Curb Your Enthusiasm - Official TENTH Season Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antifrodis

Antifrodis Forum Resident

Right. The genius of "The Pants Tent" is lost in the newer shows when he's just constantly being rude and doesn't care what others think. "Beloved Aunt" and "The Doll" are two of my favorites. "Interior Decorator" is my all-time favorite episode and was always the go-to for first time viewing recommendations. By the end of that episode, Larry is totally out of control, but everything builds up to him losing it. Many of the earlier episodes were so brilliantly written, much like some of the best Seinfeld episodes, where everything comes together like a jigsaw puzzle version of a train-wreck. I'm still watching and enjoying the show. It's just evolved into something different than what it was starting out, for better or worse.

asdf35, ampmods and thgord like this.
  2. Deja Doh

Deja Doh QUARANTINED

Could be the Bernie and Harvey Show.

3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

So, I see there's no acknowledgment that 'the Funk man' is gone.

kanakaris likes this.
  4. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

Bob Einstein died in January 2019 and season 10 may have already started filming. We may get a nod to Mr. Einstein in a later episode.

5. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Not yet but Larry said his absence will be acknowledged this season.

6. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

Season's still young.

7. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

That was prettay prettay prettay prettay prettay awful

thgord likes this.
  8. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Seriously, last night's episode may be the worst episode of the entire series.

vince likes this.
  9. thgord

Artificial Fruit was definitely a notch or two below the opening pair for me. As others have mentioned, it seems that the yelling and fighting right from the get-go is getting tiresome. It seems a bit too contrived, particularly about the sweater. I know that it's for comedic effect but it's turning into outright farce instead of semi-believable back and forth. Hoping for a course correction next week. That said, it's great to have new shows with extra minutes.

10. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

And yet...what's with all the cryptic Funkhouser mentions?.....

MRamble likes this.
  11. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I actually enjoyed the third episode more than the first two. Maybe it was my mood. I thought the situations were a little more subtle and creative. And, the direction (camera angles, etc.) were a little more creative than usual. It was directed by Cheryl Hines.

12. This last episode was just terrible. The unfunny lawyer scenes plus the silly scones scenes. Probably my least favorite episode and really hard to finish.

Daryl M and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  13. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Surprised by the reaction here The show is all fun and games. Not the strongest stories (yet) but it's just fun to watch Larry wade through. Plus, from a technical standpoint it's fun to see how Larry weaves the stories/jokes from scene to scene.

dougotte and ampmods like this.
  14. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Yeah I agree. This was certainly a more broad episode than the others but the three stooges thing was a quirky laugh. The cold thing was funny too. And yeah the lawyer is annoying but I’ve got faith this is building to something.

palisantrancho and MRamble like this.
  15. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

I wonder if we're supposed to think the girl died because Larry was afraid to do the Heimlich. I guess we'll see.

16. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

That's my guess. Classic Larry way to tie up that story line. If so, surprised he didn't save it for towards the end of the season.

17. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

I doubt she died. But this will certainly add to lawsuit!

MRamble likes this.
  18. thgord

She didn't die.

19. It CAN be fun, but this last episode was beyond flat and just a chore to watch. The season opener was fantastic though, so I am still optimistic for better things.

palisantrancho and MRamble like this.
  20. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Yeah I guess they wouldn’t go that dark.

21. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Curb? Not go that dark? Ha this is the same guy who wrote the Seinfeld episode where George's fiancee dies from licking toxic glue on their wedding invitations.

palisantrancho likes this.
  22. George P

George P Notable Member

More like they wouldn't let all that built up tension go so easily.

MRamble likes this.
  23. Greg Smith

Greg Smith Forum Resident

Episode 1 & 2 me me laugh like no other show, had some bad persoanl news but Curb has always been good therapy.
    Think new series has been good, show was starting to get tired

24. ANALOGUE OR DEATH

ANALOGUE OR DEATH Forum Resident

Love Curb! When it started we used to get it shown on the BBC over here.Then it switched to E4.Now we can't get it on celestial T.V at all,total bummer!

Sorry to hear about Marty.He was my favourite of the non main core characters.The weather man/golf episode was brilliant.

I often wonder if Larry was a Fawlty Towers fan,as I always associated his decent into terrible social situations with Basil's hole digging!

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  25. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

I thought episode 3 was pretty bad but really enjoyed the first two. They are gonna lay an egg now and again I suppose...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.