Walmart : selling Fleetwood Mac - color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Nov 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

2. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

Assuming this is the same mastering of the black vinyl that came with the boxsets? And if this is true- are those considered good?

3. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

There is a dedicated Walmart Deals Marketplace discussion area for those that like to shop there.

hutlock and black sheriff like this.
  4. John Bliss

John Bliss Forum Resident

Discogs says Chris Bellman mastered Tango In The Night on green vinyl. Not sure on the other Fleetwood Mac colored vinyl that Wal-Mart sells. I'm wondering if they are new masterings and how they sound.

thetman likes this.
  5. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

I know that Bellman mastered the most recent black vinyl pressing, so I'd assume they're from the same stampers.

Probably going to pick one up, the price is right.

thetman likes this.
  6. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I’ve got the colored vinyl Tusk and self-titled albums, both ordered from Amazon UK, and both are excellent. I assume these Walmart exclusives are the same pressings.

thetman likes this.
  7. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

I have the black vinyl still sealed from the box sets, I've only played the cds and surround discs. assuming these are the same mastering as the colored vinyl.

8. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

Picked up Tango today, $17.99, flat as can be, CB in deadwax, comes inside the inner sleeve with lyrics/credits ala the original 1987 release.

I really like 140/160g vinyl. It's usually perfectly flat and centered.

Anyone know if the Tusk and white s/t are also CB, or if the Rumours is a Hoffman/Gray?

thetman likes this.
  9. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

it looks like Tusk and a/t are both Bellman cuts.

10. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

I agree all the colored vinyl I buy is mostly 140/160 and I like it so much more than 180 never have the stupid warp issues.

The Gomper and superstar19 like this.
  11. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

ordered Mirage and Fleetwood Mac. Already have Tango & Tusk newer versions on black vinyl. Also have a mint original US Rumours, not sure how much better the newer version will be to top that.

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that's the info i've been looking for, thank you!

13. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I have them all except for the white vinyl Fleetwood Mac, which I will pick up this weekend.
    I think they were pressed by Record Industry in the Netherlands. These are really good bargains.

The Gomper likes this.
  14. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

If it's the Hoffman/Gray, it's better.

markshan likes this.
  15. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

Is the Rumours the Hoffman/Gray?

superstar19 likes this.
  16. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

Absolutely.

17. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

The deadwax is super hard to read because it is clear.
    I don't see a SH KG signature like the one on the Van Morrison Moondance I own (Rhino Orange Vinyl Summer of 69 edition).
    I see some block numbers and some scribble that looks like VOIV or VIVO
    BB33893-A10 HL on side 1 and the same on side two except it is -B10 HL.

Not the same numbers as the Euro 2019 edition of the same clear vinyl.
    Discogs is no help.

Tango In The Night is definitely different. It has RI-25471 and BG26610-07 A 7 in the deadwax along with 087227946388 on side one. A CB is also in the deadwax.

Perhaps Rumors silver is Optimal and Tango green Record Industry ? I have no clue.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    superstar19 likes this.
  18. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

no it isn't the 2lp set. just single version. So the newer reissue would be better you think?

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they did both the 33 and 45 release of rumours. lots and lots of opinions here on this very forum.

The Gomper likes this.
  20. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

honestly I have only started getting into Fleetwood mac & vinyl over the past year or so, so not that familiar with all their vinyl variations.
    I just happen to acquire a fairly large collection of vinyl that was siting around for the last 30 years or so a few years back and Rumours happened to be one the lps in it. Looks pretty much brand new still. I played it once and it sounded very good, but have nothing else to compare it too.

21. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Look in the runout groove for info. You can then do a search on Discogs to find out which pressing you have. The Hoffman/Gray-mastered versions were released in 2011.

This is the single-disc 33rpm version.

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

22. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

you got me curious so I checked. I know its not a 2011 issue because its been in a closet for the last 30-35 years. but this is what it says

Label is Palm tree/BSK 3010/WB
    runout groove has: Bsk-2-3010-mca-4 F36
    mastered by capitol
    NY F115
    Also some kind of lettering- can't tell if its tl, kl, or H?

maybe this can help clarify what Rumours I actually have.

23. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

You'll have to do a search for it to determine what it is. You have the right info to find it which is already 10 steps ahead of most. :)

24. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

I punched in some numbers and it seems to confirm what I thought. A FEB 4. 1977 US pressing.
    Looks like its 43rd anniversary will be in a few days then. It looks mint and sounds great. I still may pick up the colored vinyl version just to compare. I did receive Mirage and ST today. quick shipping from Walmart:righton:

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  25. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

Picked up Fleetwood Mac's "Mirage" today. Beautiful translucent violet vinyl, Chis Bellman cut. Sounds superb.
    Also snagged Creedence Clearwater Revival '"Chronicle" green marble vinyl sounds mighty nice too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.