The big disappointment: announced but never released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by no time, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Not being a Prince expert, had it been released, would Roadhouse Garden have come out before or after Parade?

Would Camille have been after Roadhouse?

My guess is:

1) Parade 2) Roadhouse 3) Camille

Where would Dream Factory fit in?

Prince was one prolific dude!

2. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

Still waiting for Spring 2014.
    "An expanded Blu-ray/DVD/digital release, is coming in Spring 2014 with tons of extra content, 5.1 surround sound, and more. Sign up at http://www.nin.com/pub/tension to be notified as soon as pre-orders go live.".

heepsterandrey and lordfalconer like this.
  3. MartyGabriel

MartyGabriel Jaded Realist.

That would be because there isn't an original 5.1 mix for him to merely rebuild.

4. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

Bryan Adams - 'Reckless' (SHM-SACD)

Tom Petty - 'Wildflowers...All The Rest' was already mentioned.

No Bull likes this.
  5. Fannymac

Fannymac Forum Resident

Cindy Bullens' "Reckless" album.......her third overall, second on Casablanca in 1980.

bluecase and Beamish13 like this.
  6. BlueGangsta

BlueGangsta Forum Resident

Roadhouse Garden was an album conceptualised in 1998, composed of tracks recorded/ updated around 1985 - 1986. It was not intended to be an album in the 80s.

7. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Yes I know it was worked on in the late 90s (just when Prince could've used it, imo), I'm going by the recording sessions in the 80s. Parade came out in March or May 1986 and the the original recordings for Roadhouse date from 84-86 and if I remember correctly Camille was scheduled for late 86.

8. Eobard Thawne

Eobard Thawne Forum Resident

I've never heard the Sessions album but apparently the mixes are slightly different than the Anthology. I know there was a bootleg out there which I regrettably passed up 20 years ago.

It's probably on youtube out there.

9. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

Nurse With Wound - "Automating 5 CD Boxset Ltd Ed." Given that the "Automating" series had only reached volume 3, this was presumed to be a five-disc set. Cue speculation as to the contents and whether or not discs 1 to 3 were the original "Automating" albums and if so, what would be on the other 2 discs.

All moot, it seems. Announced as "Coming Soon" January 2018, 2 years later, nothing doing.

10. Buckingham Nicks and Sheryl Crow’s self-titled shelved first album both need proper releases. It’s about time and they both are very well reviewed.

Dark Horse 77 likes this.
  11. The Time Bandits soundtrack with the film mix of Dream Away is finally being released this month—almost 40 years after the film!

Bakeryrec and hi_watt like this.
  12. lavalamp3

lavalamp3 Forum Resident

Wow, maybe there's hope for the Shanghai Surprise soundtrack yet!

Billy Budapest likes this.
  13. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

a few tracks popped up on YouTube in 2014 and 2016 of Remixed tracks from Badfinger's Headfirst Session, the last album with Pete Ham's involvement.

This album was recorded by third lineup of Badfinger. Consisting now of Pete Ham, Mike Gibbins, Tom Evans and joined by a new keyboardist/guitarist named Bob Jackson ( of Indian Summer/ ROSS band). These four were coerced to write, and record an album within 10 days co-ordinated by bands wicked management. The Sessions were produced by Kenny Kerner & Ritchie Wise (of KISS fame) at Apple recording studios back on Saville Row in December 1974.

After the new year of 1975 the material was quickly mixed to appease the bands label, but it was all turned down by Warner Bros and sat unreleased for several decades.

Eventually a reissue was produced by Bob Jackson from his personal reel-to-reel tape copy of the Session Rough mix prepared by Phil Macdonald given to each member of the band back in '74.

During those many decades Warner Bros could not locate the original multitracks Masters until a complete vault Inventory discovered them after Snapper release occured.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Billy Budapest likes this.
  14. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident

In an interview with Noel Gallagher sometime in 2015, he mentioned that Oasis was planning an official release of their 1996 knebworth gig to commemorate the 20th anniversary of that legendary performance. Sad to say it never happened.

youngchoulin likes this.
  15. CMcGeek

CMcGeek Loves records maybe too much

I think some of the tracks ended up on Tracks

16. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

While thumbing through older posts, I stumbled upon this chestnut from @tootull:
    Jethro Tull – Heavy Horses: New Shoes Edition, 5-disc set (9 February 2018)
    It contains a quotation from Ian Anderson: "In the next few days, I will be listing to hundreds of hours of live tapes from various years going all the way back to the 70s. These all come from a huge collection I own and we are toying with the idea of putting out an album of basically VERY live sounding music. It will be like owning your own bootleg."
    The quoted interview is from 2017. So far, no sign of any live compilation, and from the way he describes the project, he doesn't appear to be talking about the concerts included with the Steven Wilson book sets.

Pete Puma likes this.
  17. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

:cry:

Wildgift and Beamish13 like this.
  18. somnar

somnar Senior Member

Steely Dan cover of "Carey" for the Joni Mitchell tribute record...

kouzie likes this.
  19. hlennarz

hlennarz Forum Resident

Beatles Capitol Albums Vol.3

boggs and veon like this.
  20. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

Yep. Particularly as that's not ever going to change.

21. David Stilesson

David Stilesson Forum Resident

Butthole Surfers Detail First New Album Since 2001
    OCTOBER 16, 2017 4:35PM ET
    By

CHRISTOPHER R. WEINGARTEN

Um.

Hmmm.

M'kay.

Are we there yet?

Now?

How bout now?

PointsNorth and Kate_C. like this.
  22. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

I know, right?

(Edit: my post from 1/2020 in another thread)

PointsNorth likes this.
  23. hlennarz

hlennarz Forum Resident

I'm sorry... "BUTTHOLE SURFERS" ??? :biglaugh:

24. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

I heard the bbfc has classified the Knebworth show for cinema release in 2021.

25. Aar Gal

Aar Gal Monkberry Moon Delight

Peter Gabriel I/O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.