Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Archive Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I'd buy that in a second too. Of course I'd buy the pic disc also.
    But I'd rather it not just be a pic disc. We shouldn't have long to wait even if it's an RSD release. Maybe a couple weeks I would think.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  2. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

This was my first Archive box set purchase and I wasn't disappointed.
    I remember expecting the book just being DVD size (similar as those Sony Legacy multi CD set reissues or Pink Floyd's Piper anniversary set from 2007).
    And I freaked out that it was a big book instead. Still love it and the other Archive sets I bought over the time.

3. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Reportedly 'Yesterday' was written in late 1964,

tug_of_war and Lewisboogie like this.
  4. Did I ever?

Did I ever? Forum Resident

I don’t mind the format of the first archives issued, or even the fact that they’re all bloated now (even though some of those are “lesser albums”), but I find it kind of annoying that they started adding his signature to the spines. They don’t match on the shelf. Neither does the BBB for that matter. I took RRS, WL and WOE out of the giant box so that they actually look like books on the shelf.

Ken.e. likes this.
  5. Munros1969

Munros1969 Forum Resident

I took mine out so they would actually fit on the shelf... that box was about 1/2” too tall.

Ken.e. and Did I ever? like this.
  6. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

If it's Beatles-related, and not Let It Be:50, the announcement may be coming at the end of next week or the start of the week after, as it's the anniversary of their American debut. Perhaps Washington on audio, packaged with the Ed Sullivan material? Or the Shea Stadium concert?

If it's McCartney-related, then it could be an announcement equally soon: a singles collection could be timed to celebrate "Another Day" (released February 1971) or an expanded version of McCartney (17 April 1970).
    But that assumes it's re-release. Paul could surprise us all with a live recording from the last tour with the DVD of the Liverpool concert, or a second album of material from the Egypt Station recordings that might explain the last single.

I've said numerous times it's very likely Let It Be:50 is to be announced on 6 March, which was the release date of the original single — which is about 2 months before the May 8 anniversary of the album.
    Record Store Day is April 18, so it could also be announced that same day what the release is.

Looking forward to all the announcements. So far, nothing has been leaked other than Flaming Pie is aiming at July for the moment… but hopefully all the rumours (something unnamed first, Let It Be in May, Flaming Pie in July, more Wings sets for Christmas, and possibly something from the other Fabs) will come true — for our ears' sake, not our wallets. ;)

7. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

You've given some interesting things to think about here. I guess we've all mentally moved on from the Cavern show ever coming out but it could still happen.

And a general question to the group: Is his voice truly up to par for a live album release? Hearing him live is one thing with the crowds and echos drowning out the rough edges. But a crystal clear mic recording? Maybe Paul felt that it just wasn't up to his quality standards. I would be happier getting a compilation disc(s) of the tour with Cavern and Abbey Road tracks mixed in to ensure we are getting the best vocal performances. Plus we wouldn't miss out on those stellar brass arrangements from the tour. Skip the Good Autotune New York City tomfoolery and he could assemble one last great live set (archived material still on deck of course).

But back to the topic . . . frankly another chapter in the Egypt Station series coming out is the furthest thing from my mind.

I wonder how many people will cry foul if he tries yet another go around with those sessions. Yet another version of the album would seem quite tacky.

Artistically he should be moving on at this point. He isn't one to dwell or get stuck in a rut.

A part of me though still wants those ES band demos. Plus who knows what other song nuggets never made it past that demo stage.

There may be more worthy material in the Egypt Station catacombs but I advise you Paul to tread lightly on how you put it out. Releasing yet another version with more exclusive material might bring the mummy's curse upon you

8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

According to the retail listing that leaked FP is July 24th which would mean we are probably months off from an official announcement

9. Correct, probably not before the Let It Be release...

10. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I read that to mean a new album of tracks [mostly] from ES sessions. Throw in a few new numbers and give us 12-14 new songs with a title that has nothing to do with ES, and there should be no complaints because... all new material!

Not saying it will happen, just... theoretically.

11. omikron

Yes that would be the ideal thing of course. Good point.

jmxw likes this.
  12. omikron

Boy what if it turns out that one guy was right all along and we get a new set of songs including such hits as:

Quarters
    The Church We Never Went
    Confidante II

13. He can call it whatever he want... but not resell me again Egypt Station 1 tracks... Egypt Station 2 will be fine for me...

14. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

:shh:

;)

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  15. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Paul McCartney Egypt Station Archive Collection :)

16. pokemaniacjunk

pokemaniacjunk Forum Resident

I hear it contains everything in the Egypt Station suitcase with the RSD Black Friday single wrapped in exclusive limited Egypt Station wrapping paper :D

Who Cares likes this.
  17. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Paul has been very focused on the musical, writing 20-25 songs so far

18. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

You do realize "Quarters" is an actual unreleased song don't you? Just wondering because I keep seeing it lumped in with those other two fake ones.

A new McCartney song was registered this weekend with ASCAP called "Till We Drop"

Tord, Calico, Wingsfan2012 and 14 others like this.
  19. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

It's available on Spotify...

20. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Is there any way to get alerts about this sort of thing, or do you have to keep checking the list?

21. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

As far as I know you must keep checking the list. I try to do it every few months or so

22. omikron

I do know, mostly because of your old website, sir. Registered 2012. I just lump those three together for the odd Antivenom fellow who was with us for a while.

macca sessions intro

Here was his little list of recent recordings from an old post:

23. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Is Paul now writing jingles for some funeral home?

;)

24. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

It's from a new series of songs collaborating with other famous artists on variants of their old songs:
    [​IMG]

:magoo:

Arnold Grove and Bemagnus like this.
  25. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

It should be Till we drop(a new deluxe Egypt Station)
    :)

Bill and jmxw like this.