Curb Your Enthusiasm - Official TENTH Season Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

That scene in bed with Cheryl and the talcum powder hit real close to home for the wife and me!
    Of course, that was in the early days of our romance!

Bender Rodriguez and forthlin like this.
  2. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I've only watched the first half of last night's episode but I laughed heartily at the hat bit and several others.

Doucette and George P like this.
  3. George P

George P Notable Member

Great new episode!!!

Doucette and Maranatha5585 like this.
  4. GregM

GregM The expanding man

5. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

YES! Oh yeah :righton:.. funniest thing on again.. Thank God.

6. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I enjoyed many of the bits, but some of it seemed a bit forced. Thinking back, each season's premiere is sometimes like that for me. He introduces themes that are then developed and recur throughout the season, and I get into the groove of those themes as the season progresses.

Edit: No mention of Funkhauser! Wife and I were wondering how that would be handled.

7. dougotte

Too late!

Jack_Straw and razerx like this.
  8. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I was in the chair at the dentist today and started laughing uncontrollably
    thinking about Larry and Richard Lewis sparring at the coffee shop. The
    dental hygienist said, `are you going to be okay?!'.

forthlin likes this.
  9. George P

George P Notable Member

Did you say, "I'll be OK as long as you don't stretch out the cuff on my shirt"?

10. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

A week or so ago my girlfriend saw me laughing at this preview. I can proudly say we are now up to Season 8 after being on a huge binge. This second time watching the series is just as good as the first. Not many shows can add a character like Leon six seasons in a take it up a few notches.

11. Loved the "big exit".

Billy Infinity likes this.
  12. Antifrodis

Antifrodis Forum Resident

I definitely laughed several times during the new episode, but for me, I miss some of the slower setups from the first few seasons. In the past few seasons, it's like Larry has mutated into Godzilla and is on a bad behavior rampage. He does so many random awful things, whereas in the early episodes, it was usually one or two mishaps that built on each other. His character seemed to be a bit more self-aware in years past, or more likely his character has evolved and just doesn't care anymore, if that's even possible. Furthermore, that was a lot to take in for one episode. So many things happening in a half hour. I'm guessing we'll have a pretty involved story arc to look forward to.
    My favorite line of the episode had to be when Leon referred to himself as a Yoo-hoo.

13. palisantrancho

palisantrancho Forum Resident

This is my favorite show of all time and I am so excited for the new season. The first episode was classic! I watched it twice and want to watch it again. I have seen the past seasons so many times I need some fresh Larry! He is still at the top of his craft. If you don't love this show it is very unlikely that we can be friends.

Billy Infinity, Doucette and George P like this.
  14. dougotte

That's funny. I have to tell this similar story, but I apologize because it doesn't have anything to do w/ Curb.

I read an interview with Ali Wong while in the waiting room. Later, when the hygienist was cleaning my teeth, I remembered it and started chuckling. Like you, she asked if I was OK.

In the interview, when Ali was asked about parenting, she said one of her daughters as a toddler would fart, then turn to Ali and with a serious expression, say "no-no!".

15. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

ConnieGuitar and Doucette like this.
  16. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I was about to ask the same question. Stayed through credits and previews expecting something???

17. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

R.I.P. Kobe

[​IMG]

a customer likes this.
  18. thgord

Another very funny episode! Was great that all of Larry's friends blew off his cancer screen follow-up. And then the outburst at the Green dinner table. That Suzie painting was awesome.

19. Doucette

Doucette New Member

I have watched Curb Your Enthusiasm - season 10 episodes 1 and 2 - and they are comic genius! You can't get better than this. I've actually watched episode 1 several times already as I have depression and this wonderful comedy helps me. Curb Your Enthusiasm is the best comedy ever created in my opinion - I love it and God bless Larry David. It's a coincidence but my oldest son's name is actually Lawrence David Txxx - his first name is Lawrence and his middle name is David (after my father) so we have a family joke about him having the same name as Larry David - but I think Larry is terrific so it's a good thing :)

20. Doucette

Doucette New Member

Actually, it's The Big Goodbye - not the Big Exit - just fyi. And I agree, that's it's a good move.

thgord likes this.
  21. Doucette

Doucette New Member

Um, it's a bit late for that lol (according to Larry anyways :) - 3 days after Jan 1st only. Happy New Year to you too!

22. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

wow that first episode was absolute gold (jerry)!

George P likes this.
  23. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

I know what you mean about the slow setup. My favorite is the Beloved Aunt episode (or even the Doll episode) as far as slow setup.

There is a ton going on in these episodes now which is definitely very different. But... I'd say the first two episodes have been pretty well-paced even while being so much more dense. I mean we still get little things like wobbly tables. In the old days wobbly tables might turn into a punch line at the end of the episode. Now it seems like things are either just silly in the moment or possibly they will come back in later episodes.

24. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I feel the show works better when Larry gets into trouble either because people misunderstand his intentions, or because he can’t let things go when he feels wronged. When he just goes around provoking people (eg the pregnant woman at the gym) then he’s simply being a dick and it’s less funny.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    a customer and Antifrodis like this.
  25. thgord

The pettiness that the show (well, Larry) goes to is what I really admire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.