Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I think the cost of returning it to UK would be prohibitive. £8.09 won't cover it for sure. I'd get a postal quote, write to Amazon UK customer service and say the cost is prohibitive to return a damaged record. They will probably agree and simply refund most or all of the cost and tell you to keep the record anyway or donate to a charity shop. That's my experience when living in Australia where shipping is mega-expensive. I never returned one duff Vinyl to UK as they always refunded saying don't bother! Good luck.

latheofheaven, superstar19 and SJP like this.
  2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ My point exactly except that I never had to talk to anyone. It was automated when I initiated a return.

latheofheaven, superstar19 and imarcq like this.
  3. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature Thread Starter

Yes I had already started it and got as far as I could without submitting it as that was when it said the £8.09 max would be covered upon receipt of the return.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    latheofheaven likes this.
  4. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

As mentioned above, make your replacement order after which just tell them what the true cost is to return it and ask them if they'll cover the postage or should you discard the record? They'll tell you to discard it.

imarcq and superstar19 like this.
  5. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I've received stuff before from Amazon.co.uk that was damaged. When chatting with customer service, I explain that returning items to the UK from North America is cost prohibitive. Rather than have me pay to return the item, they often refund the full amount and request that I either keep the damaged item, discard it or donate it to charity.

imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  6. imarcq

Exactly what I experienced when I lived in Australia.

ptijerm and latheofheaven like this.
  7. imarcq

If you don't get any further with the above, after telling them the postal cost, ask to speak with a supervisor. You might have to wait but it will be worth it.

superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  8. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Years ago I used to buy quite a lot of records from amazon sellers in the US and if they were warped or damaged they would say bin it and send a replacement or give a refund because it cost to much to ship back.
    I think a lot of people started to extract the urine asking for refunds so a few US sellers now have UK based addresses to send faulty vinyl back to.

9. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. Was finally able to navigate to chat, but although I was able to get them to confirm they would cover all return postage regardless of cost, they would not budge on waiving the return.

latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  10. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

Same thing happened to me, even though I'm way closer. On Amazon UK they did tell me to keep the record most of the times, but last one they told me they'd cover all the costs, no matter how much, but they wanted the return.

latheofheaven, superstar19 and imarcq like this.
  11. imarcq

They probably now want to list the duff items as warehouse returns to cut their losses. I've had a few shockers sent listed as "Very Good".

12. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  13. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

14. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Only if your not computer savvy.
    Easy way round that.
    Just Ask any 10 year old in your family with a smart phone.

15. culabula

culabula Unread author.

The BBC iPlayer is also very savvy and detects VPNs and other methods quite quickly, preventing them working, unfortunately.

16. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Something you might try... right-click on the page and (at least using Chrome) you can select 'View page source' Sometimes any video content will be listed as an 'http' link. You might be able to highlight that link itself, for example 'http:...movie.mp4' and right-click on it and select 'go to ...' and it MIGHT open the video file itself in another tab/window. Or, right-click the link/file and choose 'Download' Worth a try...

culabula likes this.
  17. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Sorry but it’s not.
    I’ve got lots of friends around the world that have been using iPlayer for years.
    Maybe from Northern Ireland ?
    But not from France Belgium Spain Holland the USA Australia New Zealand Africa Hong Kong Iceland Denmark Sweden Norway India Pakistan and shed loads more countries including Wales :pineapple::evil::goodie:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  18. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Wales ? Wales is in the U.K. and fully entitled to use it without restrictions.

Yes, there may still be ways round it as detailed above but for the average user, both iPlayer and Netflix have become hard to watch even with a VPN, where once they weren’t. Popular VPNs are detected immediately and viewing is denied.

19. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Everyone needs a 3 CD Hank Marvin set for £5.00
    [​IMG]
    On amazon now.

black sheriff and ptijerm like this.
  20. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Everyone needs this Hank Marvin vinyl.
    [​IMG]
    for £6.00 on amazon .

black sheriff and ptijerm like this.
  21. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

iPlayer is easy anywhere on the planet .
    Ive got family Netflix that just works even in Wales.

22. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

If someone could recommend a VPN that currently works with iPlayer in North America I'd be keen to know.

23. culabula

culabula Unread author.

According to @Omron it's "easy anywhere on the planet" - and that includes darkest Wales, apparently. Perhaps he’ll enlighten you :)

black sheriff likes this.
  24. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Link ?

25. culabula

culabula Unread author.