Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Got

Classic Field RecordingsRecordings, 4cd, JSP tecords , 13

2 45s , Hell Beach , Third man rec and jeffrey Turbin. Never heard of either You tubed both dug em. 4 bucks. Hell rock jeffrey old funk.

Temptations , Song for You 4 bucks cd.

Soul headphones 8 bucks

They had floyd rose headphones made from wood at a steep discount. Who knew floyd made more than wammy bars..

2. blewmaearsout

blewmaearsout Forum Resident

Thanks for that advice -- I gave them another try, and ordered 5 titles. Same flimsy box, but things look a-ok. And no customs charge, so no extra dosh to have to shell out to DHL. :pineapple:

3. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

YESSSSS! I was holding stuff in my cart assuming one of these was coming!

Tjazz, SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  5. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Thanks for the clue. Tough to find any reviews on these, but with the 15% off today I decided to give them a whirl. I went for the high priced spread with noise cancelling and two drivers per ear. Only $35 with discount, and while the stated list price might be imaginary they do come with a year warranty and probably cost at least half of what I paid to make. I only really wear headphones at the gym, anyway.

Greenalishi likes this.
  6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Figures, I order twice last week and a 15% coupon appears today.

7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

8. hutlock

Ha. You just gotta be smarter than the calendar, amigo!

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  9. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Ordered 19 titles across 2 orders on Sunday. Got 18 titles, 1 was out of stock. Arrived in Canada this morning by courier with no customs/duty charges. Shipping charges were minimal. I think it was $4 for the first title and $2 for each additional title. I was upset that I missed the 15% off coupon, but for $230 for 18 titles including all delivery charges (28 discs!) I am very happy!

10. hutlock

Hadn’t scrolled through the CDs in a while... lots of Japanese SHM-CD titles in the paper replica sleeves there: Stones, Free, The Band, George Harrison... decent names worth a peek if you’re into those SHM discs.

11. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  12. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

On last Friday, I noticed that the number of CD listings in the Deep Discount Blowout Bin jumped from about 14,000 (from the previous day) to about 19,000 so I spent time digging through the bins. I picked up several of the Japanese SHM discs including Allen Toussaint’s Southern Nights and Fairport Convention’s Unhalfbricking.

Of the 7 discs that I ordered last Friday, 4 went “backorder” later that day so I’m glad that I pulled the trigger on my order. I had debated waiting for a coupon but I didn’t want to risk missing some really good deals. That said, I did place another order this morning using the coupon - which is probably my 8th or 9th romp through the Blowout Bin since last summer. It sort of reminds me of the “old” days of digging through all the obscure import discounted CDs and LPs in the Tower Records clearance bins.

13. hutlock

Nice!!!!

latheofheaven likes this.
  14. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

15. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

These came in today and seem pretty nice. As I said I don't really like headphones so I gave them to my wife, who says they sound great and been happily bopping away all afternoon listening to old favorites on Spotify. I misread about noise cancelling. they're actually "noise isolating" which means they are over the ear headphones. The MSRP quoted for the ones I got (FR52BK) was silly ($350 or something?) - on Floyd's own site they are shown as $150 MSRP/$50 retail. They no longer sell the wood ones on the Floyd site so if they are still there at deepdiscount and you don't mind spending $35-40 on headphones they might be worth a look. I've bought worse phones for $25-35 or so. How are the Soul phones?

16. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

Bloom, superstar19, Tjazz and 2 others like this.
  17. Greenalishi

Just got my Soul headphones

I'll report back on sound quality

8 bucks

The floyds seem cool and twice ive bought 30 buck headphones on amazon i didnt like so i may go for em

I use em on my walk like you at the gym

R. Totale and Juggsnelson like this.
  18. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

The Shelby Lynn I Can't Imagine album is a great listen. Well worth the cheap vinyl price.

floyd, Greenalishi and Juggsnelson like this.
  19. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Thanks for this post. I had never heard of this until your post. I played a few tracks online and took a chance. This is a great set!!! If you are into electronic music with vocals, this is a must buy. It is a great package and the surround mix on the Blu-Ray is very well done. I have it cranked up right now!:edthumbs:

latheofheaven, SJP and aperfecttool like this.
  20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ I too ordered this box on hearing a few snippets. Mine is still en route. Hoping for Saturday delivery. Otherwise, it'll be after the President's Day holiday.

importCDs on eBay offers clues as to stock for stuff like this. When I ordered mine, there were four remaining IIRC. Now it looks as if there is just one left.

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  21. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

PhantomStranger, SJP and hutlock like this.
  22. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

23. Greenalishi

The Soul headphones are great. Nice solid good sound. Pleased for 8 bucks. Good for walking. Tho i wish the wire disconnected rather than permenant type connection. Great buy.

R. Totale and Juggsnelson like this.
  24. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

Is it still good, and if so, what is the coupon code, or is it one of those specific to your account ones?

25. Greenalishi

It ended valentines day i think

Rigoberto likes this.