New Bond Theme Song 'No Time To Die' by Billie Eilish

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by YMC4, Feb 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing Thread Starter

'thought they would go with Lana Del Rey this time but they decided to go with younger version in Billie.
    it's alright but...little too bleak to be considered one the greats, perhaps tone of the movie itself is that dark.

2. rischa

rischa Forum Resident

I think it's brilliant. I'm glad my kids got to miss the Jonas Bros. era and have Billie Eilish instead. She has real talent and star power.

3. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

A really somber tone.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  4. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

5. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Saying it’s a somber tune is a compliment. It only becomes a Bond tune half way through, and by then you’re asleep...

Booooooring....

6. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Really liking this song !!

7. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

It's not bad. It's got a decent hook. But it's not as good as Adele's "Skyfall", and that song cleverly incorporated the classic Bond theme into it.

8. finslaw

finslaw muzak to my ears

This must be the demo she did at 3 in the morning in an apartment with thin walls. Soon she will record the real one at a studio where she will feel free to, you know, sing.

thnkgreen, lordcat, EddieT and 7 others like this.
  9. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

I like it very much, including the singing.

L.

10. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

the singing is sensational

11. finslaw

finslaw muzak to my ears

y subdued for a Bond song.

12. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

I think it is quite good. Harmonically some really cool chord movements going on and the vibe is very dark and totally fitting for a Bond movie

Of course though, this is a young and recent pop star so I just know this comment section is going to most likely turn into a dumpster fire at some point lol so I just hope it can stay logical and respectful for as long as it possible can

13. FrankenStrat

FrankenStrat Forum Resident

Where's Shirley Bassey when you need her? C'mon Shirl, belt out that theme song.

14. Love it. Spooky moody sexy.

15. I guess you don’t know her style.

16. HotelYorba101

Why not? The song totally works for the more somber elements that make up a Bond movie. It is a nice change

bumbletort likes this.
  17. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

It fits Daniel Craig's Bond that's for sure!

18. Devin

Devin Time's Up

Excellent Bond theme. Sophisticated and dark in that classic 007 way. Billie and Finneas did an amazing job. Others agree:

“Billie and Finneas have written an incredibly powerful and moving song for ‘No Time To Die,’ which has been impeccably crafted to work within the emotional story of the film,” producers of the film Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli said in a statement.

“There are a chosen few who record a Bond theme. I am a huge fan of Billie and Finneas. Their creative integrity and talent are second to none, and I cannot wait for audiences to hear what they’ve brought – a fresh new perspective whose vocals will echo for generations to come,” “No Time To Die” director Cary Joji Fukunaga said in a statement.

19. finslaw

finslaw muzak to my ears

The y was to be attached to the quoted posters word "sensational." The only time I remember a Bond theme song lacking true belting was Sam Smith, which was the last one. So no, not a change at all. More a continued slap in the face to a long running franchises tradition of big voices singing big choruses.

20. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Lana's theme song... "Bond... James F'n Bond".... ;)

AFA, Stone Turntable, ARK and 5 others like this.
  21. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

Song reminds of Japan's 1979 track Despair. Similar mood as well, lyrics not considered - liked this more than I anticipated

enro99, The Revealer and zen archer like this.
  22. Devin

Devin Time's Up

Johnny Marr plays guitar on this track. Hans Zimmer and Matt Dunkley assisted Finneas with the orchestral arrangement. Very nice job all around.

tug_of_war, bug2362, RSteven and 9 others like this.
  23. HotelYorba101

The song is great and fits the Bond vibe well, albiet differently than what maybe one would immediately expect.

Plus the song itself will fit into the movie, I am interested to see the scene it will play over. I am sure it plays like that for good reason cinematically as well

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Babysquid, BeatleJWOL and Devin like this.
  24. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

That is a slow burn for sure. Billie has a beautiful voice, but more of it would be nice.

I like it but I don't think it's going to be a top theme, even among the Craig films; You Know My Name and Skyfall are still top tier Bond songs.

Bottom of the pile for me are still things like For Your Eyes Only, License to Kill. Just so we're all on the same page. :)

FillmoreGuy, RSteven and Babysquid like this.
  25. jeroemba

jeroemba Forum Resident

Not bad but that's not very exciting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.