Barnes & Noble in-store Bl. Fri. music deals?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Black Elk, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAMusic

HAMusic Active Member

Newby’s first post. I somehow stumbled upon this forum in search of info on the B&N 50%off SALE.
    You have all helped me gather some great additions to my (mostly) classic vinyl collection. Some were LP’s that I missed because I either had the CD or another format.
    I’ve seen everyone’s “I got this” list and videos and I just wanted to post mine, if that’s cool. So, rather than a list, here are photos.
    LASTLY, kudos to JspMike for tirelessly listing ALL the LP’s available at his B&N store. Thanks, man!
    Okay, forgive my self indulgence. I am excited to have these (22) carefully selected albums.

hutlock and Jspmike like this.
  2. dee

dee Senior Member

The store closing has a display area not a dept. Maybe 100 LPs. Some good titles. But they are sending them all to other stores or their whse. Found out today those LPs will not be part of this stores closing sale at 50% off. Rats...at least I know, it will save me from going back there with 1 week left that they are open.

black sheriff likes this.
  3. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

LASTLY, kudos to JspMike for tirelessly listing ALL the LP’s available at his B&N store. Thanks, man!
    Okay, forgive my self indulgence. I am excited to have these (22) carefully selected albums.[/QUOTE]

No problem! So happy to hear you were able to add some great records to your collection!

Shawn, Tjazz, HAMusic and 3 others like this.
  4. dee

dee Senior Member

There is a 15% off store 1 item coupon and online 15% entire order coupon. So, if in-store maybe you can still get 40% off 1 of the 25% off albums?

Jspmike and superstar19 like this.
  5. Richard Maryanski

Richard Maryanski Forum Resident

Are all the LP's that were at 50% off now marked to 25% off ? Some returned to fill price ?

6. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I believe that all the vinyl that was 50% has come down to 25% - at least that is what has happened in my store. None of the titles have gone back up to full price.

Richard Maryanski likes this.
  7. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I have read and been told that the coupon will not work on top of the 25%. I have not tried it out for myself though.

Barnes & Noble has a 10% off vinyl sale lasting until close of Business hours on Monday night. This again will not work on the 25% titles. However the coupon does work on top of the 10% sale. I was lucky enough to have a 25% coupon with my membership so got The The “Soul Mining” box on vinyl for a great price!!!

longdist01, Shawn, hutlock and 2 others like this.
  8. davers

davers Forum Resident

I picked up Rush's Moving Pictures LP today and was happy to see that extra 10% promo stacked on top of the 25% coupon + 10% membership discount. My local has a good vinyl selection so I'll be heading back for a couple more titles this weekend...I noticed a handful of recent Rhino colored vinyl releases in the bins (Ramones, Replacements, Sex Pistols, Uncle Tupelo, etc.).

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Davidmk5, superstar19 and Jspmike like this.
  9. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Once again the two hour commute necessitated a bathroom break at the Escondido BN off the I-15. Picked up Regina Spektor's Remember Us To Life for about $19 it was 25% off plus the membership discount works so all 25% off titles are about 30% off if you have a membership. Plus there is a 25% off coupon for Presidents day I can still use so more vinyl later! By the way the Spektor album was pressed in the Netherlands and sounds great in case you were wondering.

Jspmike likes this.
  10. fmfxray373

I took my 25% coupon to the Temecula BN and found Past Masters by the Beatles for $35.99. When I checked out they took off the 25% plus the 10% membership and the 10% off for the vinyl sale they were having.
    It came to $23.77...I had been waiting to score an Optimal pressing for a good price. So if you are a member, have the PRESDAY 25% coupon and a member the vinyl is about 40% off although you need to add your state and local tax in. Sale ends on Monday I think. I don't think they gave me all the discounts last night in Escondido when I bought the Spektor record.

11. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

I would like to report my local B&N DID NOT stack the discounts/coupon. The clerk called over TWO managers and BOTH said that since the vinyl is on sale (10% off) no further reductions/discounts in price can occur. The MOST I could have gotten off would have been 10% + 10% (Membership discount), so I walked.

12. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Gonzo Party Member

Very strange. Mine stacked everything, even the 25% coupon, just a bit ago.

fmfxray373 and Jspmike like this.
  13. voxstarstream

voxstarstream Forum Resident

Mine stacked as well. With the 10% sale, the 10% member discount and the 25% member coupon I managed to get Pink Floyd "Meddle" for 17 bucks!

14. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Did the clerk try scanning the coupon through the register or did they just automatically say "No"? At the store I work at the coupon has been working fine on all vinyl purchases including an expensive Chet Baker box set. Sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience.

Crazysteve likes this.
  15. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Gonzo Party Member

Well played! I finally captured Physical Graffiti for 24 bones with the triple discount. Plus 2 Rush, Floyd’s Animals and David Gray. It’s been a discount bonanza at that joint the past few months.

16. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

The clerk did this: first he scanned my B&N member card, then the album, then the coupon and the coupon wouldn't scan after multiple tries. The coupon was printed on the HIGHEST quality setting on my printer, so that wasn't the issue. After multiple tries he called over one supervisor who then contacted the store's manager who said almost immediately that the 10% off vinyl sale makes the coupon not applicable. There were no more tries to scan the coupon. I'm going to go with the first employee doping something wrong at the register because he was very confused about the whole process and gave up pretty quickly and called for help almost immediately. Second day on the job? Lucky me. :(

17. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

The
    I thiink you are right - something was done incorrectly with this transaction. If the coupon will not scan the clerk should have typed the code into the register that should appear below the barcode on the coupon.

Before the sale went live I had thought that the coupon was not going to stack but did a rest run before I turned anybody down.

fmfxray373, dee and superstar19 like this.
  18. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

I was able to stack today at my local and picked up Emmylou Harris Red Dirt Girl(marked 25%) and Elton John Caribou(marked 50%) for a total of $25 and some change...very slim pickings but happy with what I got

19. fmfxray373

I went to the south Corona Store (The Crossings) just off the I-15 a few miles south of the 91 since I had been looking for the Shin's The Worm's Heart and had found out on the website it was in stock there.
    This store has a pretty big selection of 25% off vinyl and I was able to pick up the Shins album for $16.99 and George Harrison's Thirty Three & 1/3 for $15.52 after both the 25% off sale and membership coupons were applied. The 10% membership price is taken after the 25% discount is so the actual discount is 33%. Still a heck of a deal. I would say they have about 150-200 LPs on discount.

So if you are near the Inland Empire and bored check it out lol.

20. I finally got a chance to re-vist my local B&N since the 50% off sale. Like others have mentioned with their stores, everything's been re-stickered to 25% off. I noticed a handful of titles have been re-stocked but nothing of note. And certainly nothing there at 25% off that I didn't already pass on when it was 50% off.

dee, voxstarstream and Jspmike like this.
  21. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

Very interesting article here regarding the reorganization of Barnes & Noble: Barnes & Noble’s New Plan Is to Act Like an Indie Bookseller

This bit here probably helps to explain the big vinyl sale:

...Barnes & Noble will shrink the space it allocates to miscellany, including its CD and DVD section, replacing it with expanded children’s and young adult sections.

davers, DLD, Davidmk5 and 3 others like this.
  22. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

Sort of telling that CD and DVD is called miscellany

GentleSenator likes this.
  23. fmfxray373

My Barnes and Noble is still getting new vinyl though. As a member I bought the Boss's Devils and Dust yesterday. I got 10% off right off the bat and then I used a coupon for 20% so I saved $8.63 off the list $30.99.
    If you are looking for the recent reissue of the Rising check out your local BNs. It is a great reissue. Plus if you are into the Who BN has both the Kids Are Alright and the 1979 Quadrophenia reissue. Both are really good records, the latter having some really nice Quadrophenia remixes. I will really miss the records when they stop selling them.

Shawn, davers, Jspmike and 2 others like this.
  24. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

At the very least, I hope they continue to maintain online vinyl sales. In my experience, orders always arrive quickly and well packaged.

25. fmfxray373

The few I have ordered from them online seem to arrive faster than Amazon.

Shawn and jason202 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.