Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Here' s a summary of my nine

4 bucks

Outlaws live
    Accept balls
    Manahuvshi inner

12 bucks

Genesis bbc lost radio recordings
    Lucinda redo sweet old world
    Lee Hazelwood requiem

13 bucks

Mandolin Orange tears
    Marc Bolan before trex stuff
    Sacred sounds Raw Detroit gospel 1969 to 1974

Thanks all fun stuff fun hunting these cds

2. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Sorry, I misunderstood. But you are correct that there are no subcategories beyond simply music and cds. It's almost like the thinking in record stores that dump all artists into a rack with a single letter rather than separating out major artists. More digging more things you may buy on impulse. Irritating, but may also be worth the search for some good stuff .. .

3. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

I wish that Genesis was an official BBC release. I'd pay $12 with no second thought if it was.

Greenalishi likes this.
  4. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Boot lots of these radio broadcast lately I thought it was some kind of. Gray area to release concerts that were recorded on a live radio broadcast But I guess or just plain old boots. There was a discussion in here. About these Can't remember the exact conclusion. But I guess they are just boots.

I love live Genesis more than the studio stuff to me. They get a little too precious in the studio. I love hearing that first Gabriel lineup live.

moomoomoomoo and latheofheaven like this.
  5. moomoomoomoo

They are legal in the UK. My understanding is the letter of the law (lol) is no soundboards, must actually be recorded from a radio (don't know if digital broadcast qualifies). I've found the sound varies from mediocre to Good+

Greenalishi and latheofheaven like this.
  6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

7. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

8. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

They are legal in the EU

latheofheaven, Greenalishi and imarcq like this.
  9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

As mentioned, the EU passed a law making bootlegs created from radio broadcasts legal.

If you feel compelled to put money in the pockets of the bootleggers, you can buy these. Otherwise, you can usually download them from the Internet and cut out the middleman--and get the same quality, since you're getting the "master" that they used. The artist and label don't get compensated in either case, so the choice is yours.

ispace, moomoomoomoo, eddiel and 2 others like this.
  10. moomoomoomoo

In that case, with "Brexit" will they still be legal in the UK? An interesting "Double Standard" is that Amazon USA sells these even though they are illegal in the USA.

latheofheaven and Greenalishi like this.
  11. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Hey there, does anyone else remember like a billion months ago (actually last May) when Amazon mistakenly took preorders for the MFSL SACD of the J Geils Band’s The Morning After for $9.98?

I got a shipping notice today, says I’ll have it between March 6 and March 25. Color me impressed because I thought there was no way in hell I’d ever really get this thing. Happy Valentine’s Day!

12. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Played mine yesterday and it sounds GREAT!!!!

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Awesome news! I love this album and as much as I wish I had it already, I think I can wait a bit longer to get it for 10 bucks.

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  14. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

I also got an email shipping update on it today, to arrive between March 3 - 19. Woo hoo!

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  15. moomoomoomoo

I've found that sometimes Amazon honors mistakes & sometimes they don't. I wonder if the 3rd world cs just never notices some of the mistakes?

latheofheaven likes this.
  16. Mr.Mustache

Mr.Mustache Forum Resident

Thanks for the info on the buy 2 get one deal. I just scored The Beatle's "Revolver," "Rubber Soul," and "Sgt. Pepper's". Pink Floyd's DSOTM and "Relics". Jimi Hendrix's "Band of Gypsies" and "The Best Of". CCR's "Cronical" and Santana's "Africa Speaks." I love you guys for saving me some $$$ But now I got to explain to my Wife how I spent all this money to save money.

17. elsanto

elsanto Forum Resident

I finally bit on the buy 2 get 1 deal
    Runaways ST 21.64
    Runaways Queens of Noise 22.80
    Santana Africa Speaks 19.99

If anyone is into them...I noticed the new reissue of Canned Heat Future Blues 21.99 is also part of the deal. I bought this weeks ago and it sounds great (imho).

18. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

You have to speak in their language. It's not how much you spent, it's how much you saved. Wow honey! I saved $150 today.

19. fiftyfivefilms

fiftyfivefilms Forum Resident

20. Mr.Mustache

Mr.Mustache Forum Resident

Marriage psychology GOLD!

slipkid, Matt I, hutlock and 4 others like this.
  21. fiftyfivefilms

fiftyfivefilms Forum Resident

Damm!! She Demons just went up 4 bucks!

Greenalishi likes this.
  22. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I received shipping notice this morning too.

23. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

24. moomoomoomoo

I just was given a fairly large Amazon gift card. Would appreciate mention of any killer hi-res audio deals (SACD, DVD-A, blu-ray audio) &/or killer box sets.

Greenalishi likes this.
  25. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Sounds like “free” is a pretty killer deal, regardless of how you use it. If you have a $100 gift card and buy $200 of SACDs (not on sale), you’re still getting them for 50% off by my way of thinking.

Greenalishi, hutlock, ispace and 2 others like this.