Survivor 40 'Winners At War'

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Trace, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Trace

Trace Senior Member Thread Starter

Thoughts and comments on the new season of Survivor are welcome here.

I like the token idea.

hifisoup and Freebird like this.
  2. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Glad someone started a thread about the new season.
    I had one going about the last season which turned out to be one of the dullest Survivor seasons ever. Can't even remember who won.
    I have high hopes for this one though.
    Didn't get a chance to watch the first episode yet but will this weekend.
    Let us pray it's a good 'un.

3. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

Last season was the first season I skipped in maybe 10+years, and Survivor was one of the only TV shows I watched a few of those years. I heard the ratings were still good despite me, so I'm glad.

Missed this new premier, I'll give it a shot. Hope they get back to basics.

4. Freebird

Freebird Was 205 pounds, now 215.

Beautiful location, wherever it is.

5. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Spoilers contained in this post in case you haven't watched the episode yet!!

For a group of season winners, I find it strange they chose Natalie as the first evictee. Ambuh was a no-brainer so at least that tribe has a functioning brain. Sandra should go ASAP since she has little chance of battling her way back into the game and Rob should go sooner than later. Did anyone else find Ben's attitude swing from the first episode to the second weird? He seemed scared of his own shadow then did a 180 in the second ep. Almost like there are two of them.

6. maclen

maclen Senior Member

I watched several years of the show at first. I haven’t watched in several years now. But I’m in for this season. At least I know some of the winners.

7. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

I havent watched in ages til midway thru last year when my daughter got interested. So it was fun watching with her, but I havent watched regularly in 15 years? man it was crazy how quickly each team tried to find alliances and pick off someone. Kicking off Amber makes sense from that team, but it could be interesting to see if she can earn coins and advantages on the island to send to Bahston Rahb

8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i have been advocating an all winners season for quite some time now and i cannot tell you how much i am looking forward to what's to come.

i guess amber was the right choice, if her and rob ever get together after the merge, they would be a very tough pair to beat. but, with island of extinction, she could be back, and she has already helped rob with the coin.

the other tribe, WTF, sandra MUST go, sandra should have gone first, they are stupid, stupid stupid.

i am really looking forward to rob's reaction next week when he sees amber gone, holy hell may break loose.

9. Linger63

Linger63 Forum Resident

10. Freebird

Prediction....Rob tears. And pain, lots of pain.

11. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I thought the breakneck pace of this first episode was great. If they don't get rid of Rob and Sandra asap, they are crazy.
    It's my understanding that Richard Hatch was approached but vetoed in light of Dan's shenanigans last season; it was assumed that his penchant for being naked would not be welcomed.

Dan

12. maclen

maclen Senior Member

I was wondering why Hatch wasn’t there. What shenanigans are you speaking of?

13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

prison for tax evasion.

and i read a different account, it said: hatch was never even considered because of his prison term.

maclen likes this.
  14. Wildest cat from montana

He's referring to Dan' s 'touchy-feely ' ways which got him booted out of the last season.

nosticker, Freebird and maclen like this.
  15. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

This is correct. It's almost like the chilling effect that happened post-Janet jackson at the Super Bowl. Would have been great to have him back. I'm kinda disappointed.

Dan

16. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

If they don’t vote off Sandra ASAP they are crazy. She is a mean, lying person who will stick a knife in your back. (Perfect for Survivor!) l agree that once Rob finds out that Amber was voted out he will be a real force. He will get Sandra.

That being said, Rob kept his team in the first challenge with his strength.

17. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I generally make my winners pick from the confessionals but it's still too early. I will say Ben is looking like a contender but I'm not ready to dismiss Adam yet. Sandra is a master sneak and I'm already tired of Rob's godfather shtick.

18. Wildest cat from montana

Finally got a chance to watch the first episode last night.
    What a paranoid bunch ! And maybe they should be.

Freebird likes this.
  19. Freebird

Yes. I’m thinking when the contestants say the game is moving faster they’re referring to the excessively high levels of paranoia amongst the group.

20. Freebird

How is Ben looking like a contender to you? I haven’t observed any particular instance myself which would make me think that. He’s had limited screen times to. I did see him turn to silly putty in Robs hands though.

21. Wildest cat from montana

I don't see any of them as being ahead of the rest.
    I see a few are hell bent on getting rid of certain players but is that sound strategy ?All of them have won the game before which makes them all deadly.

Freebird likes this.
  22. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Already MUCH more entertaining than last season!

23. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I can't explain it other than that their confessionals come off like a sort of over-all narration of what is occurring. Tommy, the winner of the previous edition, had confessionals that stood out just like this and Ben is sending me similar vibes. Still early like I said. I didn't like Ben on his original appearance so hopefully, someone else will stand out better as the series moves along. Right now, I like Adam and Yul. Adam was the voice of reason at tribal and his deadpan delivery is fun.

Freebird likes this.
  24. Freebird

It seems to me there are new production techniques in place on this season unless I'm remembering incorrectly. There have been a few instances of the camera position moving around as if on rails, wires or maybe even a drone.

25. Wildest cat from montana

You have a point there. That last season was a drag. They made way too much out of that whole Dan thing and it brought the show down.

JohnBeas and xdawg like this.