Better Call Saul - Season Four Discussion & Digestion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by EVOLVIST, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I feel sure the showrunners have at least considered a full Gene episode. Plenty of fans have expressed interest in that. I'm interested in it too, especially because we have gotten several shorter glimpses into Gene's future life that hint around at a whole lotta possibilities.

MikeInFla and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  2. George P

George P Notable Member

Yeah, I'd like a Gene movie (kinda like they did for Breaking Bad.)

MikeInFla and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  3. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Mike is not impressed...

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  4. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Im ready for another Jimmy and Kim scheme.

jwoverho likes this.
  5. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

S’all good man!

mpayan likes this.
  6. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Mike needs some digitizing.

7. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Just finished watching it. I liked it as much as previous seasons and more than Breaking Bad overall. The episodes are too short. At the same time some scenes are unnecessary stretched it seems, but it's minor. Will buy the full 5 seasons blu-ray set when it becomes available.
    Season 4 is dated 2018, and Netflix only shows it now. Does it mean season 5 is two years away for us?

GentleSenator likes this.
  8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

don't blame netflix, blame the silly amount of time it took for season 5 to finally air.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  9. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

I translate Better Call Saul for foreign territories and have watched (and worked on) the first 3 episodes of season 5 and I think they are brilliant, well worth waiting for.

10. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Season 5 is Sunday! Don't forget to set the DVR!

jeffrey walsh and notesofachord like this.
  11. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Don't forget episode 2 airs Monday

12. George P

George P Notable Member

:goodie:

jeffrey walsh likes this.
  13. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

Really? That's so cool!

jeffrey walsh likes this.
  14. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I just set up the dvr to record all new episodes. It will be the first time I have seen any of the series while it's still fresh! Looking forward to it. I noticed Walking Dead also starts back up Sunday night as well.

15. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

So excited for the new season. Feels like Christmas!

jeffrey walsh, chili555 and MikeInFla like this.
  16. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

S4 just recently hit netflix ... so i got to watch it for the first time, and binged the entire season on saturday.

i thoroughly enjoyed it. a perfect ride.

EVOLVIST and MikeInFla like this.
  17. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

:eek:

I've done some serious binge watching, but clearly I am a total amateur.

MikeInFla and polchik like this.
  18. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

i paid for it sunday as i had to get up and do some stuff on 4 hours sleep. i just couldn't stop LOL. it was worth though !

EVOLVIST and MikeInFla like this.
  19. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Binged the whole last season last weekend. Can't wait for Sunday!

(Although it will stink having to wait a whole day for the next episode. And then a whole week.)

20. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

One advantage of binge-watching Better Call Saul on Blu-ray - I just finished Season 4 a few days ago - is all the bonus features. At a time when bonus features are becoming scarce on physical media, the Better Call Saul sets still have them in abundance. Each episode of the season 4 set has a commentary track featuring show-runner Peter Gould and a number of others who contributed to the episode - writer, director, cast member, etc. I learned something from every one of them, and came away with an even greater appreciation of of the series as a result. The amount of time and effort that's spent on even the smallest detail is amazing. The fact that this show is so consistently good is no accident.

21. EVOLVIST

EVOLVIST Kid A Thread Starter

I don't remember discussing during Season 4 why Mike thought it was a bad idea for Werner to fly back to Germany for a weekend to see his wife. Why was it a bad idea?

Was it because Mike didn't think that Gus would go for it? Or, was it because Mike couldn't trust Kai in Werner's stead?

The crew was behind schedule, yes, but would it have been the ultimate sin for Werner to go only for a weekend?

I suppose the contract with Gus stipulated that the Germans stay until the job is done; however, precisely because they were behind schedule is reason to give a little leeway, since Mike assured Gus that being behind schedule only meant that the "Work was solid." Gus didn't seem to mind.

I don't know, I just got to thinking about what ultimately cost Werner his life and what would happened had he been allowed a weekend getaway.

22. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

His disappearance also followed on the heels of him being very chatty with the locals when Mike took the crew out for beer. That suggested that he couldn't keep the secret long term.

formu_la, chili555 and Dayfold like this.
  23. Dayfold

Dayfold Forum Resident

I think Mike simply could not take the risk that Werner would not return from the trip. Or that he might leak sensitive information while gone. Wasn't Werner's behaviour already a bit flakey and perhaps paranoid by this time? I might be misremembering, it's been a while. Hadn't he also drawn a diagram for someone in a bar that made Mike really angry or was that later? I should rewatch this season before the new one starts.

dougotte likes this.
  24. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

Werners death illustrates the brute violence that’s at the dark heart of the series. We forget cuz it’s a funny show and whatnot, but people die in the drug biz, and it’s usually fairly innocent people who don’t realize what they have gotten themselves into.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  25. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Killing the two corrupt cops who killed his son was one thing, but killing an innocent man who he clearly liked personally is another. This is the moment when Mike "turns into Saul", if ya know what I mean. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.