Let It Be 50th Anniversary -Twickenham Rehearsals: What and how?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by J Alesait, Jul 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saborlord123

saborlord123 "I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy."

Let's see, if we convert the letters in the words of "Don't let me down" to there corresponding numbers we get these numbers:

4151420 12520 135 4152314

If we divide all of these numbers we get this decimal:

Using the formula to calculate decimals to time we get this many days:

(Insert drum roll here)

0 days.

Don't let me down was originally supposed to be on the Let It Be album. Let It Be turns 50 this year, we will most likely get a super deluxe edition set...

0 days until the announcment guys!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  2. J Alesait

J Alesait Forum Resident Thread Starter

I see your point. However, many were left unfinished on AR, namely the ones on the medley.

3. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Indeed a "proper" studio jam of Suzy Parker would have been fun. I'd have loved it if they did that at the I Me Mine session, and put a 1-minute version on Let It Be, as a link track, a la Maggie Mae. Just dump Maggie for Suzy ;)

Wingsfan2012 and J Alesait like this.
  4. Beatlebug

Beatlebug Another box set won't do any harm

Something that has always bugged me about Suzy Parker/Suzies Parlour, is that it was played only once as far as we know and yet everyone seemed to know it.

I've always hoped for a demo to surface but I even wonder if it was an obscure cover version. I know it was copyrighted as a Beatles track and probably was, but so was the Grapefruit track Lullaby On A Lazy Day when Yoko went through her preperation for the Lost Lennon Tapes.

It's always seemed to me to be too good for an ad lib.

5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

You might be on to something: ;)

Maggie: [​IMG]

Suzy: [​IMG]

hoggydoggy likes this.
  6. Arnold Grove

They had to have done it previously. The playing and singing (especially with the background vocal bits) are just too tight for a random ad-lib.

But as far as I know, no one has pinpointed an earlier version.

7. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Dump? Why not both?

The link tracks were a great feature of the album, as initially conceived - “Get Back with Don’t Let Me Down and 9 other songs” . . . plus a few link tracks.

8. Arnold Grove

Thinking Of Linking:

9. J Alesait

People always forget they were rehearsing new original songs from scratch in order to perform them live, so they had to really learn those songs and they had to run through them over and over again. First to come up with an arrangement, then to really know them by heart. That was not easy task. They certainly were not there to have fun, nor were those tapes meant to be listened to by the general public.
    They could sound boring, but that doesn't mean they were feeling bored. And they certainly were not arguing all the time, pretty much the opposite. I've heard the 95 plus hours...

10. J Alesait

It may be the case. Is it John singing "Suzy's Parlour" and Paul/George singing "Suzy Parker"?

11. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

It was a joke based on both songs having lady's names in them.

12. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Only one problem: it’s a Thursday.

... Tune in tomorrow

13. schnitzerphilip

schnitzerphilip "Modern Dad" Unlocked Award

I check this thread every day praying that the project is canceled.

Bad film. Bad music. Bad vibes.

14. Arnold Grove

For a bit more info, see: Jan. 9: Another kind of gig

15. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

I'm not arguing with you because you have a legitimate viewpoint but I'll bet this time next year you'll be loving both the 50th Album and the new Jackson movie.

16. J Alesait

17. Arnold Grove

I really hope that they include the Suzy Parker/Suzy's Parlour song on one of the bonus audio discs. And I hope that the liner notes can expand a bit on the origin of the song. The whole band seems to be totally locked into the tune, with everyone anticipating the changes and everyone following each other seamlessly. But where did the song come from? How old was it? Did John invent it that morning, and they practiced it a few times, but only the 1 final take was caught on tape? Or could the song date back to their pre-fame days, although no one has ever mentioned it before? Very strange....

18. J Alesait

I think maybe just George vetoing the album was enough reason not to release it.

19. Arnold Grove

Also of note: During the filming of Let It Be, Lindsay-Hogg never once had a camera aimed at John during the "Suzy Parker" song. So all of the footage of John is spliced/edited in from other film segments recorded earlier/later that day. Paul, George, and Ringo were filmed as they were performing the song, but not John. Which is why the scenes of John singing are super-quick film cuts.

andrewskyDE, theMess and seacliffe301 like this.
  20. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

21. Arnold Grove

Theoretically, yes, that would be the case. I just figured that with all of the bad vibes going around, there would have to be at least 2 Beatles to have vetoed the Get Back album.

After all, when Paul was the lone holdout against Klein, the other 3 still went ahead and signed with Klein. Which was against the usual Beatles rule, where only 1 of them was needed to veto something. Not sure if George wanted to take on the sole responsibility of holding up an album that the other 3 were insisting on.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    theMess and J Alesait like this.
  22. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

I know this is more about the Twickenham section of Let it Be, but when the remix comes out for the songs done at Apple Studio, will it be in 72:1 Blu-Ray Magic Alex Surround Sound?

23. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I would also count Her Majesty and I Want You as being left unfinished, by the standard of any of their prior work other than Why Dont We Do It In The Road

BeSteVenn and J Alesait like this.
  24. J Alesait

That always annoyed me. They had two cameras rolling and yet many takes on the film fail to show the actual lead singer. IIRC, it also happens on IGAF for example. Only the rooftop gig seems to be properly filmed.

theMess likes this.
  25. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

So stop reading the thread and don’t buy the ser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.