New 'Star Trek: Discovery' TV Series a Go at CBS All Access*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Nov 2, 2015.

1. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

The section 31 show still hasn't been green lit yet. Is it to far fetched to think that they might go with a Pike and Spock show instead? Nobody seems to want a Section 31 show. But a Pike&Spock show could feature S31 just like Discovery does, so they don't need to scrap all the S31 ideas that is already been worked on

2. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

The Season 2 Finale was absolutely spectacular. It was more like a big screen movie than a TV show. And the set of the Enterprise...my god that was so awesome. Every little detail, down to the turbo-lift's hand grips, and the scope and screen at the end that Spock always looked into in TOS. The attention to detail was superb, and the colors were just amazing. I don't know where they're gonna go with Season 3, but I for one can't wait.

3. I've seen the finale three times since it aired, I can't wait to properly see it on Blu ray.

Madness likes this.
  4. budwhite

https://trekmovie.com/2019/07/20/comic-con-2019-star-trek-discovery-season-3-and-short-treks-news/

Season premiere was filmed on Iceland!

SHORT TREKS

Today during the Discovery section of the Star Trek Universe panel Alex Kurtzman revealed that of the 6 new shorts coming, and three will feature the Pike-era crew of the USS Enterprise! One has Spock and Number One stuck in a turbolift, and is written by Michael Chabon. Another of the shorts set on the Pike-era Enterprise has tribbles and guest star H. Jon Benjamin (Archer, Bob’s Burgers). Another stars Anson Mount as Captain Pike.

Of the remaining three shorts, one will be a teaser of sorts for Star Trek: Picard, showing the backstory that leads into the series. The final 2 shorts are the animated episodes previously announced.

While we may not the plot details of each episode, the titles of all six shorts were released today, they are:

“Ask Not,” “Q&A,” “The Trouble with Edward,” “The Girl Who Made the Stars,” “Ephaim and Dot” and “Children of Mars.”

JediJoker, GreenDrazi and Meng like this.
  5. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Great way of showing they have heard us and to give Pike and his crew a place holder until they hopefully announce they're getting their own series.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  6. budwhite

7. budwhite

8. Are there any news about when is season 2 released on BD? Season 1 except for some black crush looks terrific and sound is on the same level.

9. budwhite

Probably in Nov/Dec

10. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

Personally, I have little interest in a Section 31 spinoff series. Maybe a one shot mini series. I just don't find Emporer Georgiou a compelling character.

JediJoker and budwhite like this.
  11. budwhite

12. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I think she needs to have a singular point of focus (what's her plan?). Otherwise you just can't work out her motives for anything. I like her though.

13. JediJoker

JediJoker Audio Engineer/Enthusiast

Was this even shot/edited in 4K?

Kiko1974 likes this.
  14. I don't think so but it's on 1080p and HDR on Netflix and I quite like its HDR works great with this series. Not being shot in 4K is not reason not to release a series in 4K, there you have Westworld or Game Of Thrones season 1 and next December season 8, they're all upscales and they look great.

JediJoker likes this.
  15. Wish they would release it in 4K. It’s shot in Dolby Vision. A guess is that it is shot in 3 or 4K and then completed in 2K with the visual effects done in 2K. With upscaling to 4K it could still look great.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Kiko1974 likes this.
  16. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

I got to meet Ethan at Dragon Con 2019 yesterday. He might be the nicest person I have ever spoken to! Uncanny how he looks like granddad from certain angles. There’s something about his speech cadence as well that’s very similar.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  17. budwhite

The two new Short Treks were awful I'm sorry to say.
    Nice to see Pike and gang again though. One have to wonder if Pike, Nr 1 and Spock are going to show up in the new season, why else are they on Short Treks?

18. I think these are just holding operations with the "Short Treks". I doubt that the Enterprise crew is going to show up as
    they are hundreds of years in the future

None of the "Short Treks" have been great but they have been entertaining particularly the Harry Mudd one.

19. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

I get CBS All Access through Amazon Prime. I can't seem to find the shorts, where do I look?

20. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

I just did a search for "treks" on the main prime video app and they come up as like the 3rd and 5th results

21. They can show up as separate listings sometimes as well too. I know it’s odd but that’s how they have them set up at least on mine.

22. I should note that discovery is not Enterprise.

23. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

When I had Prime, I could find the Short Treks. But now I signed up for CBS AA via Apple TV, and I just can't find them anywhere. Any ideas? Thanks.

24. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

Did you look under the "Popular TV" tab?