Madonna: Madame X - album released 14th June 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bink, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Bink

Bink Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have just created one.

Crimson Witch likes this.
  2. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

Madonna has cancelled the 20th and 25th February dates in Paris. This tour has not really gone so well

3. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last night at Palladium - don't ask me how..

4. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

How?:D

5. Bink

It appears that the remaining concerts from the tour have been cancelled following guidance by the French government on how to tackle the coronavirus.

So aside from the expected blu ray of the concert filmed in Lisbon it looks like the Madame X era is over.

6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Thank God. I don't think the album/tour were a catastrophe - the shows were well-regarded, even if I remained lukewarm toward them - but it really felt like a curse hung over Madonna the whole time.

All the bad press about the late starts, all the cancellations...

7. Bink

Yeah it's been a rocky road. Can you imagine what the Truth or Dare style documentary would be like if they made one!

aseriesofsneaks and ejluther like this.
  8. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

That's not a curse; those are self-inflected wounds.

9. Oatsdad

The late starts? Yeah, that's all on her.

The cancellations? I guess you could blame Madonna for "playing through pain" and apparently making her injuries worse, but I won't call that self-inflicted in the same way as those stupid late start times...

Jmac1979 and George Co-Stanza like this.
  10. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Perhaps, but one could argue that she bit off more than she could chew by scheduling so many shows on consecutive nights. Granted, maybe she thought, "I can still do it," and had to learn the hard way that she now cannot. I don't fault her for not "playing through the pain," as she is only human and you have to take care of yourself. The late starts, though, seemed to piss off a lot of people and that is all on her. Once a diva, always a diva.

Jmac1979 likes this.
  11. Oatsdad

I don't know the ins and outs of her injury, but from what I do know, I suspect she would've been okay with the consecutive shows if she'd not gotten hurt.

The consecutives likely exacerbated the injury and didn't allow her time to heal.

If she'd never gotten injured, I think she would've done okay, even with the consecutives...

12. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

You guys are both right. I still love the album though and I think it’s one I’ll revisit over the years. I played her debut a couple nights ago as I haven’t in a long time. It’s an iconic album to be sure, and a very respectable debut, but let’s just say she sure got better over time!

cquiller1, Jmac1979 and ejluther like this.
  13. cquiller1

cquiller1 Forum Resident

I agree. I'm glad this era is over. I hope M takes a long break to rest and recuperate. I also hope she considers a residency in the future. It doesn't have to be in Vegas. Billy Joel has been doing a residency at Madison Square Garden for years now. Madonna lives in New York, so I think that would be good for her.

Jrr likes this.
  14. Oatsdad

But Joel also tours a fair amount. The "residency" is just 1 show a month at MSG, so it's not like he settles into a venue for 10 shows a month.

I think the "X" tour was Madonna's version of a residency.

I suspect her next tour will be more traditional. The "X" tour didn't work as hoped so I suspect the next tour will be back in arenas and ala "Reinvention" will be her mea culpa to fans...

Psychedelic Good Trip and bob60 like this.
  15. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member

The rainbow picture disc vinyl pressing of Madame X is now $26.82 on amazon, so I went ahead and ordered it today. It might drop even lower, but I didn't want to take any chances. Can't be that many copies of it out there.

rfkavanagh likes this.
  16. rfkavanagh

rfkavanagh Unashamedly Pop!

Thanks - I grabbed a copy, too. I've had it in my cart for months and it still shows at nearly $50 when sold by Amazon, so at first I was coming up with conspiracy theories of Amazon giving different pricing to different people. For anyone else who doesn't see the price, you can get it for $26.82 from one of the other vendors, but it's a new product and fulfilled by Amazon so you don't pay the $3.99 shipping. Even better, Amazon has upped their reward for no-rush shipping, so I got $3 in digital credit as well. Pretty good deal!

fsutall likes this.
  17. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up. $26 I can do, $60 was utterly ridiculous given how relatively no-frills it is for a picture disc

18. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Almost one year since X's release. 6/14/2019-6/14/2020.

;):cop:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  19. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Deep Discount has this for $19.05.

Madonna Madame X on DeepDiscount

contium likes this.
  20. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Was tempted till I saw it. The artwork seems really nondescript, and it includes none of the art or credits from the original set.

21. contium

contium Forum Resident

Thanks! Already have the black vinyl but can't pass this up at this price.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  22. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I bought it too because it looked pretty -- in addition to the regular vinyl version.

contium likes this.
  23. JRad

JRad Well-Known Member

I got the regular black vinyl at the Brooklyn, N.Y., show we attended- it says Made in Canada. Wonder if all vinyl sold at the show were as such?

That is a great deal for the rainbow vinyl; if I didn't already have the aforemenitoned one, I'd get it (though money from purchases outside of madonna.com probably don't go toward The Trevor Project).

24. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

My copy of X has the made in Canada sticker also. It was not a show bought purchase.

25. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Had a bump this here old thread. Gonna spin this deluxe cd or 2 lp by tonight or tomorrow. I know many hate this album but I'll see if I like it a little more after more than a year after its release.