Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

2. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I saw Marillion with Fish on that very first Script tour at Hammersmith Odeon. I then caught them on Fugazi and Misplaced Childhood. What a great live band they were. I lost interest during the Hogarth years, but recently reconnected and have been buying a few of their live albums. I recommend the Royal Albert Hall sets. The last few CD/DVD sets are on my Amazon watch list. This new release is obviously of sentimental interest. :)

4. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Yep , I really connected with Marillion , I was given a copy of the market square heroes and adored the b side Three boats down from the candy ..So script was one of the first albums I brought that was definitely “my band” as a 12 year old..same with Fugazi (which I love) and I finally saw them on the Misplaced Childhood tour .. they were at their peak then , great albums , artwork , b sides ... I’m afraid Clutching at Straws felt a bit underwhelming at the time and like you I never really connected with the Hogarth era in the same way .. I still brought the albums on release up to Sunlight and then bailed ... however I’ve picked up the others since and am now up to date .. but I’ll always love the fish era as opposed to like the Hogarth era ..hence I paid the extra for a signed Script and Misplaced CD box set ..which I’ll also do with Fugazi .. the live album on Misplaced was brilliant

5. imarcq

I also ordered the Marbles and Afraid of Sunlight deluxe DVD boxsets for £24 each. The others are a bit pricey at £50+++ right now but I'll grab any deals if I see them. I've got all of those very early vinyl 12" EPs on the Script set, plus the first three EMI vinyls too.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    latheofheaven and Gavaxeman like this.
  6. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

My double vinyl of this arrived during the week, as someone who doesn't really know Feeder aside from Buck Rogers I will say this record is very good. Very impressed, its going to get a second play very soon. Chilled, acoustic and melodic.

7. imarcq

Thanks for the heads up. I bought both this Yorktown Heights, and the Dams of the West LP (posted down-thread) vinyl, together from the same third party seller for a tenner shipped! Nice :)

latheofheaven and Almost Simon like this.
  8. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

I looked at Fish's site when I was checking prices; but it said the store was closed through February. I did buy my copy of Clutching from Marillion's site to get the signed picture.

Before doing this preorder, I checked prices at Amazon USA, Ebay, Grooves, & Marillion's site. This is the lowest priced Marillion box from the current series I've ever bought. And oddly, Afraid Of Sunlight (only an ok album imo) was the most expensive.

9. Almost Simon

Nice. I have Dams of the West beside the turntable ready for a spin today.

imarcq likes this.
  10. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

I’ve got a few new arrivals sitting waiting to be cleaned and played.
    I’ve had to wait for a hundred new poly paper inner sleeves [​IMG] to arrive from soundswholesaleltd.co.uk yesterday.

latheofheaven, imarcq and Gavaxeman like this.
  11. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

ptijerm and imarcq like this.
  12. Almost Simon

Dams of the west album is very good. Very impressed.

imarcq and Omron like this.
  13. imarcq

I prefer to use the black ones so I can lose them in the dark! :) Actually... So I can see instantly that I've cleaned it myself :)

latheofheaven likes this.
  14. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Not sure the Artist track listings actually correspond to what’s written on the front of the cover?

15. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Which RCM do you use ?

16. imarcq

I don't. Clean by hand with a solution and micro fibre. I've both made my own and also bought solutions. Sometimes I've rinsed with denatured water depending on my method. I use "dent-pullers" to hold the vinyl and protect the labels. I won't go into it here any more as folks get quite touchy about "non-deal" chatter. I've posted extensively about this subject on some of the dedicated vinyl cleaning threads. :)

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  17. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

18. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

This album arrived half hour ago.
    [​IMG]
    Cleaned and playing now just to check it before I give it to my daughter.
    I might get another as it’s quite good.

latheofheaven and Almost Simon like this.
  19. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

If it works for you great but I wouldn’t do it like that.

latheofheaven likes this.
  20. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Cleaned and playing as I type.
    [​IMG]

Almost Simon likes this.
  21. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I think you are over-thinking this!

[​IMG]

:winkgrin:

latheofheaven, superstar19 and imarcq like this.
  22. imarcq

I only clean dirty records. No room to swing a cat so no RCM. I don't rate spin-clean or anything similar. Just a dirty bath! The way I do it is very thorough with great results. Its documented elsewhere here. But please look up the dedicated threads before the moderator steps in and deletes everything here anyway. Cheers :)

23. imarcq

Never put Led Zep II in the dishwasher.
    If it works for you great but I wouldn’t do it like that. ;)

24. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Whole Lotta Lather! :D

25. imarcq

The Sunlight Lemon Song :)

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.