Record Store Day 2020 - "RSD Drops" Aug 29/Sep 26/Oct 24

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Jan 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

yes, every day is a great day to shop at a record store. even record store day.

ss nimrod, Sean, fishyboots and 3 others like this.
  2. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Interesting...Perhaps they are planning a deluxe set for the album later this year and want to release the pic disc version simultaneously

3. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

A SDE would be great!

joeislive likes this.
  4. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

That’ll be next.

deathproof13 and croquetlawns like this.
  5. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Personally, I'd prefer Parade first, but I wouldn't grumble about Sign!

Chris Bernhardt and deathproof13 like this.
  6. williamjoel

williamjoel Spins At 33 1/3 RPM

Interesting! I did not know that.

7. Are these Krautrock titles available in the USA?

tug_of_war likes this.
  8. Indeed. And I'm happy to fork my money over for at least a few tasty titles: Sabbath; Gabor Szabo; and Neil Young's Homegrown.

uzn007, tug_of_war and ET3311 like this.
  9. snepts

snepts Forum Resident

I'm so bummed my favorite CD/Record store closed recently. I didn't go there a lot these last few years because I didn't have the money, but when I did it was so much fun to go through the racks and grab music just because I could afford to and it was fun. Don't think I will ever order anything online at this point, it just pisses me off.

ss nimrod and Greenalishi like this.
  10. Mo0g

Mo0g Forum Resident

My rule of thumb is; if there is a thread which would clearly hold no interest for me don't bother going into that thread in the first place and/or post that it holds no interest for me.

Frances the Mute, Sean, ARK and 22 others like this.
  11. Andrea_Bellucci

Andrea_Bellucci Forum Resident

Hi Guys!

This might be my first RSD for only this (The Church - Gold Afternoon Fix) one. :)

Does anybody know in general how the quality of Real Gone Music is?

And how likely this one will also be availible in Europe?

Bye Andrea :wave:

12. Scott 4

Scott 4 Forum Resident

Real Gone have been a bit hit and miss quality wise, but that is the result of licensing product from folks like Rhino and having to use a plant like Rainbo for pressings to keep things economical. But with Rainbo gone, their batting average is improving, and the titles they have been able to press at Gotta Groove have been exemplary, so I am optimistic that their RSD titles should be fine, but I wonder what plant options will be open to them to license The Church from Sony.

Defrance, izgoblin, jlf and 1 other person like this.
  13. Richard 1966

Richard 1966 Forum Resident

Gavaxeman likes this.
  14. I love that picture disc. I loved the Smiths when I was younger. Not sure I'm that hardcore of a fan anymore. I'll need to listen to this and find out whether I dig it. I sure love the picture of the beautiful lady.

Gavaxeman likes this.
  15. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

Well, thanks to the list above I now have an Xmas present lined up for my partner - KD Lang's Drag. Was secretly hoping it would get a release soon and - bingo! - it did. Sadly, not much else intrigues me.

I'm still hoping for a vinyl reissue of the 2015 mix of Loaded. That I would jump for!

Zapruder and Clucking like this.
  16. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Who wouldn't want the convenience of listening to an entire Dead show while only getting up eight or nine times to change the record?

ARK and Greenalishi like this.
  17. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

If we're just seeing tentative lists, I don't think the stores have actually ordered yet. It could be worth putting in a request. They can't save it for you, obviously, but if you tell them you'll buy it, I don't see why they wouldn't order a copy. Last year I gave my local store about a half-dozen titles I was interested in, and they were able to get most of them. I would think that an obscure title like these could be less likely to sell out.

jlf, Howard Bleach and James spencer like this.
  18. James spencer

James spencer Forum Resident

I'd just like to second this. I work in a record shop, and while we can't special order or hold RSD titles it's a real help when customers let us know what they're interested in. There are always titles we might pass on but if someone gives us a heads up it pings on the old radar. Talk to your record clerks people, they are your lifeline to the titles you want.

19. hamishd91

hamishd91 Forum Resident

Another year, another lack of anything from the Chili Peppers. It's like they hate money.

20. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Don’t give up hope. The full list hasn’t been released yet.

21. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

RHCP would rather ‘Give It Away’.

Sean, ARK, mBen989 and 6 others like this.
  22. BlackCircleVinyl

BlackCircleVinyl Forum Resident

This will be my 8th Record Store Day (not counting Black Friday ones). In my city it’s not the madness I see reported here, much more relaxed and lots of fun. Queue starts forming about 1hr before opening time and for the past 3 years it’s been much the same people in the front 5 spots, none of whom are “flippers”. We check what each other got the previous year, talk about releases we loved over the past year and set forth into the store in excited anticipation. For me it’s about as close to that “Christmas Morning” feeling you had as a kid.
    Looking forward to the official RSD release list. For now I’m excited for NY Homegrown just to be one of the first to hear it, even though it will get wider release soon after.

23. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

This would be the first Vinyl Record I might actually try to kiss:love:.

24. Richard 1966

Richard 1966 Forum Resident

I get my 'wants' list in to my local record shop 24 hours after the official list is released. Never been let down yet.

25. duse

duse Senior Member

ARK, Geee!, Boognish and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.