Record Store Day 2020 - "RSD Drops" Aug 29/Sep 26/Oct 24

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Jan 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

Keith Rowe gets a RSD release ?! I never thought I'd see the day. Now to hope it makes it to my store.

2. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

I’ve heard Face it Alone (bootleg recording from Queen convention) and it’s hardly suitable for release. It’s mostly humming with a few lyrics. Beautiful melody though. I doubt Queen Productions will put out anything that hasn’t appeared elsewhere. They never do!

Man at C&A and pokemaniacjunk like this.
  3. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

They better should make Live At The Bowl, Rock Montreal and Live At Wembley available on vinyl again.

faceinthecrowd and Man at C&A like this.
  4. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

I've been dying for this since it was released.

5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. God bless that man's soul. :D

Sean, uzn007, ARK and 6 others like this.
  6. pauluz

pauluz Forum Resident

I am informed that the full RSD 2020 list will be released at 6pm GMT Thursday 5th March.

7. ProfBoz

ProfBoz Forum Resident

I have their colored-vinyl reissues of Starfish (green), Sometime Anywhere (orange and blue) and black vinyl reissue of Priest=Aura. All are dead quiet and sound just fine to these ears. I'll get this one if its available in my area.

JeffMo and Andrea_Bellucci like this.
  8. Adegan

Adegan Forum Resident

The Wedding Album was released on vinyl when it came out (UK, Europe, South Korea, South American countries), but there was nothing (official) put out on vinyl after Thank You until Astronaut came along. But yeah, TWA does deserve a vinyl reissue on 180g vinyl - and it would be nice if this format followed the Brazilian release of being spread over 2 vinyls. I wasn't too impressed with the LP vinyls that had been issued for recent RSD - it was basically Arena on 2 colored vinyls and a live show from the Medazzaland era on colored 2 LP and a single vinyl live LP from their Paper Gods tour.

9. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

It's not the most enthralling prospect. I think All God's People is a dreadful track on a fine album. The beginning of Breakthru is great but I'd imagine that if the rest was good they'd have used it, at least on a B-side. Any quality material from these sessions has had plenty of opportunity to be used on The Miracle and it's B-sides, Innuendo and Made In Heaven.

10. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

That would be a definite buy for me (as only the first volume was originally released on vinyl).

Darryl

Boognish and James spencer like this.
  11. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

TWA deserves vinyl reissue and SDE boxset treatment.

I need to spin those live Duran RSD LPs again.

12. ScienceFriction

ScienceFriction Forum Resident

A reissue/repress of Astronaut would be nice too, for those of us who enjoy that album. It's not easy or cheap to get.

13. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

I love fresh, original thoughts lime this!

fitzrik, bootbox and ndoheny like this.
  14. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I hope some of my favorite artists are on the list March 5
    or I'll have to sit out this RSD.

dee likes this.
  15. Hoping for another Sun Records comp. Have really enjoyed the series.

16. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

A Byrds 7” set would be nice

Nick Dominic likes this.
  17. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Last year there was a listing of the famous ALICE COOPER - live concert from Radio CLYDE at Glasgow (Scotland) from the Special Forces Tour. This was listed as a double vinyl in Canada but suddenly disappeared. I hope it will be released this time.

Boognish and JRose like this.
  18. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

I would participate in RSD for that release alone. Thanks for the "heads up".

19. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Getting more bored with this cash in every year. Release something mundane and give it a number and say it’s limited and then take the money...no imagination into most of it. Sure, some of it is vaguely interesting and there is the annual Bowie release but there you go, I doubt I’ll be buying much...

FourWalledWorld likes this.
  20. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Let’s be honest, that lot is TOTALLY underwhelming. It will all be digitally cut at GZ like Demon does aswell...

21. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

I getting three of those. So not underwhelming in the least.

Sorry to interrupt the moanfest...

uzn007, xfilian, superstar19 and 2 others like this.
  22. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Already confirmed.

MarkO likes this.
  23. 86mets

86mets Counting Crows #1 Fan

Awesome reply...Awesome reply...Awesome reply...Awesome reply...Awesome reply...Awesome reply...

ODShowtime likes this.
  24. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

It’s worth contacting your local shop to let them know about this title and your interest. Obviously it doesn’t guarantee they’ll get copies but it puts it on the radar. :)

25. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

There’s a good chance The Who will release last years intended release. A deluxe version of Odds and Sods with outtakes from the Sell Out album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.