forum Resident

Showed up today in separate boxes. Very well packaged. Other than the nearly 2 month wait, a great deal.

Hope everyone else gets their orders eventually.

AdamChanSiuLung likes this.
  22. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Today's email:

"We hope you're choosing to stay indoors at this time and that you, your family, and friends are safe.

We know that shopping is probably the last thing on your mind right now, but in case you're looking to add some new music to your collection, we're waiving shipping fees in the U.S.* for the time being.

Keep in mind that we might experience some shipping delays during this time.

We appreciate your understanding."

superstar19 likes this.
  23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

for all of the e-mails i've received about the ongoing situation, this one felt the most bizarre. maybe that's because this "company" is known to be notoriously flaky among other things.

hutlock likes this.
  24. Flaky?????? This "company" is the Universal Music Group, one of the largest recorded-media companies in the world, if not the largest. Along with one of it's other direct to consumer companies, Sound Of Vinyl. Among other things, this "flaky" company sold me the recent Beatles singles boxed set for $139.07, delivered!

RobCos02330 likes this.
  25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

maybe try reading the many posts about this storefront's issues here and elsewhere instead of just blindly claiming "BIG COMPANY = GOOD" because you got a good price on something.