Rolling Stones 2020 North America Tour postponed..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MRamble, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nomadicarchivist

Nomadicarchivist Forum Resident

TOTALLY irrelevant..

Best "selling" and best overall are two different animals.

Especially when you consider the transition away from the actual selling of singles

If you would like to find someone who thinks the Texas 1978 concert film shows a better sounding live band than the Gimmie Shelter, C. Blues or Ladies and Gentlemen films do then I am all ears but i would suspect that they were just trying to be contrarian

Again though, my original point is that Jagger missed out on an epic opportunity to make the band better than ever by having ALL THREE guitarists up there at the same time Taylor, Richards and Wood..

Simply no debate about it

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  2. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

HIC Arena, Honolulu Hawaii. Four miles by bike at 3:00 am to line up to buy one ticket. I was 12 years old. My parents had no idea where I went.

3. Randy5554

Randy5554 Forum Resident

Miss You on the last tour was almost exactly the perfect length for me to briskly walk from the floor up the stairs to the concourse, wait in line for the restroom, wait in line for a beer, and then make it back in time for the opening of Midnight Rambler.

coniferouspine, Sean, vcpj and 4 others like this.
  4. Sam

Sam Senior Member

LOL. Ok, I'm sure you and I would both rock out at a Stones show. And like I said, if most people are standing, absolutely stand and enjoy. Just don't be the guy, the ONLY guy that stands in a sea of people sitting, and when asked to sit, turns and gives everyone the finger. Lol. I saw that happen once and he was pelted with more stuff than you can imagine.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  5. Nomadicarchivist

Midnight Rambler is my Stones bathroom song..

Seems to drag for days..

6. Sam

Sam Senior Member

So, Mick and the boys are coming to my area--Buffalo, NY on June 6th. Any idea what they may be playing this time around? Can I hope for Sister Morphine and Dead Flowers?

7. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

I must be out of the loop because I didn’t know people hated Miss You. I’ll take a 15 minute jammed out version at every show I go to, even if it’s not a Rolling Stones show.

Jmac1979, MRamble and ssmith3046 like this.
  8. Sam

Sam Senior Member

It was New Year's eve, so I completely understand people standing at that time. However, for all other concerts, they can't sell tickets "with seats" and then state if you can't stand please don't attend. That's why it was kinda nice years ago when all concerts had both open floor and sits. For those who want to stand and dance, the floor was wide open. Of course, at almost all the concerts I was at, they constantly had to tell the crowd to move back from the stage as the people up front were getting crushed. I remember one guy telling me he was in so tight, he couldn't move to get out. The guy behind him was drunk and proceeded to pull out a part of his anatomy and literally pissed all over this guy in front of him. Lol. He couldn't move and was screaming, but couldn't get away. I laugh when I think of this story. At least they were both standing!

9. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

I'm your huckleberry.

davers and MPLRecords like this.
  10. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I saw them two nights out of three some years back. Keith had the same joke: Toronto! It's great to be here! But you know what I'm like, it's great to be anywhere!

:D

11. Jack

Jack Senior Member

I heard they’re playing Satanic Majesties in its entirety

ARK, Sean, MrGrumpy and 2 others like this.
  12. Nomadicarchivist

No ur not... Again, the original point is that the Stones would be better if ALL 3 guitars (Taylor, Wood and Richards) were in the band together..

No "huckleberries" or to be more correct "Hackie Bearer's" need apply..

13. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

The only people worse than the “solo dancer” are (1) the people who don’t really care about the music so they talk through the show, like the woman behind me at Paul Simon’s Hyde Park concert, who spent most of it talking about her vacation in Brazil (“they have a restaurant built in a huge tree!”), and (2) the guy in front of you who records the entire show with his screen on bright. Like can you believe this guy with his two devices, blocking my view of Ronnie playing some damn great licks? Well, just hearing that makes me want to be in San Diego for the opener.

Stormrider77, TonyCzar and Davido like this.
  14. showtaper

showtaper Concert Hoarding Bastard

Unfortunately we don't live in that world anymore. Every choice is all or nothing, no middle ground. Almost any thread that lasts more than a few pages here enters that territory..........

twicks likes this.
  15. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Ha!

I've "only" seen Spice Girls 25 times - that gets them to 10th place on my list!

16. stanlove

stanlove Forum Resident

17. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Yes, the first is easily verifiable, the second is entirely subjective. You claim to speak for the 'majority of Stones fans', so what evidence do you have to prove your assertions? When it comes to ponying up the money for albums, Some Girls is the bet selling studio album, and Hot Rocks is the best selling compilation! If you had argued from the standpoint of critical acclaim, you may have had a case, but the critics also laud Out Of Our Heads, Aftermath, Beggar's, Let It Bleed, Some Girls and Tattoo You!

Why? They, like you, would merely be expressing a preference!

Because you have closed your mind to alternative viewpoints. Jagger missed out on nothing. He's highly attuned to his audience, and the fact is that many in attendance had no idea who Mick Taylor was, so trotting him out for a few songs each night added little to the enjoyment of the crowds.

You mean the Mick Taylor feature song? How ironic!

ARK, MRamble, Sean and 4 others like this.
  18. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

Perhaps the most masturbatory Stones song of all. Can't stand it, though I've tried. Guess I'm not a true fan. LOL

Nomadicarchivist likes this.
  19. Jack

Jack Senior Member

You’re def not a Legacy member!

MrGrumpy likes this.
  20. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

[​IMG]

Sean, Bryan Harris and Jack like this.
  21. Nomadicarchivist

Not itonic at all. Mick Taylor is "featured " in DOZENS of the best Stones songs..

Jagger dragging it out into a long boring vamp is what kills it..
    Zzzzz

22. Nomadicarchivist

Umm.. So you think that Voodoo Lounge by itself is BETTER than ALL of these??
    Its Only Rock n Roll?
    Satanic Majesties
    Get Yer Ya Ya's
    Beggars Banquet
    Through the Past Darkly
    Etc etc...

Lol

23. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

I love it, I bet you have a boot of that set alongside some truly great memories!

24. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

It was historic when Rush played a cover for the first time in decades and then few years later they released a covers EP. But this was totally surprising and a really special treat for Rush fans. The fact that they were tipping their cap to the Stones by playing Paint it Black just made it even more awesome.

AC/DC destroyed the place and then like a dream The Stones came out and showed everyone who was in charge. Best $20 I ever spent!

edenofflowers, budwhite, Sean and 2 others like this.
  25. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

I would buy tickets if that was true...

All Down The Line likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.