Record Store Day 2020 - "RSD Drops" Aug 29/Sep 26/Oct 24

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Jan 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Ditto. I listened to a couple of tracks on the Youtube and it sounded good.

ARK and timnor like this.
  2. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Some more confirmations--

Ravi Shankar/George Harrison - Chants of India (red vinyl) (2LP) (BMG)

Disc 1:
    1. MAHAA MRITYUNJAYA
    2. VEENAA-MURALI
    Disc 2:
    1. GEETAA
    2. MANGALAM
    3. HARI OM
    4. SVARA MANTRA
    5. VEDIC CHANTING TWO
    6. PRABHUJEE
    7. SARVE SHAAM

Hank Williams and his Drifting Cowboys w/ Miss Audrey - 1951 March of Dimes (LP) (BMG)
    1. LOVESICK BLUES
    2. MOANIN' THE BLUES
    3. (THERE'S A BLUEBIRD) ON YOUR WINDOWSILL
    4. HANK TALKS ABOUT INFANTILE PARALYSIS
    5. HELP ME UNDERSTAND
    6. WHEN GOD DIPS HIS LOVE IN MY HEART

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  3. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

FWIW, to me THIS is what RSD is all about. ^^^

4. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

If this is confirmed I'm all in on the chants of India. Bought the car upon release and think it's a great record.

Clucking likes this.
  5. IHeartRecordsAz

IHeartRecordsAz Forum Resident

Anyone think there’s a chance we’ll get the list tomorrow? I know last year it came out at around this time, but I’m surprised we haven’t even seen even a social media post teasing a release date yet.

6. deathproof13

deathproof13 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t the list usually come out on a Tuesday?

7. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

First week of March.

dee likes this.
  8. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

There will be an Egypt Station Universe Edition that comes with a star map, astronaut patch, solar system playing cards, a tiny telescope, and "Space" remixes of all the songs.

:hide:

9. onionmaster

onionmaster Tropical new waver from the future

I think what's often overlooked is that unless you're really going for an audiophile release (and have enough pull with the label), labels will often send digital transfers rather than make the effort of locating the master tapes. One thing we'll never have is the full triple Midnite Vultures album, because Beck lost the remaining tracks from it due to a hard drive crash (although, there are enough released for at least a double). Beck has recorded a ton of unreleased things after the fire, an obvious one being "Evil Things", that was on the copy of Morning Phase sent to journalists, but removed before all proper releases.

I'd like a 7" reissue of the two tracks from this highly sought after independent release he did. The two tracks are both great, and would benefit from being given a side each rather than being crammed onto one. I don't know who deals with that label's archive nowadays though.

J Church / Phantom Pregnancies* / Mr. Hansen* - We Are Bacteria

10. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

A 3" telescope ?

11. James spencer

James spencer Forum Resident

Boy, I was just thinkin'. You know what would be great? An Echo and the Bunnymen box of the first four albums and all of the attendant singles and EP tracks. That would get me out of the house (if I wasn't already working the store).

12. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Good have this confirmed. Red vinyl in a purple sleeve - ouch!

Clucking and croquetlawns like this.
  13. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Confirmed
    Paul McCartney: McCartney (180g) (half-spd mastered) (LP)

14. zwolo

zwolo Forum Resident

Is this a shared dream or is there something to it?

15. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

I hope Queen do something for RSD...There are so many great live recordings that could be released.

16. James spencer

James spencer Forum Resident

No. Sorry, just late night wishful thinking. But Rhino is missing a trick by not giving it a go. I mean they were on Sire so they should fall under the WB/Rhino umbrella. And they've released stranger boxed sets in the past.

17. Adegan

Adegan Forum Resident

It would be a dream for all Duran Duran fans if Capitol / EMI issued a 35th anniversary 12" single for A View To A Kill given that a few years ago an officially unreleased 12" mix made it out into the wild. This year is supposed to be the 40th anniversary of the band (even though they formed in 1978, but whatever), so hopefully something of interest will be released.

18. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

Like the 90’s albums through to Astronaut.

19. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

They'll do something, but like they always do for RSD, it'll be a gimmicky release with no new music.

I'm disappointed that the Live Killers 40th anniversary has passed without anything released and now the talk is of a The Miracle box. I like The Miracle, I like all Queen, but along with A Kind of Magic it's my least favourite Queen album. Of course, there will be no live stuff on it.

20. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

I still can't believe The Wedding Album hasn't gotten a widespread vinyl reissue like their 80s albums that you can find in used bins. I get where Liberty, Medazzaland, Pop Trash, etc... might be harder sells and would work as RSD exclusives, but The Wedding Album was a big hit

bootbox, Christopher B, ARK and 6 others like this.
  21. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

I agree! I always looks for Queen first when the list comes out (along with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers). They are adverse to releasing anything new and it doesn’t make any sense to me.

Zach Johnson and Man at C&A like this.
  22. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

What was left over from The Miracle? I know there were a few b-sides on the singles, but after that, I think all that’s left are demos or slightly modified “alternate” versions. It hardly warrants the box set treatment.

Man at C&A and pokemaniacjunk like this.
  23. pokemaniacjunk

pokemaniacjunk Forum Resident

maybe it will be a solo recording of Brian or Roger like last year

faceinthecrowd likes this.
  24. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I have no idea but there are supposed to be unreleased songs from those sessions. Considering Party and My Baby Does Me made the album and Stealin' got released at the time, I don't hold out much hope of them being good. They seem prolific then though. The Miracle is the only Queen album where nearly all the singles taken from it have non album b sides.

25. pokemaniacjunk

pokemaniacjunk Forum Resident

there is atleast 4 songs unreleased from the album that we know of

A New Life Is Born (the beginning is used for Breakthru)
    I Guess Were Falling Out
    Face It Alone
    Dog With A Bone (arguable since it was mainly recorded with convention message's put in)
    and the song All Gods People was worked on during this album

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.