Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

OOOOOOOh... I WAS wondering :)

I was just thinking 'Decaffeinated man, decaffeinated...' :D

Hope you feel better soon Bro! May I suggest perhaps a pint or two...?

imarcq likes this.
  2. latheofheaven

I'm getting the feeling that right now he strongly resembles your Avatar...

imarcq and ptijerm like this.
  3. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

If that's the case, there's no hope for him. We better start writing his eulogy.

imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  4. latheofheaven

Yeah, good idea... I think I will follow the template of John Cleese's Eulogy for Graham Chapman...

[​IMG]

imarcq and ptijerm like this.
  5. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I'm not dead yet! ;)

6. imarcq

[​IMG]

7. imarcq

8. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Omron, imarcq and superstar19 like this.
  9. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Thanks for this I got a copy for £7.66.
    It’s one LP with the CD included.

imarcq likes this.
  10. imarcq

Well spotted. It's often a good idea to check Music Magpie listings on their own site, and also their eBay store, especially if you see they are listing the same item, often for more, on Amazon marketplace. :)

Almost Simon and latheofheaven like this.
  11. imarcq

By way of a suggestion...

From £13....click through to various marketplace sellers!

4CD/1DVD boxset John Power (Cast/The La's) The Complete Studio Recordings 2002 - 2015 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UKC2PK6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_WZrpEbV7BD6W0

Also from Amazon USA $16 marketplace
    Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Complete Studio Recordings 2002-15

[​IMG]
    Description
    Product Description

John Power first made his mark on the UK pop scene as bassist with renowned Liverpudlian quartet The La's. After leaving The La's, Power formed a new group called Cast. The timing of band's emergence was perfect, chiming with the mid-1990s rise of Britpop and, with guitar-based kindred spirits such as Oasis and Blur dominating the charts, Cast's first two LPs, All Change (released in 1995 and reputedly Polydor's biggest-selling debut album) and '97's Mother Nature Calls both sold over 1,000,000 copies. Edsel released deluxe reissues of all four Cast albums early in 2014 After Cast split in 2001, Polydor put on offer on the table for John Power to record as a solo artist, but at the time he'd had enough of the whole business and felt he just had to get out. Power finally released his solo debut, Happening For Love, the first of the three full-length albums featured in this box, in June 2003. Producer for the album was John Leckie, whose numerous production credits include Magazine, The Fall and The Stone Roses' seminal debut LP as well as both Cast and The La's. With the distance provided by hindsight, John views Happening For Love as representing "the last remnants of the Cast sound", Released in October 2006, Power's second solo LP, the stripped-back Willow She Weeps could hardly have been more different from Happening For Love. Ranging from lonesome country-blues, through to infectious and stomping fare, it's a gutsily authentic, Americana-flavoured LP full of spirit and heart. Stormbreaker is the third and (to date) last of John Power's three solo LPs, but while it's billed as a solo record, it's actually the sound of The John Power Band firing on all cylinders. Originally released in January 2008, it has become hard to find and expensive to buy. Its reappearance here shows that it's an absolute gem. Stormbreaker is a glorious extension of the roots-y, neo-Delta blues-rock sound of Willow She Weeps. It's full of dirt and grit and remains thrillingly raw. Produced by John Leckie, Cast returned with an all-new studio album, Troubled Times, in 2012, but John Power has also continued to work on solo material (all in tandem with guitarist Jay Lewis). The fourth disc in the box homes in on John and Jay's stripped-back side project, with seven tracks recorded in December 2014's The Mariner Sessions. Intimate, acoustic versions of selected songs from Happening For Love and Willow She Weeps sit side by side with previously unreleased tunes including the bouncy Station Master and the wistful, melancholic When Did It Start. In addition the CD includes a spirited Janice Long radio session and several previously unreleased songs from the 2006 Willow She Weeps sessions. Also included in this box set is a DVD which includes intimate in-studio footage of John Power and Jay Lewis recording The Mariner Sessions, and extended interviews with John Power covering those sessions and indeed his complete solo career.

12. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Sorry my quote didn’t work.
    I was talking about the Wild Belle ISLES album.

renato, latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  13. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

The Giant Sand 8 vinyl album box set is now only £42.04 on amazon uk.
    [​IMG]

PhantomStranger, hutlock and imarcq like this.
  14. imarcq

That Sandy! ;)

latheofheaven likes this.
  15. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Whats the difference between the standard 4 LP box set and amazon 4LP exclusive box set ?

Notice it’s now £18.70.

[​IMG]
    That is a real bargain.
    If only all records could sound as good as these fabulous quiet pressings.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    superstar19 likes this.
  16. imarcq

This might be fun...

You might first want to check out Guida beforehand... they are filed under Kiss, Sweet, Slade and goodtime Indie/Punk Glam Rock and Roll!

Guida E.V.A. $16 from Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NHPYQ1J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cwzpEbG5Q82R3

I'm not sure how similar Zac are to Guida however.....but it's the same guitarist and production duo. :)

Zac [VINYL] £10.99
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WFJ97BN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uezpEbKCY9JRW

[​IMG]

Product Description
    Featuring Lorenzo from Giuda! You couldn't wish for a happier landing than a touchdown in the colourful and offbeat world of Zac. Born in the Torpignattara neighbourhood of Rome on a night lit by an uncommonly beautiful rainbow, our four pop heroes must have quaffed the best Italian wines and ingested the most hallucinogenic of food stuffs to fuel such wild dreams. The phantasmagorical world of Zac is a place where stellar pop melodies crash into the Spector Wall of Sound and are rescued and restored to life with a sweet and strong backbeat of Rhythm & Blues. Lorenzo Moretti (Giuda's guitarist and creative mind) has teamed with Tiziano Tarli (multi-instrumentalist and music historian) to put together the songs. Pablo (Tiziano's son) is the powerful drummer and classically trained percussionist, and Sterbus is undoubtedly one of the most stylish bass players in town, and provides the perfect rhythmic balance for the band. Their quirky pop journey starts here and is well worth hopping on board for. Brought to you by Rome's finest, the stainless steel duo Silvestri & Moretti, producers of the entire Giuda back catalogue, Zac's debut single and album will be released on October 11th and November 15th, respectively, by London's finest, Damaged Goods Records. Zac are poised to attack…

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  17. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

That Guida album was $5 & change a few weeks ago on Amazon. Well worth the price!

latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  18. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Rick’s 5 Classic Albums CD box set is £5.00.
    [​IMG]

19. imarcq

Yep..I bought one too....that's what led me to find the Zac album! :)

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  20. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Yes, its lunacy. Both boxes are exactly the same except that the exclusive version contains a signed photo. Nothing else.

The choice is yourn. You can pay over fifty pounds for the photo-free one or now just eighteen quid and change for the exclusively exclusive version with extra exclusivity.

Bargain of 2020 ? So far, yes. Great records !

21. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

It’s a massed produced printed signed B&W photo.
    Worth nothing now and will still be worth nothing in many years to come.
    The records on the other hand are four of the best quality pressings I’ve heard for years that didn’t cost a kidney.
    Probably more by accident but I’m very pleased with mine :edthumbs:

22. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Exactly.

23. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Wait - the photo is not actually signed by Bill Wyman (as in a genuine autograph that he signed one at a time for all 500)? If so, the language of the listing is very misleading:

This Exclusive Edition will contain a print signed by Bill Wyman himself and limited to 500 copies.

24. imarcq

OK I'm in. Can't wait to get my exclusively exclusive signed Bill exclusive facsimile print :) and the records too! :)

25. culabula

culabula Unread author.

You’ll be the King of Bromley and environs.