Van Morrison - Best 90s Album Poll!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Aar Gal, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

A few good ones in this poll.
    I chose A Night In San Francisco...great energetic live Van.
    Healing Game and Back On Top are also great.
    Hymns To The Silence has some great cuts as well.

2. Aar Gal

Aar Gal Monkberry Moon Delight Thread Starter

Any How Long Has This Been Going On fans out there? It’s the only one without a vote

3. newelectricmuse

newelectricmuse charm, strangeness and quark

Yes, I really like it! I play it quite a lot. But my one vote is precious and I had to give it to Hymns to the Silence...

Aar Gal likes this.
  4. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

I have to admit to only having heard 56% of the above titles. Of those I've heard I like Enlightenment but I really, really like The Healing Game.

5. AGimS

AGimS Forum Resident

I have loved Enlightenment since its release in 1990. Something special about that record, for me...

Solace and JohnB like this.
  6. JohnB

JohnB Senior Member

Don't know what it is? ;)

7. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

The Healing Game...

Just like his run of desultory records 1975-1978 before Into The Music (1979) this same thing occurred from 1980-1996 & finally out of nowhere Van The Man delivers the goods on THG...

And once again it became impossible to get out of the way of his performances...

The last record where Van had something to say that really mattered....4 / 5 stars

8. Waymore Lonesome

Waymore Lonesome Forum Resident

Well I'm sure that take's sure to get some lovely responses. Back on Top is probably my favourite, Enlightenment I listened to last night, but Hymns seems a reasonably easy choice for me. I used to absolutely love A Night In San Francisco, Days Like This and The Healing Game, that whole period seems like a distinct phase, 93-98.

9. Jem

Jem Forum Resident

Healing Game takes this for me. A wonderful record that easily sits in my Top Ten Van albums. It pips Enlightenment, Hymns, Days and Back On Top. Some many incredible songs in this decade. Take Me Back from Hymns, Ancient Highway from Days and Piper At The Gates of Dawn all make my current dream Setlist. A very strong decade. Immense live shows particularly 97.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.